Thread: No animal feed / level quest for leaderboard event?!

No animal feed / level quest for leaderboard event?!

There is no ?Plenty of Time? quest associated with the current leaderboard event. Usually when you reach the milestone for getting the first animal reward, you can then get leaderboard points for feeding and leveling that animal. That quest is not appearing for me. It?s extremely difficult to reach the different milestones for rewards without that sub quest, since it provides a substantial number of points.

Without the Plenty of Time animal quest, imo there?s no point in even participating in the event since the milestones for things like the special habitat at are too difficult to reach. I usually spend money to buy gems so I can breed and evolve animals faster, so I can reach the milestone for the habitat, but it will cost way too many gems to get to 4.5k points without the extra hundreds of points from ?Plenty of Time?. Is this a bug or an intentional omission of that type of quest this time? It?s really frustrating.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Thank you for your concern. The "Plenty of Time" quest chain has been discontinued for now due to an issue that impacts long-term players of the game.

Matching into a Leaderboard can take up to one minute when you log into the game. However, quests that accept retroactive progress complete instantly. The result is that players who already have the required animal on their game board can "receive" the Leaderboard Points rewards before they are matched into a Leaderboard. This means those Points won't be properly applied to their Leaderboard score.Unfortunately, there's no way to make the quest delay granting the prize until players are matched.

However, the event is still tuned properly and can be completed.

We will take the feedback under advisement that players want more ways to earn Leaderboard Points and look for creative solutions. At this time, we're not able to use the former quests. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Fashion Designer
    Thank you for the update, Elsa. Yes, I hope the team can indeed find creative ways for us to earn more points. It is very difficult to earn enough points to get to the fnal prize the way it is now. In Dragon Story, we also get points for harvesting crops. That would at least be something. A really awesome idea would be to release a new animal with the leaderboard that no one has yet sol that all players would start on an even playing field, and then we could grow that animal to level 12. I know that no new animals have been released in years, but one animal per month or every 2 weeks might be doable..............?
    Disagreements are a normal part of the human experience and can be handled respectfully. Don't think I don't see.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    Thank you for your concern. The "Plenty of Time" quest chain has been discontinued for now due to an issue that impacts long-term players of the game.

Matching into a Leaderboard can take up to one minute when you log into the game. However, quests that accept retroactive progress complete instantly. The result is that players who already have the required animal on their game board can "receive" the Leaderboard Points rewards before they are matched into a Leaderboard. This means those Points won't be properly applied to their Leaderboard score.Unfortunately, there's no way to make the quest delay granting the prize until players are matched.

However, the event is still tuned properly and can be completed.

We will take the feedback under advisement that players want more ways to earn Leaderboard Points and look for creative solutions. At this time, we're not able to use the former quests. We apologize for any inconvenience.
    Could that not be resolved by adding a requirement/step that milestone animal ?x? must be hatched? I was just thinking about goals in other story games using ?build? vs ?have? to differentiate requirements. I apologize in advance if I wasn?t supposed to reply to this thread.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sewknitty View Post
    Could that not be resolved by adding a requirement/step that milestone animal ?x? must be hatched? I was just thinking about goals in other story games using ?build? vs ?have? to differentiate requirements. I apologize in advance if I wasn?t supposed to reply to this thread.
    It's retroactive so it identifies if you hatch it or if you already have it. The reason for this is if the goal asks you to level it to 5, but you feed it a little bit more then it's technically over level 5 and might not complete the quest properly. So, it has to be retroactive.

However, we'll take this under consideration and see if there's a creative solution. Thank you for your effort and love for the game.

Farm Supplier
    It seems like this is Storm8s way of making us players spend more gems to get to the end of the milestones but players will do the opposite.