Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 5/11: From Cover to Cover | event information on page 1

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by GiselleX16 View Post
    Hooray and whew!

Attachment 69214 Attachment 69215

Might as well get it instead of losing gems to traps.
    My thought exactly.

S8, you couldn't just offer it for coins?

Executive Chef
    Don't tell me the monster spawn rate isn't messed with:
    I just had 5 fangbeasts spawn running through my 10 farmhouses.
    I can't get 5 fangbeasts to spawn during an entire monster hunt.

Getting books to spawn is definitely taking some work.

Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    Don't tell me the monster spawn rate isn't messed with:
    I just had 5 fangbeasts spawn running through my 10 farmhouses.
    I can't get 5 fangbeasts to spawn during an entire monster hunt.

Getting books to spawn is definitely taking some work.
    I do agree. I woke up this morning with wizard school energy plus 40, chopped 3 trees, visited all my farmhouses, all I got were fangbeasts. It?s very depressing. The 2 hr writing desk collection I can handle but when you can?t get the books to trigger it?s really frustrating. I?d love the prize, but so tempted to quit now and continue with other timed goals. Tried again just now, same 40 energy plus wizard schools, 4 trees and farmhouses, 3 fangbeasts and finally a book. Please tell me there?s a better way.

S8, please make the drop rate of a dwarven hat from the sparkling mines a guaranteed one instead of what is now an almost ultrarare drop. It would really help the players and lowers the level of frustration, because this event is in my opinion already “challenging” enough for the majority of the players :-). Thx!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenceline10 View Post
    S8, please make the drop rate of a dwarven hat from the sparkling mines a guaranteed one instead of what is now an almost ultrarare drop. It would really help the players and lowers the level of frustration, because this event is in my opinion already ?challenging? enough for the majority of the players :-). Thx!
    You are already past Goal 9, where you are directed to collect from the mines, and they are not dropping? I got *one* early into the event when I first collected from my mines, which is nice, but don't expect to get any more until I actually reach that goal. Similar to how I could spawn that book beast from the Farmhouse but didn't get an event drop, until I reached that goal.

Speaking of Goal 9, do we need to make sure there aren't any monsters in the board, that starting *then* it is collecting from the Little Library, that spawns another event beast?
    Last edited by SofiaDeo; 05-13-23 at 01:24 PM.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    You are already past Goal 9, where you are directed to collect from the mines, and they are not dropping? I got *one* early into the event when I first collected from my mines, which is nice, but don't expect to get any more until I actually reach that goal. Similar to how I could spawn that book beast from the Farmhouse but didn't get an event drop, until I reached that goal.

Speaking of Goal 9, do we need to make sure there aren't any monsters in the board, that starting *then* it is collecting from the Little Library, that spawns another event beast?
    You are indeed correct about the dwarven hats which dropped from sparkling mines early on, stopped and then mines start dropping them again in goal 9.

And yes, the little library in goal 9 will spawn the ephemeral tome, 12 hits, drops inky goo for the fairytale page craft in the forge. Make sure there are no monsters on the board but if you forget, only 1h to wait. Main holdup in this goal is collecting 8 dwarven hats from the sparkling mines, not guaranteed drop. Inky goo is also not a guaranteed drop after defeating the ephemeral tome and I was surprised that there were no ancient fables dropping.

Latest spawns of ephemeral tome are dropping ancient fables now but inky goo still a random drop.
    Last edited by zoroak; 05-14-23 at 03:06 AM.

Fashion Designer
    I have a question.
    At what point does the mysterious printing press come in to the picture? I am currently on goal 8.

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBlue305 View Post
    Sheesh. Well once again I will be behind the curve. I work a lot and can't play all day constantly checking every two hours. Most of the time I have to finish events by using gems.
    It is ridiculous to think anyone wants to be tied down to checking a game every two hours. Even if you have the time it is no longer a fun pastime but a chore.

Fashion Designer
    Now I’m upset, visited mines, got a hat and a golden nugget and a I was about to tap on the items there was a rollback. Mines not able to be tapped on and no hat or golden nuggets in inventory. This was my third collection from my mines and the first had, which is now lost in the ether somewhere between S8 and my modem.

I also agree with ljb506, that some events make it a chore to play. As much as I love CS the events are becoming too tedious with barely and drops of needed items and volumes needed seem a bit extreme. ‘Sigh’

Executive Chef
    Ink pot is a rare drop from the monster that spawns from the library.

We only need 6, to be acquired during the time it takes to get 24 hats to randomly drop from the mines; but logging in every hour with no reward is tedious.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast