Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GM Dropping Truth about the Weekly Contests

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by lglegl52 View Post
    I would like to take this opportunity to express my very real frustration. Hopefully, this will be read by GroupMagma and a reasonable response forthcoming.

Like a great many others, I use an Android device. I am active in Restaurant, Farm and now City Story games. I also have Racing Live, World War and IMobsters from your sister company Storm8 loaded on my Android device.

Like many Android users, I have purchased gems (or city cash or prestige points or favors, etc) for these various games.

Why are we treated like second-class citizens? Why are we denied opportunites to participate ourselves -- conveniently -- in contests sponsored by TeamLava? Why are we denied the opportunity to build items on the various Story games? Why is it left to us to explain to frustrated neighbors (often with a different native language) why we cannot send them the parts they need as gifts?

You market the game on the Android marketplace. You collect revenue from Android users. Yet many of these issues relating to differential treatment have been known for a year. Look back at all your posts -- the pleas by Android users for the same options given to Apple users.

You market to both. You collect revenue from both. Write for both.

Lglegl52
    For heaven's sake. Android users can participate same as everyone! If you want to complain about how circuitous the process is, perhaps you should take that up with your phone manufacturer, who chose an OS that does not permit screen caps.

Farm Supplier
    Somebody has a comment for everything! Why don't you leave this up to GM?

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by driftboutique View Post
    For heaven's sake. Android users can participate same as everyone! If you want to complain about how circuitous the process is, perhaps you should take that up with your phone manufacturer, who chose an OS that does not permit screen caps.
    Allow me to explain. If the rule presented by GM goes into effect without modification, the Apple user who is kind enough to post the photo from the link provided by the Android user will not be able to post his or her own photo. They also will not be able to post photos from more than one Android user. This has the impact of effectively blocking out the Android user.

There are solutions. For example, structure the contest in a way that accepts photos OR links. Another would be to provide a way for the Android user to send a link to Team Lava from within the game itself ... for Team Lava to include in the contest. Those are just two possible examples of steps that can be taken to facilitate enjoyment by ALL users of the game.

As an aside, I would note that the advice from avasmom07 is good advice.

Lglegl52

Executive Chef
    Allow me to explain. If the rule presented by GM goes into effect without modification, the Apple user who is kind enough to post the photo from the link provided by the Android user will not be able to post his or her own photo. They also will not be able to post photos from more than one Android user. This has the impact of effectively blocking out the Android user.
    The Android player can still post their own image (they just need the URL to where the image is being hosted), which is actually the fair way to host the contest, the other way there are too many ways players can take advantage. Which unfortunately is what caused the thread and enforced rules.
    Last edited by trenae; 06-26-11 at 09:56 AM.

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    For heaven's sake indeed! I assume that GM will not be pleased to find this thread here.
    Android users get the same oppurtunities as Apple users in contests, albeit with slightly different entry methods. That's the end of it really.

Rhino Keeper
    Way Number One:
    Highlight [img]. Copy. Paste.

Way Number Two:
    Right click. Save Picture. Photo bucket. Upload. Copy. Paste.

Please read a little more carefully. He said " only post picture of your own account IN THE WEEKLY CONTEST" thread. It's nothing to get all paranoid about, no one is conspiring against android.

--------------------------------

Thank you for addressing this matter, Groupmagma. I was seriously wondering about it awhile back, and have stopped entering that particular contest because of it. Aren't you glad you get to see my fugly bakery/restaurant once a week, again !?!

Executive Chef

There are solutions. For example, structure the contest in a way that accepts photos OR links. Another would be to provide a way for the Android user to send a link to Team Lava from within the game itself ... for Team Lava to include in the contest. Those are just two possible examples of steps that can be taken to facilitate enjoyment by ALL users of the game.

As an aside, I would note that the advice from avasmom07 is good advice.

Lglegl52
    first of all, as others have pointed out, you are entirely incorrect. Android users can enter the contest in exactly the same fashion as Apple users.

Secondly, I'm using this forum as intended -- to discuss and inform. You and avasmom07 are the ones playing moderator, lecturing people about what is and isnt acceptable behavior. I think THAT is what's best left to GM.

Executive Chef
    Secondly, I'm using this forum as intended -- to discuss and inform. You and avasmom07 are the ones playing moderator, lecturing people about what is and isnt acceptable behavior. I think THAT is what's best left to GM.
    I think a lot of people should take note of this comment.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by avasmom07 View Post
    Somebody has a comment for everything! Why don't you leave this up to GM?
    I would send you this in a VM, but I can't. If you wish to leave me a VM, please do so and we can continue this conversation there.

What exactly do you find offensive about someone who is not a moderator correcting misinformation? This is a forum. It's meant to be participatory.

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    I would send you this in a VM, but I can't. If you wish to leave me a VM, please do so and we can continue this conversation there.

What exactly do you find offensive about someone who is not a moderator correcting misinformation? This is a forum. It's meant to be participatory.
    There is NO problem with it. If there was, then this would be a useless forum.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast