2 10.00%
  • 14-18

2 10.00%
  • 18 or older

16 80.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New age poll

Executive Chef
    Everyone please stop discussing ages, i know someone that was just banned because of discussing ages

yea well they shouldn't be banned for being an age they thought was ok to be when they installed the game. That's what we are saying. It's not fair to ban a kid for playing a game nicely with no troubles just because lava wants to say their TOS says it. People see the age guidelines when they install a game...IF lava posted a TOS along WITH the download, they'd have less people upset with the way they treat the good kids on these games.

Executive Chef
    Never mind. Not even worth my headspace.
    Last edited by driftboutique; 06-06-11 at 04:39 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Wohooo Way to Go! Good Job sweetCikara. I think you explained it very easy.
    Hi. There is a game called Bakery Story, Its an APP for Ipods and Phones.

Recently a mother was banned for letting her 12 year old daughter play the App on her phone, her account, She had just purchased items for the game.

The Game on Itunes Clearly States ages +4 Nothing stated From Team Lava..

There is no link to Terms of Service.

I contacted TeamLava . They said its against the rules for anyone 14 and younger to play and 14-17 need parental permission. Than i was told this cannot be discussed anymore. No where on the Web page(Main PAGE) or App page does it State the age.No where does it state CLEARLY Age Requirement wich is against COPPA. Itunes App page states +4 theres no link to the TOS or a pop up stating.(Example Below)

"By clicking "Continue" you indicate that you agree to the terms of service and are 14+ years old"

This game is geared towards young childern

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by redbites View Post
    Everyone please stop discussing ages, i know someone that was just banned because of discussing ages
    Did anyone mention their age on post?? NO!!! No idea what you talking about but if you dont like this discusiion theres no need to post her, just move on to a subject you like. Bye

Rhino Keeper
    I really need clean my keyboard, exciuse the typos , should drink and eat at pc

Rhino Keeper
    Dont worry sweetchikra
    driftbotique has been attacking since post has gone up and sending me PM's hatefull ones
    Shes needs to leave post alone and stop attacking everyone, All that will do is start a fight or harrassment wich I will not get involved in. In the mean time im going to ignore any further comments from her. If she doesnt like this forum she canleave it peacfully.
    Thank you everyone who has discussed this touchy subject calmly..

Executive Chef
    TL should link the TOS in the app market, I think we're all in agreement there. But they do give their website in the app description, and their TOS can be found at the provided homepage. This complies with COPPA regulations.

Besides, nobody reads TOS before downloading an app anyway. It's only after they have a problem with the game that they do, if at all. Most just rush to claiming they are going to talk to their lawyers and sue, unaware that they'd only be wasting their lawyer's time.

As far as clearly stating 'you must be over 14 to play this game', well.. that isn't TL's only Term of Service, so why should it be the only one they point out? They'd have to point out ALL Terms, which would end up being that long list of text that you ignore as you scroll down to the 'accept terms' button.

I'm sorry you don't agree, but TL has completely done what is required of them as far as providing Terms of Service. Your "4+ rating" issue really is an issue with the itunes app store, not TL, so go bug them for not reading TL's TOS before rating the app.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by nekonight View Post
    Dont worry sweetchikra
    driftbotique has been attacking since post has gone up and sending me PM's hatefull ones
    Shes needs to leave post alone and stop attacking everyone, All that will do is start a fight or harrassment wich I will not get involved in. In the mean time im going to ignore any further comments from her. If she doesnt like this forum she canleave it peacfully.
    Thank you everyone who has discussed this touchy subject calmly..
    I haven't attacked anyone, including by PM, and as far as PMs, all I have done is reply to the ones you have sent me. I have no problem with this forum, but I do have a problem with you following me around and making up lies to try to smear me, just because I don't support your campaign.

Executive Chef
    How does this forever lasting argument have anything to do with the age poll?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast