Moderator (volunteer) judyandthecat's Avatar

Going For Bullseye - Pool Party Unicorn - August 2023

New prizes for August.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7618.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	70228

Win 5 grand prizes and you will be rewarded with a Pool Unicorn.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7621.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	70230
    Volunteer Moderator. Here to answer questions!
    I am a Farmer and a Player just like you!
    Need Technical Help With Your Game?
    Contact Storm8!

Storm8 Support Form: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Am I the only one who doesn't spend into these treehouse events now but did many a times in the past?

I've noticed most of these treehouse prizes are sometimes re offered in the market for direct purchase not even a month later and the cost is usually cheaper by a noticeable amount?

I mean darts are sometimes free to get, and we're starting to get more opportunities to get them again. (7 day leaderboard mainly) but I mean for the longest time you'd only be able to get them from the 14 day leaderboards or sometimes as a prize in a completion of goals. Which would maybe only happen twice a month up at most until very recent. So give or take 10 darts a month at most. And good luck getting that 1 grand prize with only 10 darts.

So if you'd wanted more than one prize from a treehouse event, you'd most likely have to buy darts. Or save up for a loooong time. Which cost at a minimum 7-130 gems I believe if you get them on sale towards the end of the month. To be quite honest, I no longer deem these treehouse events worth it because there's a decent likelihood it's going to get offered a month or so later and be cheaper to get.

I have no issues with that, I am a broke younger adult, so a cheaper cost is more than welcomed. However, Storm8 seriously cannot expect people to not draw comparisons and for some not just to wait for it to be offered again and get it when it's cheaper not even a few months later.

One thing I don't get though is why, what's the gain for them or even us as players? There's a backlog of decorations and pets that literally have not seen the light of day in years to either offer in the sale or treehouse to have difference between both.

The game has got quite repetitive. Same prizes get offered and then offered again sometimes not even a month or 2 later. Where's the variety or freshness with that?

Also by that point you'd assume or at least I would, that most IOS players would already have that prize after it gets offered that first time, right? So what's the incentive to offer it again not long after that.

I know one could mention the fact Android players don't get the treehouse events like IOS does, but maybe that could be addressed or changed without the need to keep offering something again and again.

That wasn't really a critique to the lower cost, I wholeheartedly welcome it and I'm sure others do too. But a critique to offering things again and again and not giving enough time between both offers of that same thing. I wouldn't even mind a 6 month later re offer of something, but not even 2 months later between a repeated offer? It's getting stale to put it bluntly.

Yeah, I’d agree. While it’s nice to see prizes return, I have all of these prizes already so there’s no real motivation to use my darts instead of to get the Pool Unicorn which uses up way too many darts. I haven’t tried going for the exclusive pet in years ever since they increased the requirements to 5 grand prizes instead of 3.

I think I would be more motivated to get the prize or even spend gems if it was easier to get darts, like perhaps through a crafting recipe, worker, or a boost we can buy to collect darts everyday like how the county fair boosts work. Possibilities are endless and would add some new freshness into the game since we haven’t had an update in a while.
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Need forum help or have a game question? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Click to contact Storm8 Support