Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 5/11: From Cover to Cover | event information on page 1

Rhino Keeper
    I'm gutted I won't be able to finish the event ivys hut was no problem but the hats from the mine were terrible no hats dropped for 1 1/2 days from my mines and I was collecting every 3 hours so I've only got 3 pink books. If the inky pages dropped when the blue books started spawning I would have no problem finishing but I've only got 17 hours and I need 6 of the final books. It seems more and more the events are getting impossible to finish due to terrible drop rates.

Fashion Designer
    I was able to fully upgrade my little library and finish the event late last night. My first drop from the level 7 little library was a BF for earth wisp and 3 trade tickets. My first drop from the bookworm was 1330 coins and maybe a BF for something I missed. I’ll have to get back to you all on that one.

I agree with everyone that this event was tough and tedious. I’ve recently come back from a looong break and events like this get to be too much. I dug the artwork, which is why I decided to play this event. My one request to S8 would be to make the Fairytale Tomes just deco items with no yellow arrow above them. They only drop a few coins after the event and I’d rather just see their artwork without the arrow getting in the way.

Good luck to everyone still trying to finish. I wish you all excellent drops snd spawns!

Rhino Keeper
    Oh, the first page saif the fairytale tomes should drop jewels, lumin essence, silver ore, water; its why i crafted them! Can that be fixed?

Executive Chef
    Little Library gave me one trade ticket and 15 coins. Bookworm black flagged me for Glimmerdust and gave 1345 coins.

Re the Fairytale Tomes, they won’t start dropping ongoing items until after the event ends. Check again after 6:00 pm PDT tonight.

Rhino Keeper
    Ahhh thanks, i thought because the little library dropped already, the fairytale tomes would do so too

I don?t see a way to finish which is a bummer. I had really low drop rate on hats so I paid a lotta gems to get the Fairytale tomes, but the spawn rate from them is really low for me. There?s no way to get enough inky pages other than to buy them outright.

I didn?t spend any gems on the last several events and finished with time to spare.

I don?t mind spending some real world cash for gems, but I think for me, I don?t want to spend more than 200 gems on an event. I know others spend a lot more. But I think I?m an average person.

So, I?m thinking that spending gems for an event is not something I?m going to do anymore. If I?m dropping that many gems and still don?t finish?.. no. For what it?s worth, Storm8.
    Last edited by CabreraChalet; 05-24-23 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Typo

Fashion Designer
    Unfortunately there's no way for me to finish. Really tough with multiple choke points in this event. Normally it's just Ivy or the Troll Camp but this time with the unending battles for the one page that you needed 6 of, Ivy's drop, and then the red hats barely dropping from the mine it was an impossible task. I'm not sure why they made this one so difficult. One choke point is hard enough but 3 made it impossible. I spent so much time and energy growing and chopping trees. It took usually 3-4 trees to get the book to spawn. I'm bummed because I put a lot into this event.

Executive Chef
    My Fairytale Tomes did black flag me for some of the listed items so they are now “live” with the 22 hour timer.

Farm Supplier
    My level 6 library seems to be deco now. No timer on it. The shop where we crafted the tomes also seems to be deco now. I missed collecting my 4th pink tome before the event ended (it would’ve been ready moments afterward), and it’s been locked away in the now-deco craft shop. I was 3 pages short of upgrading the library, mainly due to lack of dwarf hat drops to create the pink tomes followed by the lack of ephemeral tome spawns. I did spend gems on this event, but I wasn’t interested in spending hundreds of them to finish. The three optional tomes I was able to craft seem to drop mainly bone, simple glue, or glimmer dust. Those tomes will be stored soon because I have other things that drop those items.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maiden85 View Post
    My level 6 library seems to be deco now. No timer on it. The shop where we crafted the tomes also seems to be deco now. I missed collecting my 4th pink tome before the event ended (it would’ve been ready moments afterward), and it’s been locked away in the now-deco craft shop. I was 3 pages short of upgrading the library, mainly due to lack of dwarf hat drops to create the pink tomes followed by the lack of ephemeral tome spawns. I did spend gems on this event, but I wasn’t interested in spending hundreds of them to finish. The three optional tomes I was able to craft seem to drop mainly bone, simple glue, or glimmer dust. Those tomes will be stored soon because I have other things that drop those items.
    I didn't see a coin count during construction, so perhaps it will be deco. To double check, store it and bring it back out.

For Level 7, the timer has been changed again. It is now 12 hours.