Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rollbacks during storybook and events

Farm Supplier
    It?s helped me to put away some (a lot) of the characters that continually wiggle and move.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by rembetiko View Post
    Rollbacks occur mainly when the load on the server is very high (many players active at the same time). They can also occur if the connection between the local device (your tablet or smartphone or computer) and server is unexpectedly interrupted while playing (e.g. weak network connection).

They are not caused by the device, they occur server-side. Their job is to maintain a consistent state in the database if something unexpectedly happened and the database update could not complete.
    This is correct. Data packets are sent and there's an authentication process, server side. If the data doesn't complete then it will cause that rollback we all experience. The only way this gets cured is by increasing storage and processing ability on the server side. That costs ALOT of money and expensive commitments to cloud services like AWS.

There is also the possibility of a localized issue with WiFi in your house for example if you're using a lower performing connection/equipment, issued by your internet provider. If you upgrade your internet speed and/or get a better base station to push a stronger WiFi signal that can make a huge difference.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBlue305 View Post
    This is correct. Data packets are sent and there's an authentication process, server side. If the data doesn't complete then it will cause that rollback we all experience. The only way this gets cured is by increasing storage and processing ability on the server side. That costs ALOT of money and expensive commitments to cloud services like AWS.

There is also the possibility of a localized issue with WiFi in your house for example if you're using a lower performing connection/equipment, issued by your internet provider. If you upgrade your internet speed and/or get a better base station to push a stronger WiFi signal that can make a huge difference.
    I am continually frustrated with my internet connection. I always buy the most I can and always seem to have issues. I boosted the speed a few months ago and have not noticed a change. I have the Verizon 5G. Is there anything you can recommend to improve my internet connection?

Sorry if this is too far off topic but it's been driving me nuts and making me angry since I was first able to get the internet back with Windows 3.1 or the one that came before.

Super unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by rembetiko View Post
    Rollbacks occur mainly when the load on the server is very high (many players active at the same time). They can also occur if the connection between the local device (your tablet or smartphone or computer) and server is unexpectedly interrupted while playing (e.g. weak network connection).

They are not caused by the device, they occur server-side. Their job is to maintain a consistent state in the database if something unexpectedly happened and the database update could not complete.
    I waited 8 hours for the temple is be ready, I clicked on it, it gave me one oil lamp, then rolled back, and gave me nothing. This is quite maddening. At least the game should be consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    Anyone has bought the Monkey Warrior Roleplayer?
    Would purchasing the Monkey Warrior Roleplayers now affect the number of Hanuman Roleplayers we would receive when the time comes? I seem to remember a previous Storybook event where such an issue occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by Galadraal View Post
    <Snip...>Sorry if this is too far off topic but it's been driving me nuts and making me angry since I was first able to get the internet back with Windows 3.1 or the one that came before.
    There is always this possibility when you're playing at home. However, I consistently experience rollbacks even when I play at the office where the WiFi equipment is enterprise-class, and the internet connection allows us to download multiple files (10GB or more in size) in less time than it takes to make a cup of coffee; our SLA with the ISP is an uptime of 99.99%.

My conclusion? The rollbacks have nothing to do with my device or my internet connection.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    My conclusion? The rollbacks have nothing to do with my device or my internet connection.
    I agree with you.
    Rollbacks usually happen to me during the first minute after I log back in the game. Very rarely afterwards.
    Therefore, when I know I want to collect something of value in the game that I don't want to lose due to an unfortunate rollback, I don't collect anything during the first minute when I log in, rollback almost completely disappeared for me with this way of playing.
    Moreover, during this kind of storybook events, I also force close the game before the start of the new chapter, and also wait for a full minute before doing anything after I log back in.
    That's my way around fighting rollbacks... seems to be working for me
    Kingdom Name : Alain-land 🗿
    Storm ID : xiq24

Quote Originally Posted by xiq24 View Post
    I agree with you.
    Rollbacks usually happen to me during the first minute after I log back in the game. Very rarely afterwards.
    Therefore, when I know I want to collect something of value in the game that I don't want to lose due to an unfortunate rollback, I don't collect anything during the first minute when I log in, rollback almost completely disappeared for me with this way of playing.
    Moreover, during this kind of storybook events, I also force close the game before the start of the new chapter, and also wait for a full minute before doing anything after I log back in.
    That's my way around fighting rollbacks... seems to be working for me
    I've tried that, too. Force-quit the game and restarted it for Chapter Four today. Waited a few minutes before starting the first goal of doing a Celebration Dance. I ensured the dance was properly running before I started visiting Farm Houses for the Dark King. I went through 14 Farm Houses and defeated 4 Dark Kings, and when I blinked, the game rolled back, and I had to revisit the 14 Farm Houses, and this time? The Farm Houses only spawned 2 Dark Kings.

No! The rollbacks are not caused by our devices, internet connections, or the time we allow the game to "settle down and be stabilized."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12