2 10.00%
  • 18 or older

16 80.00%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New age poll

Executive Chef

New age poll

What age are you? Your name isn't shown to any other users

The idea of this poll came from Nekonight who wanted me to create a new poll that wouldn't display your id when you voted
    Last edited by redbites; 06-05-11 at 08:06 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you redbites...

Executive Chef
    Child privacy laws, still in effect since the previous poll. FYI.

I own my own website and VBulletin Forum. There is a chance this is not anonymous. The Admin can still view every step you take, right down to the IP address. Don't vote if you don't wanna risk getting people banned.

Like I said, there's a chance, and I'm not sure what their coding is on here, but to my understanding, as long as you have an IP address, your linked. Your ID name has it's own identification. It's anonymous to the public, but not to the person who has master controls over everything, sorry. It was a good idea to show exactly how many people under 14 are infact playing, but nothing on the internet is truly private to the one that controls it all.

Executive Chef
    I'm not at risk as i'm over 14 but I don't believe Teamlava will just ban someone for no reason because they are under 14. Anyway i'm sure when GroupMagma returns they will probably lock this thread anyway, but right now i'm hoping they don't

Yea I can see what you mean, I already covered that legality angle in the other thread poll. Fact of the matter is there is an age clash with these games. App store says it's a safe game to play purely on the understandings that there is nothing about it that screams 18 or older. There's no alcohol, drugs, etc. I do think that they should've bended their age requirements to better suit the app store. Too many kids love cutesy games, Bakery Story resembles colorful attributes that of Cooking Mama, Cake Mania, Diner Dash etc. We live in a world where it's more common for those under 14 to have a cellular phone, iPad, iTouch and more. It's near impossible to prevent underage people from doing underage things, especially online, moreso when they have good intentions.

This whole thing is getting out of hand because Lava allowed it to. If there were more control over what is being said on the story game walls, this wouldn't be such a controversial topic. FYI: You can now curse on the walls. Earlier today my friends and I came acrossed the F bomb. So on our own wall we experimented. On RS, F bomb, MF bomb, S word, P word, B word, and more are allowable on walls. I do not know when this came about. I'm not sure if it's temporary, but it's going to support Lava in the 14 age up section. If a parent comes forward saying their kid saw this or that, Lava can say "well, we did say 14 and older and you agreed to that when you installed, so we're sorry, you're not following our rules, bye" lol. -sigh-

Rhino Keeper
    I agree with you Sweetchikra.. I mean really how do they know how old the person is? lol I heard someone clicked 13 and under for a friend...

Rhino Keeper
    bump up, vote

Executive Chef
    What an uproar.

Rhino Keeper
    Yup It is... Everyones tired of the profanity on walls..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast