Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The first ever Mogwai Combat Simulator MOBILE CANNON BATTLE!!

Executive Chef

The first ever Mogwai Combat Simulator MOBILE CANNON BATTLE!!

The Mogwai Combat Simulator is conducting tests on its latest Mobile Cannon prototypes to determine effectiveness on the battlefield. The main portion of these tests will be an all out, anything goes battle until only one MC remains. The superior MC will then be further developed, and eventually mass produced and utilized as the cornerstone of the Mogwai Army.

Welcome to the Mogwai Combat Simulator!

Our 4 Mobile Cannons have taken their positions on the battlefield and are ready to rock, except that they need 4 soldiers to volunteer to command them. Rest assured there will be no physical harm to any of our cannoneers. The Mogwai Combat Simulator looks realistic and the physics are accurate, but cannonball blasts and battlefield damage are completely holographic, merely for aesthetics. Our engineers have double checked to make sure the MCs are in fact loaded with holographic cannonballs and not real ones, so as to avoid another tragic combat simulation like the ***ship Battle of 2009.

If you think it have what it takes to lead one of these Mobile Cannon prototypes to victory, sign up below and choose either the WHITE, RED, BLUE, or LIGHT BROWN MC to command. We will select volunteers on a first come, first served basis, one commander per MC. Note that you do not have to play Restaurant Story to participate, but you will need to check in to this forum once a day during the week. If you can't do that, please save the spot for somebody who can.

OUR COMMANDERS:

WHITE MC- lesleypsg1
    RED MC- trenae
    BLUE MC- sissy8 and hectorloch
    LIGHT BROWN MC- hippoberry

MOBILE CANNON SPECIFICATIONS:

All of our Mobile Cannons have the ability to make up to 5 movements per combat round. Advancing one space, or rotating 90 degrees constitutes a movement. MCs can not move backwards, nor over a space which was previously hit by a cannonball, which will be denoted by a black square, nor over the black lines splitting the battlefield in to 4 areas. They can fire one cannonball any distance and direction at the end of every combat round. Firing a cannonball does not constitute a move. MCs are designed to withstand one direct hit from another cannonball, but after being hit a second time, will be disabled and out of the battle.

COMBAT ROUNDS:

Once we have our 4 commanders, testing will begin. The battle will progress by rounds. Each commander will send me a PM telling me what movements they would like their Mobile Cannon to make, and then where they would like to fire their cannonball. We will use the following grid to denote a cannonball's target:

You must first select an MC to aim at, and then a specific space within that MC's battlefield. An example PM would read like this: "Forward, 90 degrees clockwise, forward, 90 degrees counter clockwise, forward. RED 13" Any illegal movements, such as attempting to move over a space which has previously been hit by a cannonball, will be ignored.

After I have a PM from every commander, I will simulate the round, provide a picture of the updated battlefield to show new MC locations and spaces destroyed by cannonballs, and announce any successful hits (although I will not announce who fired which cannonballs). From the time I provide the update, all commanders will have 24 hours (or my earliest convinience beyond 24 hours) to PM me their next move. If a commander fails to PM me a move, I will move their MC randomly based on a dice roll, but no cannonballs will be fired. The timer will be stopped over the weekend and reset on Monday, 12:00 AM PST.

VICTORY:

When 3 Mobile Cannons have been disabled and 1 remains, it and it's commander will be our champions. As mentioned, the MC will complete development and eventually earn its glory on real battlefields, fighting for the Mogwai Army. It's commander will be honored by the Mogwai Army and add "Winner of the first Mogwai Combat Simulator MOBILE CANNON BATTLE (June 2011)" to their resume (or forum signature).

I will be updating this thread frequently with pictures of the battlefield, but if you'd like a front row seat in the Mogwai Combat Simulator stadium, feel free to add S8 ID: "Mogwai4111", restaurant name "The Twilight Zone".

Happy fighting!
    Last edited by Mogwai4111; 06-20-11 at 07:02 PM.

Farm Supplier
    erm...
    anyone else confused :S

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by DaniBelleDesign View Post
    erm...
    anyone else confused :S
    If I understand correctly, think: four-player Battleship where you have one ship that can move.

Also, Mogwai, your events rock.

Executive Chef
    This is amazing! I'll step back to allow more strategy-minded players to participate, though. (The one time I played Axis and Allies, I invaded Antarctica and the compass rose before being asked to sit quietly in a corner while painting the soldiers with sparkly nail polish.) But great work... I will be watching with great interest

Host(ess)
    White! I think I can check in unless my mom takes my computer again!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ducksloveme View Post
    White! I think I can check in unless my mom takes my computer again!
    Awesome! We won't be too strict with the time deadlines this first time. And even if you do miss a day or two, you'll just go in to auto-pilot, so it should be okay.

Executive Chef
    Wow, what an idea. Very creative. This might be too interesting to pass up. I'll go with Red then.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by trenae View Post
    Wow, what an idea. Very creative. This might be too interesting to pass up. I'll go with Red then.
    You're in. 2 more volunteers and our simulation will begin

Executive Chef
    oke I don't understand this but I"m in, white please

Executive Chef
    White has a commander, you can pick either the Blue or Light Brown Mobile Cannon.

If you have any questions please ask either here or send me a PM. I know its a lot of rules, and might be confusing at first, but I'm sure you guys will pick it up quickly.

Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast