2 10.00%
  • 14-18

2 10.00%
  • 18 or older

16 80.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New age poll

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    I think that TL should have a link to the ToS in the FAQ.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael98 View Post
    I think that TL should have a link to the ToS in the FAQ.
    No link on app page.. Can you stop trolling me now, geez

Rhino Keeper
    By clicking "Continue" you indicate that you agree to the terms of service and are 14+ years old Whats so hard about putting that up?

Rhino Keeper
    COPPA RULES

An operator must post a link to a notice of its information practices on the home page of its Web site or online service and at each area where it collects personal information from children. An operator of a general audience site with a separate children's area must post a link to its notice on the home page of the children's area.

The link to the privacy notice must be clear and prominent. Operators may want to use a larger font size or a different color type on a contrasting background to make it stand out. A link in small print at the bottom of the page -- or a link that is indistinguishable from other links on your site -- is not considered clear and prominent.

I know a lot of people under 14 that play, I mean profanity is bad, but not as bad for a 13 year old rather than an 8 year old. I don't think it's that hard for TL to put a filter, but who knows?

Rhino Keeper
    Yes I agree. I have Contacted my lawer and he is looking into this to see if they are following COPPA..
    The Censor really is weak if any at all, and the TOS and Privacy is not clearly stated on App page.

Executive Chef
    As a FYI the TOS and other policies for TeamLava apps can be found on the forum, as well as the homepage of the website (teamlava.com). If players have questions about those, they should be directed to TeamLava Support (support@teamlava.com). It's not really a forum appropriate topic.

Wow...this is in the Team Lava Discussion section. Here we go with the "it's not really a forum appropriate topic." Nothing is appropriate around here! It's lock here, lock there, don't talk about this, don't talk about that. Absolutely ZERO capabilities for freedom of speech for topics many care about for the most part. I see A LOT Of brown noses...waiting for the cult magic box pack to release soon.

https://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_guide.jsp and https://www.coppa.org/

Fact is this: IT IS NOT available for those to SEE first and foremost where the app is downloaded trenae. Nekonight I look forward to seeing what your lawyer says.

And trenae, if you actually read what's being said, you'd realize there IS a clash with what Apple states and what Lava states WITH THE DOWNLOAD itself. THAT's the issue. The good non cussing kids are getting banned for playing a game mommie and daddy thought were meant for ages 4 and up. Observe:

And what's this....a poker game WITH link to terms of service...gee that's smart, isn't it?? NOT misleading at all! Way to go Zynga woo!

Seems to me it's far too easy to NOT confuse the ages on a game. It's called an ESRB. MANY parents and gaming companies respect the ESRB guidelines. I KNOW GroupMagma has said tons of times they and Lava realize there is a complication with the age requirement understandings, but Lava hasn't fixed something that requires a little simple effort. Instead they'd rather us buy Gems so we can get that pretty little fruit basket while kids and their parents are being BANNED for NOT seeing the TOS WHERE IT COUNTS. Simple as that.
    Last edited by SweetChikara; 06-06-11 at 01:28 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetChikara View Post
    Wow...this is in the Team Lava Discussion section. Here we go with the "it's not really a forum appropriate topic." Nothing is appropriate around here! It's lock here, lock there, don't talk about this, don't talk about that. Absolutely ZERO capabilities for freedom of speech for topics many care about for the most part. I see A LOT Of brown noses...waiting for the cult magic box pack to release soon.

https://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_guide.jsp and https://www.coppa.org/

Fact is this: IT IS NOT available for those to SEE first and foremost where the app is downloaded trenae. Nekonight I look forward to seeing what your lawyer says.

And trenae, if you actually read what's being said, you'd realize there IS a clash with what Apple states and what Lava states WITH THE DOWNLOAD itself. THAT's the issue. The good non cussing kids are getting banned for playing a game mommie and daddy thought were meant for ages 4 and up. Observe:

And what's this....a poker game WITH link to terms of service...gee that's smart, isn't it?? NOT misleading at all! Way to go Zynga woo!

Seems to me it's far too easy to NOT confuse the ages on a game. It's called an ESRB. MANY parents and gaming companies respect the ESRB guidelines. I KNOW GroupMagma has said tons of times they and Lava realize there is a complication with the age requirement understandings, but Lava hasn't fixed something that requires a little simple effort. Instead they'd rather us buy Gems so we can get that pretty little fruit basket while kids and their parents are being BANNED for NOT seeing the TOS WHERE IT COUNTS. Simple as that.
    I think you're confused. 4+ is not an ESRB rating. In fact, that rating is provided by Apple, which helps to explain why it doesn't have anything to do with TL's TOS.
    Last edited by driftboutique; 06-06-11 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Added info.

Quote Originally Posted by driftboutique View Post
    I think you're confused. 4+ is not an ESRB rating. In fact, that rating is provided by Apple, which helps to explain why it doesn't have anything to do with TL's TOS.
    No, i'm FAR from confused; merely pointing out that there are TONS of companies who PROVIDE proper age guidelines with NO confusion what so ever like Lava has successfully failed at doing. Get it straight. I'm not oblivious, believe in that.

Point is you do NOT try to convince the world that a game is supposed to be for ages 14 and up when the place you advertise on, a place with TONS of traffic, is stating otherwise. YOU CORRECT THEM. You do what others do and LINK to the real TOS, it's that simple. For goodness sake why are you being so dense about what we are discussing? It's not hard to keep up...

This is geting beyond annoying. Lava screwed up getting the message of age guildelines clearly written where people download the game. It's that simple. They fix it, they have a chance to truly tell people to shut up. That poker game I posted is a GREAT example. Apple has their age suggestion, and Zynga posted TOS RIGHT THERE. PERFECT strategy for NOT getting rules confused upon installation. Topic at hand is BECAUSE apple suggests ages 4 and up and LAVA DOESN'T CORRECT IT, kids ARE playing this game AND being banned for reporting harassment when THEY are being good. WHY punish them for it? omg...people! I'm HAPPY I have plenty of kids tipping me and saying kind things, they set an example for the garbage the "approved" age rage has been spouting off with! There ARE very civil under age 14 kids playing these games, WHY ban them for it? Either get the age thing written properly or stop discriminating others for playing a game they thought they could play UPON INSTALLATION.
    Last edited by SweetChikara; 06-06-11 at 04:00 PM. Reason: people clearly need to read...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast