Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't buy City Cash!

Rhino Keeper

Thumbs down Can't buy City Cash!

I have $4.05 left on my iTunes account and I was going to take advantage of buying 24 city cash for $3.99 during the sale and it says "Insufficient funds"

I HAVE MORE ON MY ITUNES ACCOUNT THAN I ACTUALLY NEED!!
    Games I Play:
    City Story - Halifax
    Restaurant Story - Market Place
    Nightclub Story - Oxygen

Have a question? Feel free to ask!

Need help with Zoo Story or Nightclub Story? Feel free to ask!

Need someone to take a pizza off your hands? Feel free to ask!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Swiminn6

Executive Chef
    Does your location add sales tax to any purchase?
    Some places get tax and some places don't (I, for example, live where the tax does not get applied so the cost in the store is the cost I pay).
    If your location does add on tax then you didn't have enough for the item as sales tax would add on to it.

Rhino Keeper
    Well just be careful. I bought $50 worth of city cash when it was on sale. I did not get it and support@teamlava says basically too bad. I sent them my receipt from iTunes and they say they show purchase - well of course they do I did purchase I just didn't get. I guess they can take your money and claim you got whatever. I may just have to report to Visa and have them investigate this kinda iffy dealing!!!! Too bad they feel *****ing is a good deal for them - because that is exactly what it is.

*cough cough* taxes
    This is a signature.

$0.24 sales tax.

You needed $4.23 to go through with that transaction.
    This is a signature.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by mattdiner View Post
    $0.24 sales tax.

You needed $4.23 to go through with that transaction.
    Is that tax in your area or is that the actual tax that iTunes charges? I was thinking of calculating what my local sales tax is but then I realized different places have different tax and since I've never had tax for iTunes I wasn't sure if they just charge the same amount of tax or if they do the local sales tax percent?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by xSnowyOwlx View Post
    Is that tax in your area or is that the actual tax that iTunes charges? I was thinking of calculating what my local sales tax is but then I realized different places have different tax and since I've never had tax for iTunes I wasn't sure if they just charge the same amount of tax or if they do the local sales tax percent?
    Apple charges the applicable LOCAL and STATE sales tax

Executive Chef
    That's what I thought, I just wasn't sure if you know where this person lives as they might actually have a different sales tax rate than you do.
    Where I live (like I've said) we don't get taxed on iTunes even though we do have a sales tax here. I guess it's just different people tax differently to get more for their communities.

Executive Chef
    I thought that since sales tax is a state thing, online purchases only add tax if the online seller is in the same state as the online buyer. Might have changed though?

Executive Chef
    I don't think so as that would mean that only residents in California get taxed as Apple is based in Cupertino, CA and I'm in California and I still don't get tax. I get tax on different stuff online but I do know that any download I do - whether from iTunes or from amazon - I don't get charged sales tax on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast