Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Harrassment,Profanity No Block Option

Grand Emperor
    Good idea. I'm not being harassed myself but thought it would be good for people to know what they could do

Host(ess)
    There is no requirement for physical injury. While I'm not completely up to speed on cyber bullying statutes, I will take a look to see what the provisions are. The basis I see is that reporting harassment to customer support does not guarantee a timely resolution to the complaint. The user may continue to be harassed while the complaint is under investigation. If the complaint results in a suspension, that implies that the harasser can return at a later time to continue the treatment.

I realize that TeamLava develops games for entertainment. But people shouldn't be turned away from enjoying a publicly available game because of cyber bullying. Adding a blocking feature seems to be a simple way to manage the issue in an expedient fashion. Some or many of you don't agree that a lawsuit is appropriate. That's fine.

From a risk management perspective, I have to wonder what TeamLava's lawyers think about the potential cost of a lawsuit (with the accompanying publicity) versus adding additional features to the software.

Fashion Designer
    I think there should be one button on every message someone sends, maybe under the delete, but 1 button on a message could actually save peoples life..suicidal people! That are offended and hurt emotionally on something that someone on the other side of the world might not know about! There could be a skinny 20 year old model ur talking too and u offend her..she might have a wealthy life in front of her, but after you offend her, she quits modeling and might end up working in the shops for $20 an hour! It could be under the cross to delete the button and if you could click a red circle button or something and that person is reported and blocked(or just blocked) TL had to think about it! Cyber-bullying is actually deadly..

New Resident

Vulgar post and how did they block me?

I would like to know where to send the post on my wall of these people using vulgarity and racist slurs along with threats! Also how did they block me in a matter of seconds! I have young children as neighbors and I for sure do not want them exposed to that!

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by imamoron View Post
    I would like to know where to send the post on my wall of these people using vulgarity and racist slurs along with threats! Also how did they block me in a matter of seconds! I have young children as neighbors and I for sure do not want them exposed to that!
    They didn't block you. It's a glitch. There's no option to block.

Executive Chef
    I clicked on the link to sign the petition but only saw five petitions to sign but not the one for the block button.

I cant believe TL would ban someone for telling the person spamming her wall with rude words to leave her alone yet let's the one posting the bad words off Scott free. Shame on TL.

Guess if I'm ever unlucky enough to get continuously spammed, I may as well not waste my time reporting them.

I vote yes for a block button. I can't sign the petition though since it didn't pop up when I clicked the link.

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by imamoron View Post
    There is not a block button. If you received this message, it means you went offline in the game. Hit home then you should be able to post.

You will need to take screenshots of your wall, and send an email to support@teamlava.com Give them your storm ID, your game name, and the storm ID of the offender if you know it, and their game name.
    Once you get the screenshots, you can delete the message.
    I also would strongly advise you NOT to post back on their walls at all.
    Support may take a few days to get back to you with the weekend coming up.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Fashion Designer
    Interesting how this subject has come up again recently ... Must be Spring Fever? I posted this in another thread and hope it can help here, too.

I agree that a block button would be great. I mean, all social networking apps have it. I think the logistics of it may be difficult for tl to develop. But that can all be irrelevant if you follow a few basic rules.

I've been actively playing BS and RS for almost a year. There have been some abusive juvenile posts on my wall.

Basically, in most cases (granted, not all) if you have someone harassing you continuously, it might be because you responded inappropriately or in a way to encourage them to continue, leaving both parties at fault. Other times it can be because of an invite not accepted/received.

Here are some tips to keep the game a happy place:

1. Delete the post as soon as you see it
    2. Do not post back anything, no matter what
    3. Do not post anything on your wall about it, no matter what
    4. Do not post about it on anyone else's walls, no matter what
    5. If you share common neighbors, do not post anything on their walls either

This has been a very successful technique, passive and effective.

Seriously, when these idiots run around looking for trouble, and yes, they are trying to piss you off, they'll say stuff to push your buttons. HOWEVER ... If they don't receive any response or reaction, eventually they'll just get bored and leave you alone.

If theyre really hunting you down, and if they have your storm8 ID, it might be easier to ask TL to change it. (not 100% sure about that but I think I've seen that posted in the past) - DaojinWildfire, can you confirm that this is an option?

Fashion Designer
    Outside my iPad trying to keep the peeps who live inside happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by nekonight View Post
    Ok .. im tired of my wall getting spammed with harrassment and profanity. They even go to point of posting about me on other peoples walls even my neighbors wall. They get their friends involved too... Yes I been sending in reports photos. But nothing is being done.. Why? Its been weeks of abuse. Do I need to post the names here.. Sigh
    Sign the Petition Below started by a loyal Bakery Story Player
    https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/lavagameblock/
    Wow. idk why ppl do stuff like that

Fashion Designer
    Outside my iPad trying to keep the peeps who live inside happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superyalda View Post
    Interesting how this subject has come up again recently ... Must be Spring Fever? I posted this in another thread and hope it can help here, too.

I agree that a block button would be great. I mean, all social networking apps have it. I think the logistics of it may be difficult for tl to develop. But that can all be irrelevant if you follow a few basic rules.

I've been actively playing BS and RS for almost a year. There have been some abusive juvenile posts on my wall.

Basically, in most cases (granted, not all) if you have someone harassing you continuously, it might be because you responded inappropriately or in a way to encourage them to continue, leaving both parties at fault. Other times it can be because of an invite not accepted/received.

Here are some tips to keep the game a happy place:

1. Delete the post as soon as you see it
    2. Do not post back anything, no matter what
    3. Do not post anything on your wall about it, no matter what
    4. Do not post about it on anyone else's walls, no matter what
    5. If you share common neighbors, do not post anything on their walls either

This has been a very successful technique, passive and effective.

Seriously, when these idiots run around looking for trouble, and yes, they are trying to piss you off, they'll say stuff to push your buttons. HOWEVER ... If they don't receive any response or reaction, eventually they'll just get bored and leave you alone.

If theyre really hunting you down, and if they have your storm8 ID, it might be easier to ask TL to change it. (not 100% sure about that but I think I've seen that posted in the past) - DaojinWildfire, can you confirm that this is an option?

Well can you infest their place with rats? I have only declined a couple of invites and it was because of being snotty when they asked me to add. lol. I can't believe a person would take the time to harass a player because they declined an invite. Just makes me wonder about society as a whole. People are mean and these games can be an escape why make your play world a place of fear and being mean too?