Now that the goal is over I thought I'd give my opinions and feedback....
- Drink recipes are always great and the punch was my favorite on the counter
- Bonus recipe was cute as a button!
- The wall deco and the counter were adorable
- Floor tile was both original and makes a cohesive pattern when placed which is a huge plus
- They tried to go outside of the holiday box. This wasn't just a standard 'Red + Green + Santa = Christmas' which is an idea that has potential...
- Parts all having the same name!
- Not only is it confusing and unimaginative but the names don't fit in the boxes of our inventory. This naming issue makes it difficult to navigate the parts easily. Especially for anyone that has any level of visual issues.- Tables and Chairs:
- The actual pattern on the tables and chairs might've been cute but the folding table/chair design was off-putting. Would anyone actually want to frequent an establishment that used those? Maybe if this was for a home design game they could work but for a game that's meant to represent a business they just don't fit.-Recipes displays were mostly on flat trays.
- Said trays didn't match so the recipes all seem to be random and not connected in any way. I think most prefer it when all the recipes are part of a clearly defined set with a common theme/display.- The decos seemed to be a bit too juvenile and generic.
- I understand holidays being about family which involves children but it would've been nice to have something that didn't look like a preschool holiday party. Which, unfortunately, was the overall vibe of the goal for me.
- It was cute but nothing I'd want to spend the time hunting through my inventory for next year. We already have a twister-type deco so the final prize was a huge let down in that it wasn't even an original piece. And the 'holiday' part of the decos seemed to be slapping reindeer headbands on one person per deco which seems like they just repurposed a random deco to fit the theme. Disappointing to say the least.
- There are SO MANY different countries that celebrate this holiday that the list of possible deco ideas is nearly endless. Not only would players get unique pieces but it would be a great way to put the spotlight on different cultures, spread the knowledge of their customs and get others interested in said cultures!
I think that covers the main points for now. I don't want to seem ungrateful, I absolutely appreciate the new goal and understand how much work goes into them. That said, if you're going to try and pass something off as a holiday event, it should feel a bit more intentional, I think. This just didn't feel like they sat down and planned out every aspect or created each element specifically for this exact goal. Rather, it felt like they went through a folder of finished items and bundled together items and forced them to fit the theme.
I love this game but I have to say this was a let down and I really hope we see better before the year is out.