Thread: Losing Clothes When Redesigning

Unhappy Losing Clothes When Redesigning

Hello, all you people from Fashion Story! I had a problem when I was rearranging my boutique. I put all my racks and tables in storage so I could just start over and place them where I wished, and then when I was done I exited "design." But then when I looked at what I did, all of the clothing on the racks was gone!!! And I had a lot of clothes... So I would really like it if you guys could fix it so when you put things in storage, the clothes are kept. Thank you all so much for your time and cooperation!

Rhino Keeper
    If you think about it, when you store racks away into a storage room, you don't store the clothes in there too.
    These are nice clothes and not things for donation so you can't just store clothes in a room like that. So you have to get rid of them. In this case, throwing it all away since you couldn't sell them all. And if you decided to put them outside because you don't have a storage room, then some guy just stole all your clothes.
    And virtually speaking, if you put your rack into a little box, clothes won't fit into that little box of pixels. It won't remember that you have clothes in there, therefore deleting it.
    So, this will never get implemented as it does not work with any of the stories. You just have to wait till you sell all your stuff, or keep shifting them over as you redesign.
    Ragamuffin.

Farm Supplier
    Guess you could also look at it this way, stores keep extra shoes and clothes in stock (especially shoes) so I could see why someone might think that the clothes would still be there when trying to rearrange the store. I know it isn't the case with TL games, however, maybe for this game since it is clothing/shoes they could call it STOCK and allow that function

But at least it should be in the help area. I wouldn't have done that if I knew it would disappear! I understand what ur saying, but they have to let us innocent, ignorant players know that.

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyduck10 View Post
    But at least it should be in the help area. I wouldn't have done that if I knew it would disappear! I understand what ur saying, but they have to let us innocent, ignorant players know that.
    Yes, that might help. But at least you know now.

Rhino Keeper
    I would like to see the clothes go back into the catelog like our daily gifts do when a rack or table is stored. Or, maybe if we have a table with the same item on it they are transferred to that table, like in Nightclub. Another option would be have a pop up box that says there are items on that rack/table are you sure you want to store the table, this way it warns you will lose the items on the table. Could that be done for the next update??? I would like to move things from one rack and combine them onto another rack sometimes too or split them between several racks for design purposes. Just food for thought.

It happened to me as well. You should consider the stock as good as gone.

Rhino Keeper
    It is not impossible to implement, but it is improbable and counterproductive.

Imagine it from the developer point of view. There would be much code that would go into saving this kind of data, and a large list of questions that may or may not give the desired results. It would also take up way too much memory.

For example, you have 10 full racks and you move all of them into storage. Say you move 5 back out into your shop. What's to say which 5 types of clothes are kept on the racks? Say you keep the remaining 5 racks in storage. The information on the "saved clothes" need a place to store.

Of course, one argument is that TL should have it so the clothes go back into the clothes warehouse. But wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose of orders expiring? Making these changes would also break certain game mechanics so that the game wouldn't be played as TL originally intended.

In all the fashion/restaurant type games I've played (mostly on Facebook), no game has ever been able to retain the product on the shelf once the shelf is placed in storage. I don't see TL being the first to change that. But most importantly, it would break some program codes and game mechanics.

The same applies to Restaurant and Bakery. Say you have food on your stove and counter, and move those into storage. Then there'll need a place to store the data of how many stews you have, or now much cooking time is left on your chicken salad.

Also, it creates a paradox of it being unrealistic. In the real world, when you have food on your stove still cooking, and you move the stove into storage, your food will not finish cooking, and you'll need to throw it away. You don't store half-cooked food into a warehouse, do you?

Host(ess)
    I had the very same problem and was very disappointed!!!!

The Honorable Panda
    If you block you door for a period of time while making clothes, sometimes when you open you will have a quick sale. Blocking the door is not part of the design of the game, it is a work around that some ppl found in the game.

This is an old thread so I will close, but feel free to start a new thread on this issue or you can join https://forums.teamlava.com/showthrea...thes+disappear
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request