View Poll Results: What Age Group Are You?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • 13 and younger

1 7.69%
  • 14-17

1 7.69%
  • 18 or older

11 84.62%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Age Poll

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by nekonight View Post
    I know lots of games where the chat is disabled if under 14. The game is rated ages 4 and up with itunes...
    The iTunes rating has nothing to do with anything. You're out of your depth here. Let it go.

Rhino Keeper
    Please dont Troll and try to start a flame thread, Its not the pupose of the dead thread. Good bye

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by nekonight View Post
    Please dont Troll and try to start a flame thread, Its not the pupose of the dead thread. Good bye
    I'm not trolling you. I'm trying to help you understand.

SEC. 1303. REGULATION OF UNFAIR AND DECEPTIVE ACTS AND PRACTICES IN CONNECTION WITH THE COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM AND ABOUT CHILDREN ON THE INTERNET.

(a) ACTS PROHIBITED.?

(1) IN GENERAL.?It is unlawful for an operator of a website or online service directed to children, or any operator that has actual knowledge that it is collecting personal information from a child, to collect personal information from a child in a manner that violates the regulations prescribed under subsection (b).

(2) DISCLOSURE TO PARENT PROTECTED.?Notwithstanding paragraph (1), neither an operator of such a website or online service nor the operator's agent shall be held to be liable under any Federal or State law for any disclosure made in good faith and following reasonable procedures in responding to a request for disclosure of per-sonal information under subsection (b)(1)(B)(iii) to the parent of a child.

So...if that parent that disclosed on their own that they allow their 12 year old child to play their story game every now and again, AND lava chose to ban them, EVEN THOUGH it was purely under good faith to report SOMEONE ELSE for using profane language on their wall, doesn't his mean Lava pretty much messed up banning a Parent under such conditions? Interesting. These Child Privacy acts extend very far, I wouldn't say nothing can be done in regards to US Child Privacy laws. Looks like Lava crosses very thin lines when taking for "word of mouth" who's what age. FACT: Just because someone says they are a certain age, doesn't mean it's true. So for Lava to up and ban a parent for admitting their kid was 12 is wrong. What if the parent lied about their childs age to make the matter more acknowledgable? We'll never know. But that parent does know. So Lava, banning people with NO pure evidence other than "word of mouth" children under age 14 for playing leaves you open for a lawsuit should someone rope you into proving they are in fact over 14 and lied just to see how you discriminately ban children by word of mouth.

Good luck with that.

I wouldn't worry about them banning the user that posted. They cannot PROVE that they are infact underage. All this is too fine to comb. Legalities can be twisted to benefit either party in question; that's why lawyers are good at what they do.
    Last edited by SweetChikara; 06-05-11 at 09:44 PM.

Executive Chef
    If I was banned I would be really sad because i am so far on restaurant story and have spent so much money on this game

I understand entirely. And I'm sure that mom that was banned for reporting harassment while admitting she lets her kid play with her bakery was really sad too. According to her, she stopped playing. She purchased a Wii for her child to play baking games without judgement. And it was cheaper. In Lava's eyes, it doesn't matter how much you spend on Gems, what matters is whether or not you follow the rules. If you don't follow them, they don't care how much you spent. They're in this for the money, not for the popular vote.
    how much do I appreciate others? --> https://www.dearmoofia.com

Executive Chef
    TL is simply out to protect themselves, not to mention these kids, and for good reason. Let me put this into perspective. Granted this example is very rare and not likely to happen within the TL games, that fact remains that it COULD, and that possibility is MORE than enough reason for TL to maintain their position on this.

Myspace sued for not protecting minors

I'll just sum it up (you can find the horrible details in that link) and just say that a 14 year old girl was taken advatage of by a 19 year old adult who she met on Myspace. He faces 20 years in jail, she experienced one of the most traumatic experiences any person could, and myspace is being sued for $30 million.

It's just a horrible situation for everybody involved, and THAT is why TL does not let under 14's play, and 14-18's only with parental supervision.
    Last edited by Mogwai4111; 06-05-11 at 10:19 PM.

yea, but it does still clash with what the App stores suggests, and THAT is what people see FIRST. What APPLE suggest, what DROID suggests. NOT the fine print that is hidden on these forums or TL website. A parent will ALWAYS read the QUICK version of a games stat requirements. Game boxes "Rated E for everyone" and more...frankly Mogwai, I get what you're saying, and I agree, i'm just saying, along with everyone that seems to notice the problem, TL clashes it's age requirement suggestions with higher authority. I'm sorry, if they wanna have it on the app store, perhaps they should ask apple to please fine tune the suggested age range instead of ganging up on parents who just wanna let their kid see how mommy bakes a fake cake. Seriously.

MySpace and Facebook, all those devices are chat related. Not for nothing, if a parent can't pay attention to how their kid uses something, well it's asking for trouble. Sure we can't watch kids' every move, but you cannot compare levels of those designed for hooking up kind of interfaces to Team Lava games that are cutesy lol. There was ONE person named Raging Wolf that had sexual content all over walls with some chick named Sara...he was NEVER banned. But guess what? Lava did ban the one person that consistently went against Raging for his ways: lovebakery. Nice huh? It's ok for a married 38 year old man to harbor a "bakery story wife" for fun? Share his facebook, which is how we all knew his name? and Lava didn't ban HIM? WOW seriously. NOT cool. TL has games for goodness sake. It's not their fault people have been misuing the service as their personal text messaging ping chat hook up box. Fact is this: they FAIL at preventative action when it comes to perusing wall abuse AND obvious minor gameplay. THEY choose not to uphold their games by just giving out bannings here and there. How bout permanent suspensions? Nope....they just like to say here's a 3-5 day break go take a breather and come back, buy some Gems, they're 40% off.

I must reiterate before you misinterpret me: I agree with what you're saying. I just don't think Lava is doing their part to sincerely weed out the offenders. They're banning the wrong people, and that's not cool. Giving us a link from 2006 to peruse for an example won't help me understand why TL hasn't done their job. That's all I'm saying. What we see is what we go by. Parent see's ages 4+, why not let little jenny play her game?

and a poker game....apple adds MUCH more when they SEE fit. JUST like parents. Parents SEE a game is selected for an age group, then they choose. Why punish a parent for following Apple's guidelines?! Why punish them for going with the recommended age range for the device they purchased? You think a busy mom wants to go to the website and hunt for TOS guidelines? Riiiight....cuz even GameStop and other places just go by the ESRB. Why shouldn't parents follow that too? Covers speak for themselves, and I'm sorry....this cover says BS annd RS and all the story games are ages 4 up. Not 14 up.

WOW i just noticed something....see that bottom part saying Legal? Click on it and it brings you to -gasp-Policy and Terms of Agreement! NICE JOB ZYNGA! -claps profusely- Lava shoulda did something like this...perhaps it would've made things more clear.
    Last edited by SweetChikara; 06-05-11 at 11:19 PM. Reason: added images and noticed something lol
    how much do I appreciate others? --> https://www.dearmoofia.com

Rhino Keeper
    Nice Job on Pics.. I Agree Team Lava Need To CLEARLY Put Age Requirments On DOwnload Page Website.. I Never As A mom knew this game was for ages 14 and up... Its Team Lavas Game so why not Put Age limits Very easy to see? All I saw was +4 and up.. And according to Magma I tunes is the one that rated it. Does Team Lava not have control over game? They really need to do something, Increase age limit on App Page very easy to see, Put a pop up making you accept terms and you are 14 and older. I tested this on an App rated Mature, When trying to download it A pop up comes up & has an age verification.. Ok easy Team lava could do that no problem, other apps have it. Btw I deleted the app, this was for testing purposes..

So I see 3 options
    1) Make age Rating requirement on APP page Cleary visable
    2)Increase age requirement
    3)Put in a pop up asking you to agree your over 14 and if not subject to possible ban or however they want to word.. I saw one that popped up and you put in birthdate or says click here if you are 14 and over otherwise you cannot install

Many options.

Rhino Keeper
    Of Course a block option would work nicely
    Or those under 14 not allowed to post chat on walls, or select from a few words they are allowed to post like ID,Thankyou Tipped, Be my neighbor etc
    seen that on games before, kids cant chat all they can post in basic functions for game... pre selected phrases

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast