Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Tales 6/27/23: New Heroes

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    We've shared the feedback with our design team. It's possible that the breeding pool has too many dragons in it. It takes time to review systems and make changes, so we appreciate some time to review and make any necessary improvements. This wouldn't be implemented for this event, but we look forward to reviewing the concerns for future events.
    I don't think i have been able to breed the last 2 or 3 tales dragons and it's been even longer on leaderboard ones. Very frustrating especially since it impacts earning the pieces to craft the monthly dragon.

While you need time to investigate the breeding issue i think you could very quickly decrease that monthly requirement from 25,000 down to maybe 20,000 which might be more attainable if a player cannot go past chapter 5 in 1 or both tales this month.

Another, i think, quick option is put the tales dragon on sale for coins!!

Also, i play bingo and it is a very very rare occurrence to have breed a dragon goals that utilize the colors needed for the tales or leaderboard. This bingo the closest breeds require birthstone, disco, breed white and yellow...all of which add terrible and long extra colors.

I have rented the breeding roost to help but so far with 20 tries, no tales dragon but too many socials and rainbows.

Rhino Keeper
    We've shared the feedback with our design team. It's possible that the breeding pool has too many dragons in it. It takes time to review systems and make changes, so we appreciate some time to review and make any necessary improvements. This wouldn't be implemented for this event, but we look forward to reviewing the concerns for future events.
    That's exactly what's going on!!! We've been saying this for years, Elsa. I'm glad you're on the case with this and I hope expiring past common dragons will be the rule instead of the exception in the future. I'll give you a list of dragons to expire quickly: Envious, Scoundrel, Regal, Sunrise and Volt. Change the classification of Social from super rare to rare, lower the time to Lunar Ram from 16 hours to 5 hours and change that one from rare to common since it acts like a common. Also, invent a champion/purple dragon as purple is the only element that has not been paired with a champion. Thank you for answering our prayers Elsa and keeping us updated on the login issues. Much respect to you.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Rfs0404 View Post
    I don't think i have been able to breed the last 2 or 3 tales dragons and it's been even longer on leaderboard ones. Very frustrating especially since it impacts earning the pieces to craft the monthly dragon.

While you need time to investigate the breeding issue i think you could very quickly decrease that monthly requirement from 25,000 down to maybe 20,000 which might be more attainable if a player cannot go past chapter 5 in 1 or both tales this month.

Another, i think, quick option is put the tales dragon on sale for coins!!

Also, i play bingo and it is a very very rare occurrence to have breed a dragon goals that utilize the colors needed for the tales or leaderboard. This bingo the closest breeds require birthstone, disco, breed white and yellow...all of which add terrible and long extra colors.

I have rented the breeding roost to help but so far with 20 tries, no tales dragon but too many socials and rainbows.
    I hear you and I'm behind you 100%. You've seen my issues with Nightshade (72 tries) and Monastic (33 tries). No common dragon should take over 15 tries to breed, period. Here's hoping change is coming and fast.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by holytinhlinh View Post
    After a day trying, I finally can log in to start the Tale, and first try is Social, lucky me :'(
    Oh no, that dreaded Social. The only redeeming quality about this dragon is that you can disenchant it for 40 essence for it's super rare status.

Rhino Keeper
    Chugging along in the Dragon Tales, I decided to spend gold to speed into chapter 5 because it irritates me to have my spell shop tied up with crafting useless decorations. I took the day to send Luddite on all of the quests needed so I'm through with collecting pieces. I also crafted 1 Superb Story which I'll have to write a reminder for. Now I'm contemplating whether to put that as a suggestion in future threads. It's a great idea to do this between chapters 4 and 5 and 6 and 7 as tying up the spell shop is a frustration when you have all of the pieces needed to craft the arena dragon, mining dragon or, even better, the monthly dragon. Just a suggestion.

New Resident
    Lucked out and got it on my second try with air and water!

Fashion Designer
    Players have been saying for years that this is a problem - too many commons in the breeding pool, and about 3 more added every month- 1 for each new event. This shouldn't come as news when we have been posting about it in the forum for quite some time.
    Disagreements are a normal part of the human experience and can be handled respectfully. Don't think I don't see.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerSwan51 View Post
    Players have been saying for years that this is a problem - too many commons in the breeding pool, and about 3 more added every month- 1 for each new event. This shouldn't come as news when we have been posting about it in the forum for quite some time.
    Testify!!! I hope they go ahead and retire about 200 of these dragons soon out of the 300 currently out there. After all, we have a codex for those who are nostalgic. They can use 100 essence to get one of the older commons.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by northernlight412 View Post
    Testify!!! I hope they go ahead and retire about 200 of these dragons soon out of the 300 currently out there. After all, we have a codex for those who are nostalgic. They can use 100 essence to get one of the older commons.
    I was going to mention the 100 Essence thing, too, but ultimately left it out of my original comment.

Anyway, I won't be finishing this Dragon Tales. I'm still breeding yellow and blue in case something comes through last minute, but it just doesn't look doable.

You know another common that I would *love* for them to d/c is Neo Bubble. Unlike the 4 hour commons, it is 10 hours, and it pops up from *so many* different breeding combos. Whenever I'm trying to breed for something black, the black usually splits into blue and purple and I get Neo Bubble. ugh!

Off topic, but just thought it was an interesting tidbit - just hit level 107 on this new account and *finally* got my first Rainbow dragon on this account (due to the blue and yellow combo needed to breed this combo). I can't believe I got all the way to level 107 with no Rainbow!! Also only have 1 Diamond.
    Disagreements are a normal part of the human experience and can be handled respectfully. Don't think I don't see.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerSwan51 View Post
    I was going to mention the 100 Essence thing, too, but ultimately left it out of my original comment.

Anyway, I won't be finishing this Dragon Tales. I'm still breeding yellow and blue in case something comes through last minute, but it just doesn't look doable.

You know another common that I would *love* for them to d/c is Neo Bubble. Unlike the 4 hour commons, it is 10 hours, and it pops up from *so many* different breeding combos. Whenever I'm trying to breed for something black, the black usually splits into blue and purple and I get Neo Bubble. ugh!

Off topic, but just thought it was an interesting tidbit - just hit level 107 on this new account and *finally* got my first Rainbow dragon on this account (due to the blue and yellow combo needed to breed this combo). I can't believe I got all the way to level 107 with no Rainbow!! Also only have 1 Diamond.
    Hey, you got your diamond way before I got mine. It took me until level 121 when I bred one using Firemane and Mermaid playing the Halloween version of the game (that version of DS had the island at night and replaced a few decorations with Halloween themed things. I wish they would bring that back). Firemane and Mermaid are forever blessed dragons on my island for giving me that 43:59:59 on the clock. I hear you on the Neo Trash Dragon. I kept breeding that and a bunch of purple/blue hybrids when DS refused to give me black dragons for 4 months back in 2016. By the way, congratulations on the Rainbow Dragon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast