Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The second ever Mogwai Downs Derby

Executive Chef

The second ever Mogwai Downs Derby

It's been a month since Phred the Hampshire Hog became Mogwai Downs' first champion. The racers have had time to recover, as well as welcome some new competitors to the complex, which means we now have 8 eager racers in need of 8 eager owners to cheer them on to victory.

Welcome back to Mogwai Downs!

This race will be run similarly to the first one, with a few changes. I'm going to roll an 8 sided di once a day (except on weekends) to determine movement. Each racer has learned new common and unique characteristics since the last race, the former being a rock throw. At any point during the race, an owner can command their animal to throw a rock at any other animal, effectively disabling it for that turn. Each animal can only do this once during the race, so be sure to choose which round and opponent wisely. Send me a PM with an opponent's name and the rock will be thrown during the next turn. Nobody will be told which owner threw which rock, so feel free to sabotage without fear of repercussion

As for the unique characteristics.. allow me to introduce them along with each animal:

HAMPSHIRE HOG- You may have noticed the 2 mud patches strewn across the race track. Nothing makes a hog happier than being in mud, and when the hampshire hog hits the mud he becomes giddy with excitement and the value of his current roll is doubled.

SHEEP- Like any good owner, you keep your sheep's wool nice and trim. In fact, you even trim it during the race to help him shed a little weight and get a boost. The sheep's roll is doubled every 5th round.

COW- Three hay carts have also been added to the race track, temporary pit stops for the cow, if you will. Everytime this racer reaches a hay cart, it immedietly stops running for the rest of the turn to munch on some hay and then, feeling full of energy, does a double dash the next round.

ROOSTER- This guy is a sneaky, clever little fellow, hopping up onto the backs of his competitors any chance he gets to catch a ride and save a little energy. Any time the rooster ends a round neck and neck with another racer, it hops aboard that racer's back for the next round, effectively traveling the same distance as that animal, and then jumps forward and flail's its chicken wings at the end of the round to travel an extra 2 spaces.

And now, allow me to formally welcome our 4 newest competitors to Mogwai Downs. They're not race tested like the Hampshire Hog, Sheep, Cow, and Rooster are, but come highly recommended as worthy challengers.

SKUNK- While I try to provide every racer with an equal opportunity to win, there's just nothing I can do about the foul odor this new skunk produces. It's absolutely debilitating and leaves all the other racers gasping for fresh air at the end of each round while the skunk continues to move ahead 1 extra space.

PARROT/FLAMINGO- If you were a bird racing against animals that had to run on the ground, wouldn't you fly across corners rather than rounding them? Right, these birds would too, and will. When they reach the first light post, they leave the track and fly straight to the 2nd light post before returning.

SCARECROW- Please note that the scarecrow is the least competent of all the racers and as such, requires daily attention from it's owner, so please do not choose him unless you can commit to that. He doesn't have the means to earn boosts periodically, but he does have lots and lots of hay at his disposal. As his owner, you will command him each round to toss hay into the face of any one opponent, reducing that animal's total spaces moved by 2 for that round. Like the rock throw, you will command the scarecrow to toss his hay by sending me a PM with an opponent's name each day.

So now that that is out of the way, these racers need owners.. YOU to cheer them on and get every ounce of effort out of them! And they also need names. This will again work on a first come first served basis so if an animal has not been claimed then reply to this thread claiming and naming it. And even if all 8 animals have been claimed, you can sign up as a trainer for your favorite animal and help it's owner cheer it on to victory.

HAMPSHIRE HOG- *Rosco*, owned by saintlover. Trainer needed
    SHEEP- *Stacy*, owned by pinkster73. Trained by happyday5.
    COW- *Rachel*, owned by Rachael98. Trainer needed
    ROOSTER- *Cogburn*, owned by hectorloch. Trained by hippoberry.
    SKUNK- *Evil Oreo*, owned by mattdiner. Trained by kinzlee
    PARROT- *Ke$ha*, owned by driftboutique. Trainer needed
    FLAMINGO- *Yetta*, owned by sissy8. Trained by xokay.
    SCARECROW- *Brainy Ray*, owned by MiniLaura. Trainer needed

You do not have to play Farm Story to participate, you can simply follow along in this thread. If you'd like a front row seat at Mogwai Downs you can also send me a neighbor request and visit my farm.
    Last edited by Mogwai4111; 07-04-11 at 10:57 AM.

Executive Chef
    yes can i join the flamingo??????????
    sissy8 because GroupMagma was taken
    president of the FPGC
    Dimpy Wimpy,Wiskey,Sis,,Duffy, Loony,Big Wayn,Snowy,Patty,Po,Johnny,Alexis,Mick,Mack,Rita,E lvis,Ping,Pong,Tina,LG,Twiggy,Andy Pandy,Sweetie,Moggie,Hector,Fred, Kookie,Meg,Percy,Big Wilma,Annie,Amy,Ted,Beautifull Willy,Hank,Hunk,Fritzz,Lizzy,Rach,Ophra she thinks,Benny,Softie,Betty,Lola, Sam,Mia,Jen,Po2,Wies,Pen,Jim Neela,Pun,Ben, DJ,Q&Q(twins),Jake,JR,Ann, and AL, love Hay Day

Executive Chef
    her name is Yetta
    president of the FPGC
    Dimpy Wimpy,Wiskey,Sis,,Duffy, Loony,Big Wayn,Snowy,Patty,Po,Johnny,Alexis,Mick,Mack,Rita,E lvis,Ping,Pong,Tina,LG,Twiggy,Andy Pandy,Sweetie,Moggie,Hector,Fred, Kookie,Meg,Percy,Big Wilma,Annie,Amy,Ted,Beautifull Willy,Hank,Hunk,Fritzz,Lizzy,Rach,Ophra she thinks,Benny,Softie,Betty,Lola, Sam,Mia,Jen,Po2,Wies,Pen,Jim Neela,Pun,Ben, DJ,Q&Q(twins),Jake,JR,Ann, and AL, love Hay Day

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sissy8 View Post
    yes can i join the flamingo??????????
    He/she is yours. Is Yetta a male or female name?

Executive Chef
    female off course and she is a little bit *****y
    president of the FPGC

Executive Chef
    I shall be faithful to my fowl - except (she) is no longer a chicken. He's a rooster. If accepted, I shall call him Cogburn.
    Deputy sub-Assistant Racing Clerk to The First Ever FPGC Half Medley
    Principal Clerk (Rtd) to the Joint Clerks and Secretaries of the FPGC

Executive Chef
    Would love to join, but bad timing as I'm heading on holidays soon. Perhaps next time. Have a great race all. Ty Mog for the innovations.

Executive Chef
    When Sissy's bird hits the first lightpost she "flies to the second lightpost before returning ..." Words missing here - presumably "to the Starting Line (but in this instance if carrying the Rooster, after first letting him off at the second lightpost). "
    Deputy sub-Assistant Racing Clerk to The First Ever FPGC Half Medley
    Principal Clerk (Rtd) to the Joint Clerks and Secretaries of the FPGC

Can I have the skunk, please?
    Skunk: Evil Oreo
    This is a signature.

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    Cow by the name of Rachel please

Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast