Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leaderboards

Fashion Designer

Leaderboards

I was so surprised when I entered my game a few days ago and saw that there was a leaderboard. We haven't had one of those in *years*.

I'm curious how others are feeling about the reintroduction of leaderboards. Are you excited? How often do you think they will offer this? My oldest accounts can't hold one more animal or one more habitat, so it is kind of pointless for them to participate, but I have 1 new account that can use these milestone prizes, plus I have another account that is not quite fully expanded and can hold quite a few more animals, although it already has everything being offered here. I am most excited about the habitat, to be honest, lol! Oh, and the Papayak. I just purchased a Purrcules during the recent spring sale, so seeing it as the big final prize gives me mixed feelings.
    Disagreements are a normal part of the human experience and can be handled respectfully. Don't think I don't see.

They must be getting desperate to bring back leaderboards for FFS. I saw they?re just reusing older prizes so I can?t say I?m super excited but it?s better than reusing that same origami trophy in the past.

After such a long haitus, I might play this current one for old times sake but I doubt this will revive this old game. I?m sure many accounts have a huge stockpile of gems so it?s unlikely to result in a significant increase in profit to warrant restarting new content on this game.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

I thought of an interesting challenge. I have trophies from most of the previous leaderboards, however maybe now I can aim to get a matching set of gold, silver and bronze trophies of each design eventually. Sometimes it's actually a bigger difficulty challenge to aim for silver or bronze than gold from past experience because the bum rush near the end is often hard to predict. I don't think I have the space to actually put them all out for display though but having them for future decorating would be nice.

Fashion Designer
    Thanks for weighing in, JustKay!

So I thinkt that there will be another leaderboard starting at the end of this month - maybe July 28? Seems like they are starting the last Friday of each month.
    Disagreements are a normal part of the human experience and can be handled respectfully. Don't think I don't see.

Fashion Designer
    Well that is disappointing - no leaderboard for the end of July. I had my evolution den and nests stacked.

Fashion Designer
    So the leaderboard was just a week later. Got the big prize on 3 of my accounts without really trying. I feel bad because I really only wanted it on this newer account. I like the Nebulark - love birds - but already have it on my oldest account and was just trying to reach all the milestones on my other account to get to the Echidnebula, but in the process I passed up the other players.

Now they are starting a tournament. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerSwan51 View Post
    So the leaderboard was just a week later. Got the big prize on 3 of my accounts without really trying. I feel bad because I really only wanted it on this newer account. I like the Nebulark - love birds - but already have it on my oldest account and was just trying to reach all the milestones on my other account to get to the Echidnebula, but in the process I passed up the other players.
    How was it even possible to win first prize with only 6k? The top 3 of my leaderboard got 21k, 16k and 14k points!! I got 6k and ranked 10! I wonder how players are grouped together, do you have any idea? I don't think it's based on levels since I've noticed quite a big range in our group.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by tennysonrobin View Post
    How was it even possible to win first prize with only 6k? The top 3 of my leaderboard got 21k, 16k and 14k points!! I got 6k and ranked 10! I wonder how players are grouped together, do you have any idea? I don't think it's based on levels since I've noticed quite a big range in our group.
    This is an ongoing mystery. Storm8 uses leaderboard events in a number of games, and this question comes up often, and no one knows. I've seen people speculate that it depends on when you first log in to the game and get assigned to a leaderboard, so for instance people who log in at 11:56 A.M. will be grouped together, but I don't know how that would work. I've also seen people speculate that it depends on your style of play during previous leaderboards, so if you were very competitive and got a lot of points during the last leaderboard, you would be grouped with similarly competitive players the next time, but if you were more laid back and didn't get a lot of points, you would be put in a less competitive group. I really don't know. I do know that I often seem to be put in with some of the same people over and over again in Dragon Story, which has a couple lb events per month.

New Resident
    Hi all, after years of inacivity unfortunately my previous account was deleted So I am starting all over again. Do I understand it correctly there is a Leaderboard every month, after they've been away for a few years? I loved Leaderboards so would love to know.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Musehuset View Post
    Hi all, after years of inacivity unfortunately my previous account was deleted So I am starting all over again. Do I understand it correctly there is a Leaderboard every month, after they've been away for a few years? I loved Leaderboards so would love to know.
    Welcome back! Yes, they started doing a montly leaderboard event at the end of May, so we have had 4 so far, I think. Hopefully they keep doing them. They also brought back Spin to Win about a year ago. Each one lasts for a week at a time. It has been a great way to get some older animals! When I first started this account back in February, I found the Spin to Win to be highly valuable to me to accumulate enough coins and Runes for expansions. The first couple months with a new account are a real grind. But the Spin to Win allowed me to get through that period much more quickly. Good luck! I check the forum regularly (I seem to be almost the only one who posts here), and I am happy to answer any questions or just visit about gameplay if you want to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast