• All Chapter 5 neighbour request received same day

32 72.73%
  • All Chapter 9 neighbour request received same day

33 75.00%
  • The adventure drops were really helpful

23 52.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Castle Story 06/08: Adventures in Thickethelm | storybook info on page 1

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crystalraeart View Post
    Is this event done? I started it late but it says I have 3 days left and I?m chapter 7 trying to upgrade winnfords fort to level 7 and it won?t let me. I collected from the tree at collection time and completing the upgrade isn?t an option so I can start chapter 8. Am I missing something or is it just over?
    No it's not over. You seem to have a glitch if you cannot upgrade. Please log a ticket with support once you've double checked your game didn't roll back and your storybook goal asks you to upgrade to L8. You have 10 days for 10 chapters. Link to support in my signature or on page 1 of any thread

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    I love that we can do that here!
    I very much agree. I made a new neighbor a few days ago, long time player with all slots open, and she spends lots of time posting information on her wall about current events. Future steps, materials that will be needed, etc, very much like here. And I thank her for doing that for new, low-level players. But when I asked her about this forum, she said no, that she considered it c.h.e.a.t.i.n.g. Lol. I don't see what's the difference, but whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    And something else that's been added has been the forum info in the FAQ tab in game. I think it's allowed many more players to find us.
    This is very good! I didn't know that! Of course, that makes a big difference and rests some of my previous doubts
    Last edited by azriX2012; 06-20-23 at 10:33 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by CabreraChalet View Post
    I think page 1 indicates that its a 22 hour timer, so I can understand the frustration. The same thing happened to me on the Leona event. .Maybe that could be updated for the next event.

.Attachment 69739.
    I totally understand why there was confusion. My comment wasn?t directed at the people who were confused. It was for my own personal reason.

And for the second comment where you quoted me, I was just trying to be helpful by listing the drops that were listed in case you hadn?t seen them. I didn?t realize it would upset you.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by CabreraChalet View Post
    I think page 1 indicates that its a 22 hour timer, so I can understand the frustration. The same thing happened to me on the Leona event. .Maybe that could be updated for the next event.

.Attachment 69739.
    I think there's multiple factors contributing to any confusion/misunderstanding. First, the early posts on Page 1, Day 1 are estimates based on previous events. So if S8 changes a timer, or number of items before upgrading, or whatever, from the old event to the new event there is a lag in fixing the post. Game staff have adjusted events a bit through the years to make them more challenging/not be an exact repeat of earlier events IMO. Someone notices a change, reports it, and a moderator finds the time to edit it. Remember our mods aren't paid S8 staff, they do this on their free time. We really need to read all the posts in an event, to see if someone has noticed a change from the estimate. Also *if* there are any changes from a previous events' setup, we don't know it up front unless S8 puts it in the event info for SpirtWind. That's why you see posts like a comment on a drop rate estimate being different than what's initially posted on Page 1, or (in this case) someone finishing and noting the prize has a 7 day timer instead of 22 hour.

I check the Page 1 posts throughout an event, but also read every post, to see if there has been any changes posted about the estimates. IMO the Page 1 stuff isn't 100% complete until a number of people have finished the event and verified timers, drops, etc. Plus after the event is over, SW still collects drop and timer info for a few days. And with multi events now running (the Madam Makeda, and Monster Hunts built inside other events) our mods have even more to do than previously.
    Last edited by SofiaDeo; 06-20-23 at 12:23 PM.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    I think there's multiple factors contributing to any confusion/misunderstanding. First, the early posts on Page 1, Day 1 are estimates based on previous events. So if S8 changes a timer, or number of items before upgrading, or whatever, from the old event to the new event there is a lag in fixing the post. Game staff have adjusted events a bit through the years to make them more challenging/not be an exact repeat of earlier events IMO. Someone notices a change, reports it, and a moderator finds the time to edit it. Remember our mods aren't paid S8 staff, they do this on their free time. We really need to read all the posts in an event, to see if someone has noticed a change from the estimate. Also *if* there are any changes from a previous events' setup, we don't know it up front unless S8 puts it in the event info for SpirtWind. That's why you see posts like a comment on a drop rate estimate being different than what's initially posted on Page 1, or (in this case) someone finishing and noting the prize has a 7 day timer instead of 22 hour.

I check the Page 1 posts throughout an event, but also read every post, to see if there has been any changes posted about the estimates. IMO the Page 1 stuff isn't 100% complete until a number of people have finished the event and verified timers, drops, etc. Plus after the event is over, SW still collects drop and timer info for a few days. And with multi events now running (the Madam Makeda, and Monster Hunts built inside other events) our mods have even more to do than previously.
    This is a great explanation. Thank you, SofiaDeo.
    Disagreements are a normal part of the human experience and can be handled respectfully. Don't think I don't see.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    I have added a timed poll about the event to this thread. Please refresh your screens to see it.

Make sure you select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.

Farm Supplier
    Here's my suggestion,If obtaining a Expansion Permit is guaranteed after the seven-day waiting period, I believe it would eliminate a lot of frustration for most players.

Lol, first drop from Winniford's Fort (lvl 10) was 1 wood, second one was 1 wood. It’s now catching dust in my cellar. There are better items I can place on my board. To be honest I used gems to speed up the story, which I now deeply regret. In my opinion the gem investment I did was not worth it. Def something to keep in mind if a similar event returns. Still, game looks and plays great!

Fashion Designer
    Here we are a few days later and I’m still getting responses from neighbours. Good thing I ask extra neighbours otherwise I’d never have finished on time. And I also put away most of the items after event, I’m all full of items that make the same drops.

Fashion Designer
    Yeah, the Fort doesn't seem to be too useful, but the other items will stay on my board because I enjoy their aesthetics. The poor Beeholder, though - that arrow is stuck right across his face all the time. I would like to see the Bee, not the arrow. Same with the poor Rangers. I have 4 of them looking cool together, but I can't see their faces because of the arrows.
    Disagreements are a normal part of the human experience and can be handled respectfully. Don't think I don't see.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617