Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 5/11: From Cover to Cover | event information on page 1

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by gustafrog1 View Post
    The fairytale tome craft disappeared as soon as i crafted the last of the other three! Now i have a fairytale page which i cant use anymore
    That's weird, I don't think that's supposed to happen. Mine never disappeared and I crafted one of each of the others before I made even my first Fairytale Tome. The others disappeared but not the FT, that one remained.

Rhino Keeper
    I guess its cause i had already upgraded the library to lvl 7. So if you want more fairytale tomes, dont upgrade to lvl 7 until youre done crafting

Executive Chef
    Until today, my four Fairytale Tomes triggered at least one Ephemeral Tome with each collection. Now three times today, none of the four triggered. The Library did, so no monster hidden elsewhere. I was counting on at least three triggers every two hours, but now that is not a guarantee. I still think I'll make it with time to spare, but will have to keep an eye on the clock every hour.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by GiselleX16 View Post
    Until today, my four Fairytale Tomes triggered at least one Ephemeral Tome with each collection. Now three times today, none of the four triggered. The Library did, so no monster hidden elsewhere. I was counting on at least three triggers every two hours, but now that is not a guarantee. I still think I'll make it with time to spare, but will have to keep an eye on the clock every hour.
    I have the same since 24 hours the spawn from the Tomes has been very low, I have 5 tomes, but I trigger 1 spawn very 8-10 tome or so. Well, I have 1 more page to go, so don't really care.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Executive Chef
    One account was lucky & has finished, I think 2 others will, not sure about the last. And I purchased a second desk for all of them. This has been a horrible grind, I think I need a break from the game awhile. Challenging is different than "must set alarms every hour while awake and try to log in."
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    One account was lucky & has finished, I think 2 others will, not sure about the last. And I purchased a second desk for all of them. This has been a horrible grind, I think I need a break from the game awhile. Challenging is different than "must set alarms every hour while awake and try to log in."
    Totally understandable, especially after this one - it was maybe the most OTT event I can recall in my CS playing. I thought the Little Pig event type was as bad as it could get but this one was a new level.

I've taken a few breaks over the last few years (ranging from a few weeks to a few months) when the game just became too much. At first, I was worried I might miss out on great items but with the way sales are now, it's not really an issue.

Our real life health, happiness and wellbeing is the most important thing. Your presence will be missed but the game and this community will be here waiting if/when your enthusiasm for the game returns.

Rest well and enjoy the extra free time

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    An hourly timer is crippling me too. Being constantly distracted by a timer when I'm in 'the zone' of working is a little bit challenging! I've skipped a few events recently for the very first time just so that things don't get too overwhelming for me. I have a flourishing Queendom already and I don't want to lose the enjoyment I get from playing CS. I think it's very healthy to be selective about events.

Rhino Keeper
    For me it was the other way round: spawnrate of ephemeral tomes was suddenly through the roof, as was the droprate from dwarf hats. Collected my third fairytale tome saturday morning and finished the event just now (tuesday morning) with a total of SIX fairytale tomes! I had about 2-3 spawns from 5 tomes each collection. Maybe its cause i didnt make any ephimeral pages until i collected about enough inky pages… on my first account the drop rate lowered after making the first page. Or its just bad luck and luck

Fashion Designer
    I just wanted to share a gotcha.
    The Mysterious Printing Press reorders the Tomes.
    The last of the four Tomes is the Ephemeral Tome and when you go to craft it, it is to the immediate right of the Fairytale Tome and not the farthest right tile as it starts out.
    Queendom Name - Hyrule

Fashion Designer
    I'd like to get an Ephemeral Tome, but there's no way I can get enough Ancient Fables in time. *sigh*
    Disagreements are a normal part of the human experience and can be handled respectfully. Don't think I don't see.