Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dragon Tales 5/23/23: Flowering Fields

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by cgcness View Post
    Again I can not get the ?Common? Lathyrus dragon - have been trying since this was put up & current count is 6 sunrise dragons, 2 leopard and a few randoms. Raised a ticket, got no response, but got another sunrise ��
    What?s the point of playing??
    This is the 3rd comp where I have not been able to get past chapter 5 or 6 due to a breeding issue!!
    I don't know whether you're a newer player (like a player who started within the last year) or not. No offense intended to you if you don't have these dragons but if I was in your position, I'd use a pure diamond type dragon (Infinity, Diamond or Neo Diamond) and a flower/yellow/white dragon (Encore from the last Dragon Tales or Flutterspin from a previous tournament) in the breeding den. I used Albino Peacock and Gold on my secondary account and Infinity and Encore on my main account. Got Lathyrus on the 2nd try on the secondary account and got Lathyrus on the 3rd try on the main account. Maybe try a pure diamond with Encore and see what happens. They really need to either get rid of Sunrise or recode it to where it's a super rare dragon. Two of my fails were the dreaded Sunrise and that dragon kept me from finishing Dragon Tales twice so I know how you feel.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by cgcness View Post
    Again I can not get the ?Common? Lathyrus dragon - have been trying since this was put up & current count is 6 sunrise dragons, 2 leopard and a few randoms. Raised a ticket, got no response, but got another sunrise 😡
    What?s the point of playing??
    This is the 3rd comp where I have not been able to get past chapter 5 or 6 due to a breeding issue!!
    It's really just a matter of luck, and this, unfortunately, is part of the game. I have been playing for many years. I am not able to finish this event because I, too, was unable to breed the required dragon. There is no sense in sending a ticket as it is not a "bug." I tried multiple different combos, including using a Diamond dragon as northernlight suggested, and I just never got the dragon. I know how disappointing and frustrating it can be, so I'm sorry you didn't get it. I am happy that I was able to save so much food, though, since I didn't have to raise any dragons to levels 12 and 14.
    Disagreements are a normal part of the human experience and can be handled respectfully. Don't think I don't see.

Executive Chef
    Still trying for the dragon so I could at least get the Pale Begonia dragon, but no luck. Just started yet another 24 hour Sunrise fail along with a Griffin Fail. I don't even bother to hatch the Sunrise because they only disenchant for 2 essence. At least I can get 10 Essence for Griffin and Sunbeam (oh, and Leopard, but I only got a couple of those). Almost endless Sunrise. I did some speed breeding and got Glitterday, which includes a holiday element, Antila, which includes Cosmic, and Venturous, which includes Spooky. So do those elements not need to be in the breeding mix to get them? You can get them with plain old yellow and white?

Speaking of which, the Codex lists Peppermint Mocha dragon as being a breedable common, but I have *never* gotten one, so I don't think it actually is breedable. I think it was only able to be bred the year it was released.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    Still trying for the dragon so I could at least get the Pale Begonia dragon, but no luck. Just started yet another 24 hour Sunrise fail along with a Griffin Fail. I don't even bother to hatch the Sunrise because they only disenchant for 2 essence. At least I can get 10 Essence for Griffin and Sunbeam (oh, and Leopard, but I only got a couple of those). Almost endless Sunrise. I did some speed breeding and got Glitterday, which includes a holiday element, Antila, which includes Cosmic, and Venturous, which includes Spooky. So do those elements not need to be in the breeding mix to get them? You can get them with plain old yellow and white?

Speaking of which, the Codex lists Peppermint Mocha dragon as being a breedable common, but I have *never* gotten one, so I don't think it actually is breedable. I think it was only able to be bred the year it was released.
    They really need to do something about Sunrise. No "common" dragon should have a 24 hour breeding time.
    For the parade of other commons you got with white/yellow, Glitterday, Antlia and Venturous all are possibilities with doing plain yellow and white. Sadly, S8 gets great pleasure in keeping commons after its corresponding events end just to make it that much harder to breed in the future. I'll never understand why they would do that when we have the codex now.
    Peppermint Mocha ran into the same problem as Wishlist in 2017 with being released late in a timed event. I don't think that one is breedable anymore in my honest opinion no matter how much it says it is in the Codex. There's a couple of other dragons in there that are misprinted as such.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by northernlight412 View Post
    They really need to do something about Sunrise. No "common" dragon should have a 24 hour breeding time.
    For the parade of other commons you got with white/yellow, Glitterday, Antlia and Venturous all are possibilities with doing plain yellow and white. Sadly, S8 gets great pleasure in keeping commons after its corresponding events end just to make it that much harder to breed in the future. I'll never understand why they would do that when we have the codex now.
    Peppermint Mocha ran into the same problem as Wishlist in 2017 with being released late in a timed event. I don't think that one is breedable anymore in my honest opinion no matter how much it says it is in the Codex. There's a couple of other dragons in there that are misprinted as such.
    Thank you for the information.
    1. Remember when Virtue was a 32 hour breeding time? They listened to us and reduced it to 8 hours. Why can't they do the same for Sunrise? I get that maybe it's supposed to be 24 hours from one Sunrise to the next or something (the length of a day). I agree - common dragons should not be 24 hours, especially when time is of the essence, as in the Tales events.
    2. Actually, I was happy to add Glitterday, Antila, and Venturous (especially Venturous!) to my collection as this was on my newer account that didn't have them yet. I'm wanting more Cosmic type dragons for battling, and I love the Spooky type.
    3. I did not know or remember that about Peppermint Mocha, but I have suspected that there are at least a couple that are misprinted like that. It is just the first one that came to mind. I think Chimney is another one.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12