Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ripped off with magic box!

Host(ess)

Ripped off with magic box!

Thought I'd take a look at the magic box on Fashion Story to see if there was a clue as to what I would be getting if purchased but incorrectly thought touching it brought up an information window...Wrong! I got a notice telling me I had just spent 24 jewels on a coffee table that was awesome ...Wrong! Fair enough I was curious and shouldn't have touched the icon but my points are
    Surely when your buying with real money it should be something really cool, not the smallest coffee table imaginable.
    Surely it causes resentment and dissatisfaction having mystery purchases of differing values and appeal in the magic boxes rather than encouraging players to see what they could have. I won't be risking my own cash again, so customer lost now!
    I now have a coffee table in green with magazines on which is smaller than any of the other furniture for the store so looks stupid sat in my inventory, probably until I decide to sell it, reminding me never to do it again!

On the plus side I'm really enjoying the game in-spite of the above
    Has anyone else fallen into this trap??

Executive Chef
    I only ever spent gems to look in a magic box in Empire Story because Empire Story starts you off with over 50 gems and of course there is like nothing in that game that appeals to me to buy for gems and I got something cool which is a Trojan Horse but I'm certainly not going to be spending gems on a magic box unless I have a boat load of money.

You are singing my tune. I was curious and lost gems for the same coffee table. Now I lost 25 gems on order tab! I tapped the tab by mistake. I wish game would ask for confirmation before the purchase went through. But it is unlikely TPTB will add this feature, when they can get people to buy more gems for real money.

Me too! I bought the magic box thinking it would be something awesome. Instead, I got a pair of shoes for my avatar! Why the heck do I need shoes for that for 24 gems! And when I emailed lava soft, they said they couldn't credit me. What a rip off... I mean, I paid for those gems!

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    Has anyone fallen into this trap?

Definately! You are not alone. So far I've been lucky. But most people have bought something by accident.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kikboutique View Post
    Me too! I bought the magic box thinking it would be something awesome. Instead, I got a pair of shoes for my avatar! Why the heck do I need shoes for that for 24 gems! And when I emailed lava soft, they said they couldn't credit me. What a rip off... I mean, I paid for those gems!
    Well, you wouldn't be able to return an item because you didn't like it. If that were the case, people would request refunds for every item until they got the Epic item.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by GroupMagma View Post
    Well, you wouldn't be able to return an item because you didn't like it. If that were the case, people would request refunds for every item until they got the Epic item.
    All the same, accidental purchases (whether accidental or not can be done case-by-case, as per usual with Support) might want to be made refundable. Or at least partially. Or, even better, you could add in that much requested 'confirm' button for gem purchases

I'm just saying that it is a rip off to spend 24 gems on a pair of shoes for an avatar that doesn't have anything to do with playing the game. I would have been fine with getting something...ANYTHING... that could actually be used in my store....the credit wasn't the point of my post.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by kikboutique View Post
    I'm just saying that it is a rip off to spend 24 gems on a pair of shoes for an avatar that doesn't have anything to do with playing the game. I would have been fine with getting something...ANYTHING... that could actually be used in my store....the credit wasn't the point of my post.
    Many players regard decorating their avatar as one of the main features of the game, I believe.

Executive Chef
    This is exactly why this is the only game I won't buy magic boxes in. You never see your avatar, so it makes it completely pointless in my opinion to have items for it. Now, if your avatar was the cashier, it would be different. I bought one box before I realized a lot of the items were to decorate your avatar, and luckily got an item I could place in my shop that I'm happy with. Needless to say, I've spent my gems on items I definitely want, rather than leaving it up to chance.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast