Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Goal: Kitchen Master - October 27th, 2023 (5 Days)

5 day goals are still very profitable and easier to do if you've already previously built the appliance required for it. This week even better no build needed.

Don't do main 14 Day goals though, lose too much money and parts required are way too much.

Side goals I still do too, like prizes and can use regular oven/stove/grill

Rhino Keeper
    Part 3
    8 berry pies oven 2 hrs
    9 candy corn cupcakes oven 4hrs
    10 silly jack o lantern pies food lab oven 3 hrsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1448.jpg 
Views:	945 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	71462

Executive Chef
    Once they're actually seated bots in Restaurant Story take longer to eat than bots in Bakery Story. It does help to have less steps to table and more doors, but if this alone was changed or fixed we could all get rid of food faster in my opinion 😔

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinklessweettreats View Post
    Part 3
    8 berry pies oven 2 hrs
    9 candy corn cupcakes oven 4hrs
    10 silly jack o lantern pies food lab oven 3 hrs

Thanks so much for posting, no long recipe needed on this step 👍😁

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by pcabral03 View Post
    Thanks so much for posting, no long recipe needed on this step 👍😁
    Yeah no problem

Quote Originally Posted by karengar View Post
    Profitability? I?m super curious about this since I have massive amounts of food in my restaurant and the coins collected hardly moves. I stopped playing for a couple of months thinking that I would at least clear out some of the food I have and see my coins increase but that most certainly didn?t happen. I?ll post the total amount of dishes I have to serve but it?s going to take awhile since there are so many. FYI I have many tables and four doors so it?s definitely not customer flow.
    Hi. The main way to make sure your coin moves is to put the hostess table right next to the door, and then 25 - 30 tables and chairs right next to it, as well. This way, they don't have to walk far to eat (make sure to cordone off the dining area). They walk in, immediately sit down, eat, and leave.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20231029-060242_Restaurant Story.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	151.6 KB 
ID:	71463

Anyone have the 4th goal?

Quote Originally Posted by karengar View Post
    Profitability? I?m super curious about this since I have massive amounts of food in my restaurant and the coins collected hardly moves. I stopped playing for a couple of months thinking that I would at least clear out some of the food I have and see my coins increase but that most certainly didn?t happen. I?ll post the total amount of dishes I have to serve but it?s going to take awhile since there are so many. FYI I have many tables and four doors so it?s definitely not customer flow.
    So from my experience and understanding if you don't log into the game every day your customer flow seems to slow down. I've got friends who haven't played in over a decade and they still have plates of food that haven't been eaten. I highly doubt they made that much food to last 10 years. I've gone over it before, but a lot of the new foods are designed to stagnate your gold. The prep cost is a majority of the profit, so you end up paying most of your return up front to prepare it, and if you accidentally let it burn, you have to cook the same dish 3 times to even make back the cost of the prep, and that's still with no profit the entire time.

(Spooky Jack O Lantern Pie)
    1 Hour cook time
    940 Prep cost
    350 Servings
    1,400 Profit.

Reviewing this dish and with a little math (1,400 profit Minus 940 prep) you find that you'll only make a profit of 460 coins. This is only after you sell all 350 dishes. The more you make the even more this problem compounds upon itself.

Look at literally any of the new event dishes it's always the same story, 1 hour, 960 prep, 350 servings, 1,400 profit. Meanwhile if we look on the Lab stove we're using from this event we can see an old dish

(Polar Powder Puffs)
    1 hour cook time
    260 cost
    200 servings
    800 coins profit.

If you just compare the two, obviously the newer dish makes more right? 1,400 coins Total profit? that's higher than 800 coins!

No actually because you have to include prep costs. With this in mind the new dish you served (Jack O Pie) only made a profit of 460. Meanwhile the old dish (Polar Powder Puffs) makes 540 after you subtract the prep cost from the initial 800 profit. That's a larger profit and with only 200 dishes to sell, you'll earn those coins in close to half the time. It gets even worse if you farm the new dishes to 4 mastery.

Attached Below is a copy of my personal Google docs where i keep and record the dishes available to me personally. Feel free to use this as a reference to glance over, or make a copy to use for yourself. I'm sorry that there might be some personal data on this, like my favourite dishes. But it should be helpful enough. If you save a copy you can sort the different rows by (A -> Z) or (Z ->A) to compare profits, dishes, hours, or whatever you might need. Anyone here can feel free to use this for their own benefit. This copy will however, not be updated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashleexry View Post
    Hi. The main way to make sure your coin moves is to put the hostess table right next to the door, and then 25 - 30 tables and chairs right next to it, as well. This way, they don't have to walk far to eat (make sure to cordone off the dining area). They walk in, immediately sit down, eat, and leave.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20231029-060242_Restaurant Story.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	151.6 KB 
ID:	71463
    Quote Originally Posted by colorlessmonster View Post
    So from my experience and understanding if you don't log into the game every day your customer flow seems to slow down. I've got friends who haven't played in over a decade and they still have plates of food that haven't been eaten. I highly doubt they made that much food to last 10 years. I've gone over it before, but a lot of the new foods are designed to stagnate your gold. The prep cost is a majority of the profit, so you end up paying most of your return up front to prepare it, and if you accidentally let it burn, you have to cook the same dish 3 times to even make back the cost of the prep, and that's still with no profit the entire time.

(Spooky Jack O Lantern Pie)
    1 Hour cook time
    940 Prep cost
    350 Servings
    1,400 Profit.

Reviewing this dish and with a little math (1,400 profit Minus 940 prep) you find that you'll only make a profit of 460 coins. This is only after you sell all 350 dishes. The more you make the even more this problem compounds upon itself.

Look at literally any of the new event dishes it's always the same story, 1 hour, 960 prep, 350 servings, 1,400 profit. Meanwhile if we look on the Lab stove we're using from this event we can see an old dish

(Polar Powder Puffs)
    1 hour cook time
    260 cost
    200 servings
    800 coins profit.

If you just compare the two, obviously the newer dish makes more right? 1,400 coins Total profit? that's higher than 800 coins!

No actually because you have to include prep costs. With this in mind the new dish you served (Jack O Pie) only made a profit of 460. Meanwhile the old dish (Polar Powder Puffs) makes 540 after you subtract the prep cost from the initial 800 profit. That's a larger profit and with only 200 dishes to sell, you'll earn those coins in close to half the time. It gets even worse if you farm the new dishes to 4 mastery.

Attached Below is a copy of my personal Google docs where i keep and record the dishes available to me personally. Feel free to use this as a reference to glance over, or make a copy to use for yourself. I'm sorry that there might be some personal data on this, like my favourite dishes. But it should be helpful enough. If you save a copy you can sort the different rows by (A -> Z) or (Z ->A) to compare profits, dishes, hours, or whatever you might need. Anyone here can feel free to use this for their own benefit. This copy will however, not be updated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    I just wanted to add onto all of these incredibly informative comments as well - from what I've noticed, multiples of the same recipe stacked onto one counter slows down the speed of servings decreasing.

e.g. if you made 10 brownies (which are 110 servings each), the 1,100 brownies on 10 different counters would disappear faster than 1,100 brownies on one counter.

Hope that helps in some way!
    Last edited by gillypuns; 10-29-23 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gillypuns View Post
    I just wanted to add onto all of these incredibly informative comments as well - from what I've noticed, multiples of the same recipe stacked onto one counter slows down the speed of servings decreasing.

e.g. if you made 10 brownies (which are 110 servings each), the 1,100 brownies on 10 different counters would disappear faster than 1,100 brownies on one counter.

Hope that helps in some way!
    Oh this is something I was not aware of, my OCD always had me putting them all on one counter, Thank you so much. I'll adjust to match. Also I massively edited my last post to make it significantly easier to digest.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast