Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dragon Tales 6/27/23: New Heroes

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by northernlight412 View Post
    Hey, you got your diamond way before I got mine. It took me until level 121 when I bred one using Firemane and Mermaid playing the Halloween version of the game (that version of DS had the island at night and replaced a few decorations with Halloween themed things. I wish they would bring that back). Firemane and Mermaid are forever blessed dragons on my island for giving me that 43:59:59 on the clock. I hear you on the Neo Trash Dragon. I kept breeding that and a bunch of purple/blue hybrids when DS refused to give me black dragons for 4 months back in 2016. By the way, congratulations on the Rainbow Dragon.

It took me a looong time for first diamond but do not remember level at the time. But do remember dragons....dapper and chandelier! Now thats a combo!

Rhino Keeper
    I would like to make a suggestion to maybe include in the tales instructions that you spend so much time creating to help us.

With DS often kicking players out, giving purple dragons and just resyncing at odd times i would suggest crafting the 1st superb story as you instruct as overnight after chapter 8 but not collecting until called for in chapter 9 and then craft the 2nd superb story after the 1st gets credited in chapter 9. I do this myself just in case i get kicked out, purple dragoned etc and the one intended for chapter 9 is not recognized. You still would have the parts for the 2nd one to try again and not need scramble had you crafted that one earlier.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Rfs0404 View Post
    I would like to make a suggestion to maybe include in the tales instructions that you spend so much time creating to help us.

With DS often kicking players out, giving purple dragons and just resyncing at odd times i would suggest crafting the 1st superb story as you instruct as overnight after chapter 8 but not collecting until called for in chapter 9 and then craft the 2nd superb story after the 1st gets credited in chapter 9. I do this myself just in case i get kicked out, purple dragoned etc and the one intended for chapter 9 is not recognized. You still would have the parts for the 2nd one to try again and not need scramble had you crafted that one earlier.
    I like this and I'll adjust the next Dragon Tales thread accordingly.

Fashion Designer
    Well, they are retiring a ton of dragons, but I'm not happy about all of it. Not having any common gemstones will make the bingo task of raising a gemstone dragon to level 6 pretty darn hard. Also, I just like the looks of a lot of the commons. But I bought a couple of my favorites this afternoon and will just try to breed for a few of the others before time runs out. Hopefully this will make a real difference when they release new commons.
    Disagreements are a normal part of the human experience and can be handled respectfully. Don't think I don't see.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerSwan51 View Post
    Well, they are retiring a ton of dragons, but I'm not happy about all of it. Not having any common gemstones will make the bingo task of raising a gemstone dragon to level 6 pretty darn hard. Also, I just like the looks of a lot of the commons. But I bought a couple of my favorites this afternoon and will just try to breed for a few of the others before time runs out. Hopefully this will make a real difference when they release new commons.
    Are they really retiring a bunch of commons? All I see are commons on sale.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by northernlight412 View Post
    Are they really retiring a bunch of commons? All I see are commons on sale.
    The pop-up said to get them by July 17, when they will be retired from the market! :O To me that means they will no longer be buyable or breedable.

Even though they are commons, I'm not always sure how to breed for some of the ones with weird types. Like Chaotic is 3 different types, and I'm not even sure what one of them is called. My old accounts (that I can no longer access due to ongoing issues) all have these dragons, but this new account has about half of these. Bingo always wants us to breed with a Birthstone dragon, so I breed it with Diamond and try to get more Grand Gemstone commons that I can raise to level 6 for Bingo and then sell. There goes that strategy! But I'm looking forward to what new dragons they come out with.

But it looks like they're only d/c ing the 4 hour commons, not ones like Sunrise at 24 hours, Neo Bubble at 10 hours, etc.
    Disagreements are a normal part of the human experience and can be handled respectfully. Don't think I don't see.

Rhino Keeper
    The pop-up said to get them by July 17, when they will be retired from the market! :O To me that means they will no longer be buyable or breedable.

Even though they are commons, I'm not always sure how to breed for some of the ones with weird types. Like Chaotic is 3 different types, and I'm not even sure what one of them is called. My old accounts (that I can no longer access due to ongoing issues) all have these dragons, but this new account has about half of these. Bingo always wants us to breed with a Birthstone dragon, so I breed it with Diamond and try to get more Grand Gemstone commons that I can raise to level 6 for Bingo and then sell. There goes that strategy! But I'm looking forward to what new dragons they come out with.

But it looks like they're only d/c ing the 4 hour commons, not ones like Sunrise at 24 hours, Neo Bubble at 10 hours, etc.
    I'll send you a private message for tips on the points you mentioned. Keep an eye on your "notifications" on this and follow what I suggest very closely. It'll help you with everything. Since this thread is still for the Dragon Tales, I will say I hope the next one may have more appealing dragons to you. Heck, I hope the next Dragon Tales will be more innovative. With this development on the commons finally being discontinued as "Oh yeah, we have a codex so we can drop a bunch of these dragons" was finally realized, maybe, just maybe, we're getting progress in the right places. I give all the credit in the world to Elsa for letting us vent constructively about these things and realizing herself that the game needed to go forward. Though we may not have gotten everything we've been clamoring for just yet, I like the direction things are going. I have a feeling July 17th will be a glorious day for some because some will be able to get back into the game as some of these commons won't wreck havoc on the bandwidth needed to log in.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Thank you for sharing your feedback! Our team did filter out Dragons that are required by goals/features, but this slipped through because it's a 'type' instead of a specific Dragon.

Grand Gemstone Dragon and Peridot Dragon will still be on sale, but they will not be leaving the Market/Breeding Pool at the end of the sale so you'll still be able to breed them for Bingo tiles.

Yes, they'll no longer be available in the Market/Breedable. We've made an exception for Grand Gemstone Dragon and Peridot Dragon due to their helpful role in Bingo tiles, so these two will still be breedable after the sale ends on July 17th, 10am PDT.

Be sure to get your favorites before they retire from the breeding pool, but if you don't get them all, there's a chance you might see them again. These Dragons can return to the game in the future, but there's no specific plan as to when you may see a certain Dragon again.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    Thank you for sharing your feedback! Our team did filter out Dragons that are required by goals/features, but this slipped through because it's a 'type' instead of a specific Dragon.

Grand Gemstone Dragon and Peridot Dragon will still be on sale, but they will not be leaving the Market/Breeding Pool at the end of the sale so you'll still be able to breed them for Bingo tiles.

Yes, they'll no longer be available in the Market/Breedable. We've made an exception for Grand Gemstone Dragon and Peridot Dragon due to their helpful role in Bingo tiles, so these two will still be breedable after the sale ends on July 17th, 10am PDT.

Be sure to get your favorites before they retire from the breeding pool, but if you don't get them all, there's a chance you might see them again. These Dragons can return to the game in the future, but there's no specific plan as to when you may see a certain Dragon again.
    Wow! Thank you for the response, Elsa! And thank you for sharing the feedback with the team and letting them know that we still want those gemstone dragons. I purchased a couple more favorites from the commons that are going to be retired. Lyra is so pretty!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123