Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TeamLava Cookbook: Bakery Story

Thumbs up

? Miki - st8: MikiPlay
    Hello,
    My name is Miki, and I'm Farm; Restaurant; Bakery story player.
    English is not my mother language.
    I have a variety of vegetarian and vegan recipes,
    I could not translate my recipes in time for the Restaurant Competition game (and yet I add them here for the welfare of all the cooks).
    I hope you enjoy the recipes I recruit for this competition.
    This is the first time I put together a recipe in English, I used Google translator.
    So excuse me if something goes funny or weird.
    Also I'll try to use international measures to make it clear to everyone in the world.

Vegan Canned Fruit Cake:
    Ingredients: (in order of income)
    - 3 cups Flour
    - 1 cup Sugar
    - ? packet of Baking Powder
    - 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
    - 1 Teaspoon Salt
    - ⅔ cup veggie oil (about 10 tablespoons)
    - ⅓ cup of Date Honey Syrup (or Honey if you are not vegan)
    - 2 tablespoons Vinegar
    - 2 teaspoons of rum (optional) + shot of vodka (optional)
    - 1 or 2 Banana(s)
    - 850 grams (a large can - 30 ounces) of Preserves Fruit (any you like I used the tropics, they are relatively resistant and maintain their shape) or 1.5 pounds of fresh fruit.
    - 1 Glass of Fruit Juice (I used freshly squeezed orange juice diluted with a little water, alternatives: lemon juice without diluted or any fruit nectar that you like)

Preparation:
    In a large bowl you mix all dry ingredients and dissolve lumps if any.
    Add the liquids listed until the banana (oil, date honey syrup, vinegar and the optional alcohol*)
    Open the preserves fruit can and drain the liquid into your bowl.
    Mix everything in a mixer or hand blender.
    Stop when you get flexible and smooth mass, mash the banana(s) to puree and add it.
    Pour the addition of fruit juice and Blend well until you get a smooth paste.
    Add the fruit canned (If you're using fresh fruit add them now) and mix uniformly and equally distributed throughout the batter. It's important to pay close attention that indeed all the fruits in all layers are divided evenly and equally!

Baking:
    I've Bake it in silicone Gugelhupf (kuglof) baking dish, you can use alternatively in template 26 baking dish.
    Preheated oven on medium heat 170-180c? Celsius degree (level 5-6 in Fahrenheit oven - between 338-356F), for half an hour - 45 minutes. Until the cake turn brown, and a toothpick comes out dry. Leave to cool in the oven when it turned off.

The Fruit cake comes out compressed and not fluffy (like any banana bread) but full of flavors; pocketed with taste, and rich with surprises. For my taste, it gets better cooling in the refrigerator.

I did not try (because I wanted to keep the cake vegan) but if you want the cake to look like in the game - I'd match it to sour cream topping. It will break the sweetness of the cake and blend perfectly!

Sour Cream top:
    Ingredients:
    5 tablespoons sugar
    2 tablespoons instant-coffee (optional) or a teaspoon of vanilla extract
    2 ? tablespoons sour cream
    1 tablespoon of butter
    ? cup coarsely chopped nuts or bright raisins.

Preparation:
    In Small saucepans simmer all the ingredients for about 5 minutes and pour the cream on the cool cake.

Enjoy!

P.S:
    If you read Hebrew, you can find my recipe and more pictures from it on forum vegetarianism & veganism Forum in tapuz: https://www.tapuz.co.il/forums/main/V...msgid=96131659

Stuffed Mushrooms with salty cheeses and herbs:
    Ingredients:
    - 2 baskets of Fresh Mushrooms (About 24 mushrooms) the bigger the better.
    Cheese:
    - 100g (3.5 ounces) Feta Cheese
    - 3-5 Tablespoons of:
    Cottage cheese or spreading Goat cheese or Cream cheese.
    - 1 small-medium onion
    - 3-4 cloves Garlic
    - Bunch Mint leaves
    - Bunch Basil leaves
    - Bunch Parsley leaves (or cilantro if you prefer)
    - 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
    -1 Tablespoon dried Oregano
    - Salt
    - Pepper

Preparation:
    Wipe mushroom caps clean with a damp paper towel or peel the "skin" out from the mushroom.
    Carefully break off mushroom stems. Discarding the end of the stems and Chop rest of the stems extremely fine, with a small spoon, remove the heat inside the mushroom. Thus we have a large pocket to fill the mushrooms
    In mixing bowl, combine all ingredients we chop.
    Chop the Onion and Garlic extremely fine into preheat s****et with a little beat olive oil or sprayed oil and spoon preferably dried oregano leaves.
    When the onion begins to brown, add the chopped mushrooms elements for one or two minutes. Then Remove from the heat and return to the mixing bowl.
    Meanwhile, Chop finely handful from the spices. The Dominant components are the Parsley and Basil. The Mint adds a different tone and freshness
    When the mushroom mixture is no longer hot, crumble the feta cheese into the bowl. Mix all ingredients and spices.
    To bind the mixture, add half a teaspoon of olive oil and 3-5 tablespoons of cottage cheese or spreads goat cheese, or Cream cheese - as needed.
    Add Salt and pepper to the mixture, taste and adjust seasoning.

Preheat the oven to medium heat 180c? Celsius degree (level 5-6 in Fahrenheit oven - 356F)
    Spray gently oil inside the mushrooms. Using a little spoon, fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing (But be careful not to cram too much filling, otherwise it Tezel while baking).

Baking:
    Arrange the mushroom caps on cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven or until the mushrooms are piping hot, slightly brown and cheese is melted.
    Attention! The mushroom may shed liquids during the baking, you should drain them. Otherwise the baking time will take longer.
    Serve warm!

This recipe is very similar to the previous recipe, the difference is mainly in the mushrooms, which are Portobello mushrooms and cheeses that are more intense flavor. If you do not like ewe cheese or goat cheese, Mozzarella cheese can partially replace them.

Grilled Portobello Mushrooms stuffed with Ewe and Goat cheeses:
    Ingredients:
    - 1 basket of Fresh BIG Portobello mushrooms or 2 baskets of small ones - but the bigger the better.
    Cheese:
    - 100g (3.5 ounces) Ewe Cheese
    - 100g (3.5 ounces) Soft Goat Cheese
    - ? cup grated Parmesan
    - ? cup bread crumbs
    - 1 medium onion
    - 3-4 cloves Garlic
    - 4 sage leaves
    - Bunch Basil leaves
    - Bunch Parsley leaves (or cilantro if you prefer)
    - 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
    -1 Tablespoon dried Oregano
    - Salt
    - Pepper

Preparation:
    Wipe mushroom caps clean with a damp paper towel or peel the "skin" out from the mushroom.
    Carefully break off mushroom stems. Discarding the end of the stems and Chop rest of the stems extremely fine, with a small spoon, remove the heat inside the mushroom. Thus we have a large pocket to fill the mushrooms
    In mixing bowl, combine all ingredients we chop.
    Heat a small s****et, with a little olive oil, and throw into the sage. (They give a wonderful aroma when heat). Chop the Onion and Garlic extremely fine. Remove the sage leaves. Add the dried oregano, the onion and garlic mixture into the s****et.
    When the onion begins to brown, add the chopped mushrooms elements for one or two minutes. Then Remove from the heat and return to the mixing bowl.
    Meanwhile, Chop finely handful from the spices - Basil and Parsley.
    When the mushroom mixture is no longer hot, Cut the ewe cheese into small squares, and add them with the soft goat cheese to the bowl, Mix all ingredients and spices.
    Add Salt and pepper to the mixture, taste and adjust seasoning.

Preheat the oven to medium heat 180c? Celsius degree (level 5-6 in Fahrenheit oven - 356F)

Mix the Parmesan with the bread crumbs they will give a wonderful Crest to the roasted mushrooms.
    Spray gently oil inside the mushrooms. Using a little spoon, fill each mushroom (Be careful not to cram too much filling, otherwise it Tezel while baking).
    "Dip" the stuffed mushrooms in the Parmesan and bread crumbs mixture to cover the pocket was filled.

Baking:
    Arrange the mushroom caps on cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven. After fifteen minutes, remove the mushrooms from the oven. Drain the liquid that ran off, sprinkle the remaining Parmesan mixture and breadcrumbs on top for upgrade crust, and thought the oven for 5 more minutes or until the mushrooms are slightly brown, all cheese is melted with a beautiful crest on the top.
    Serve warm!

All recipes and pictures in this message are original! All rights reserved.
    ? Miki - st8: MikiPlay

Executive Chef
    Mom's chocolate chip cookies
    (this recipe is tripled as shown because they are so good!)

1 1/2 cup white sugar
    3/4 cup brown sugar
    1 1/2 cups Crisco
    3 eggs
    1 tbsp vanilla
    MIX ALL THESE TOGETHER

3 cups flour
    2 tsp baking soda
    1 1/2 tsp salt
    MIX ALL THE DRY TOGETHER AND ADD TO THE WET INGREDIENTS ABOVE

Add as many chocolate chips as you want!

Place on greased cookie sheets. 375 degrees for 10-12 min.

Farm Supplier
    I'd add Baklava
    Root Beer Float
    Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee
    Blueberry Squares
    Lemon Raspberry Loaf
    Pina Colada Smoothie!

New Resident
    hmmm.. maybe a classic like apple and rhubarb crumble..
    bread and butter pudding,
    choc fudge sundays or maybe for a drink.. a spider..

New Resident
    Sometimes, pumpkin pie can be a bit too heavy, especially when served alongside other autumn treats such as pecan pie. I suggest[COLOR="rgb(255, 140, 0)"] PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE[/COLOR]. It's light, easy to make and absolutely mouth-watering.
    *First, combine the following seven ingredients in a saucepan. I like to grind my own spices.
    1 envelope unflavored gelatin
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon allspice
    1/4 teaspoon ginger
    1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

*Then, stir in:
    3/4 cup of milk
    2 slightly beaten egg yolks
    1 cup of canned[COLOR="rgb(255, 140, 0)"] pumpkin[/COLOR]. (or fresh!)

*Cook over medium heat and stir until the mixture boils. Make sure the gelatin is completely dissolved.
    *Beat 2 egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1/4 cup of sugar and continue beating until firm peaks form. Fold the egg whites and sugar into the pumpkin mixture along with a 1/2 cup of whipping cream (whip it!).
    *Pile into crust and chill for a few hours. No topping necessary! Delicious!

Farm Supplier
    Candy!!!!!!
    Rock candy
    Suckers
    Cotton candy
    Fudge
    Brittle
    Caramel
    Every bakery needs candy

Thick strawberry smoothies.

6 strawberries
    1/2 cup yogurt
    1/2 cup whole milk
    1/2 cup vanilla ice cream

So simple, but darn, so delicious!

Last edited by mattdiner; 06-17-11 at 04:16 PM.
    This is a signature.

Executive Chef
    Great stuff so far, guys... enough to make a guy ***** on a diet.

Last recipes will be collected at 6 PM, so get those recipes in!

Executive Chef
    Thanks for playing, everyone! Today's winner is... hippoberry!

[hilarious and delicious visual, by the way ]

Quote Originally Posted by hippoberry View Post

I named him Kermit and then ate his face off. I still sleep pretty good at night too.
    hippo, let me know which game you want the Gems in.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by GroupMagma View Post
    Thanks for playing, everyone! Today's winner is... hippoberry!
    This contest is over right? I'm not sure because the thread's not closed and also you made it sound like somebody can win again by saying "today's winner".

Otherwise I have an awesome dessert to submit.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast