Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrassment,Profanity No Block Option

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by bawpotter View Post
    I think that you should definitely put screenshots in the support emails, but never post profanity on the forums. Also, don't post the response on the forums.
    good point on reminding not to post support emails!!!
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Fashion Designer
    When reporting a harassing and/or vulgar user, you have to send a screenshot of the offending post, as well as the Storm8 ID of either the offender or the recipient of these comments. Without Storm8 ID of either one, makes it difficult for support to investigate.

Fashion Designer
    None of this will matter if a BLOCK feature is implemented.

The BLOCK feature would simply prevent users from posting on your wall.

I dont think the BLOCK button should be in the wall of the person requesting the block. It would be too easy to make a mistake. Instead, when you tap the VISIT button and you go to that persons restaurant, a block button will be available on their wall or maybe in the upper right corner of their restaurant.

I've had problems with visitors who ask me to add them and I don't. They constantly visit my wall, sometimes pleading forgiveness, other times cursing me. It definitely takes away from the game.

Host(ess)
    I'm surprised that there is no block feature. It only makes sense considering that the developers designed the game with social sharing features. Asking users to contact support when there is a problem doesn't make sense either. Users should have enough control over their accounts to prevent harassment at the very least. I'm disappointed that TeamLava has not provided the tools to do this. I would go a step further and suggest that TeamLava has left itself vulnerable to an open ended civil liability. I'm surprised no one has filed a class action lawsuit against them. Of course, that could happen at any time.

Grand Emperor
    A class action lawsuit because of no block option on a social game that you choose to play? That's taking it a bit far I think.

Host(ess)
    You may think so, but our legal system is not always rational in the conventional sense. Think about the McDonald's lawsuit in which a customer sued after being burned by their coffee. In finding for the plaintiff, it was noted that McDonald's had received numerous complaints about the coffee being too hot. McDonald's took no action. The rest is history.

You must also remember that the rules are different for civil trials (as opposed to criminal).

Grand Emperor
    The plaintiff in that action suffered physical injury. Spam or profanity on the wall of a game you choose to play has no comparison to 2nd degree burns on your thighs.

Teamlava does take action by suspending those players proven to be harassing.

Fashion Designer
    State of New Jersey! The armpit of America!
    So basically, don't take it on yourself by responding to the offender, take screenshots of the offense, email them to support with your storm8 id. Repeat if necessary.

Grand Emperor
    I play farm story on Android and cannot take screenshots. What should people do if they are in that position?

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    I play farm story on Android and cannot take screenshots. What should people do if they are in that position?
    You can try using a digital camera to take a picture of your wall. Upload to computer . Then attach to your email.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast