Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GM Dropping Truth about the Weekly Contests

The Honorable Panda
    [QUOTE=driftboutique;82868]For heaven's sake. Android users can participate same as everyone! If you want to complain about how circuitous the process is, perhaps you should take that up with your phone manufacturer, who chose an OS that does not permit screen caps.[/

Agree with driftwood.. Forum is for information and sharing. If you do not want members to comment on your post then why Bash team lava on the forum for everyone to read? Send a private message to GM or email team lava direct with your complaint that way only team lava will respond.

I do not know much about android but it looks like this thread ended up giving some good information for android users and how to post their pictures...
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Rhino Keeper
    I'm an android user as well but never complained about different treatment. Android users can enter the contest, they just need someone to take a pic and upload it so they can use that link to compete. There's a thread called 'android users can't take a picture' where you can request a screencap. Also if you google it, you can find a method to capture yourself.

The main complaint is that some users post the same picture with the same ID on every page which is completely unfair. This is already stated in the contest post but they just ignored it or aren't capable of reading/understanding?

There's no reason attacking users or moderators about this. Mods should just remove 'double' post and keep the contest fair.

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    Quote Originally Posted by CopperBoom View Post
    I'm an android user as well but never complained about different treatment. Android users can enter the contest, they just need someone to take a pic and upload it so they can use that link to compete. There's a thread called 'android users can't take a picture' where you can request a screencap. Also if you google it, you can find a method to capture yourself.

The main complaint is that some users post the same picture with the same ID on every page which is completely unfair. This is already stated in the contest post but they just ignored it or aren't capable of reading/understanding?

There's no reason attacking users or moderators about this. Mods should just remove 'double' post and keep the contest fair.
    Thank you. You're exactly right. Why can't we get along over a fun way to get free gems/CC and show off our places?

Executive Chef
    Just a couple notes, though others have already stated my response.

1) I am an Android user, and an avid user of pretty much everything Google develops. Saying that I'm conspiring against Android users, or purposefully making things more difficult for them, is tantamount to calling Steve Jobs a PC-fanboy.

2) As others stated, the lack of a screen capture on Android is not TL's decision -- the ability to take screenshots is not native to Android.

3) Android users can also take a picture of their device with another device/camera and post the picture that way.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by GroupMagma View Post
    Just a couple notes, though others have already stated my response.

1) I am an Android user, and an avid user of pretty much everything Google develops. Saying that I'm conspiring against Android users, or purposefully making things more difficult for them, is tantamount to calling Steve Jobs a PC-fanboy.

2) As others stated, the lack of a screen capture on Android is not TL's decision -- the ability to take screenshots is not native to Android.

3) Android users can also take a picture of their device with another device/camera and post the picture that way.
    So really, at least half of this thread should go to whomever designs Androids. And are we allowed to get on as above too?

Farm Supplier
    I just take that as another comment. I never said you shouldn't have an opinion. I was simply making a comment!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by avasmom07 View Post
    I just take that as another comment. I never said you shouldn't have an opinion. I was simply making a comment!
    That was GM, which kinda mucks up what you're saying, but I won't press it.

Rhino Keeper
    I forgot to mention that it's not Android system that cannot make screencaps, it's really Teamlava's fault. I've installed other games and most of them have a camera button and takes photos without any problems.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by CopperBoom View Post
    I forgot to mention that it's not Android system that cannot make screencaps, it's really Teamlava's fault. I've installed other games and most of them have a camera button and takes photos without any problems.
    Which game? I've played a game called Spaghetti Marshmallow that has a screenshot feature, but it freezes while taking the picture and eventually force closes.

I'm wondering if it works for you because your phone is rooted? I'd like to see if your games' SS feature works on my unrooted phone.
    Last edited by Mogwai4111; 06-27-11 at 04:01 AM.

Fashion Designer
    State of New Jersey! The armpit of America!
    Hello everyone.
    I have been reading this thread in an effort to figure out how am I to upload a picture from my iPad device.

Instead I read all these replies about poor android users.

So, if there is anyone out there that can help, please help!!

I take a picture using the photo shot and the picture is saved to my pictures.

I come to this forum to upload, but the upload feature doesn't seem to be working. I copied the picture but I can't paste. I'm not an idiot, but am I doing something wrong?

Could anyone please be more specific about how to upload a snapshot using the iPad?

Thanks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast