Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need your best coin accumulation tips

Rhino Keeper

Need your best coin accumulation tips

I have been playing this game for over 10 years and i'm STILL having issues accumulating enough coins to make expansions. The Coral Castle storyline truly messed my coin count and I don't seem to have ever recovered from it (and I played it live in 2017!) I have roughly 40 plots to expand to (orange and red on the map in the Expansion thread) just around the original main gameplay area and that alone is over 55 MILLION coins. Not including any other expansions on Audra, in the Marshland, where the gnome mine is, or on the far left of my kingdom where I have the Coral Castle (and associated droppers) stored.

I play nearly every day and just collecting from my coin buildings alone take over 80 energy, on top of gameplay and trying to complete open goals. It just seems so impossible!

I'd appreciate any and all coin accumulation tips you may have.
    Last edited by maz3girl; 04-05-23 at 06:05 PM.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Check out the resource in the Hub about Coins here: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...ugget-12-Coins

I really only have 3 types of things on my board: coin droppers, trade ticket droppers and energy droppers. A smattering of other beautiful deco, items and buildings of course, but I don't collect from them often. There are quite a few high coin dropping items to focus on. Depends on how much energy and time you devote to the game and if you participate in all events (cause buying the items to chop really adds up!). Look through the Info Nugget, see what you have and focus on those if you do.

The more expensive adventures, like Desert Sands can reward a small fortune in coins, but they all give way more than it cost to go on, so always have an adventure out.
    There are a few MRC coin droppers, my fave is the Armored Dark Unicorn.
    Collecting from the Coral Castle, Gnomish Mine with a 2 hour timer gives 2000 coins each time so that can quickly add up
    If you have (and if not save up for next time they are in a sale) the gnome item called Pot of Gold, they are brilliant
    Plant Fellora! Yes they are expensive to plant, but they give triple back. There are other crops that are good if you're not up to that part of the main storyline

there's heaps of other items that give a selection of 3 drops of coins which are also worth focusing on. hope that help a little!

Executive Chef
    I cluster things that drop =>800 coins, and collect from those. I don't collect from things that are less than 800 coins unless it's WW. I prefer buildings that drop at least 1K when energy is tight. Also, I spent a number of months always having at least 30 Fellora Blossoms planted/collecting, replanting, that take 2 days. I get the maximum coin per single energy this way. I generally keep the other 20 plots open in case if I want to plant something else, but sometimes also fill those with Fellora Blossoms. You can plant the Felloras 20-20-10 alternating so you always collect from something daily if energy is tight for events, you should at least be covering the costs of Event items while gaining some coin to get ahead.

That Coral Castle, and a few other items, give 1K+ in coins and can be collected from multiple times a day. The Castle is what, hourly? You just have to park a monster if you don't want to risk spawning one from the Castle or other buildings/coin droppers.

On days when I am home doing chores, or relaxing, I do set a timer every 2 hours to collect the max energy. If your play is where you store energy, I am not sure this "every 2 hours" trick will work, except to collect from any high yield coin droppers.
    Last edited by SofiaDeo; 04-07-23 at 11:54 AM.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Fashion Designer
    Definitely look at the nugget SpiritWind suggests. There is a lot of really good information in there and you can develop a plan that works best for you.

My personal favorite items are what I call the Pot of Gold type. They drop either a gold item, 1,224 coins, 2,124 coins, or even 10,324 coins for just one energy.
    The ones I have are:
    Pot of Gold
    Grimaud
    Celtic Dance Circle Level 7
    Greek Temple Level 10
    Peridae (similar coin totals but not exact)
    Cleos Pyramid (this one is nice because the coin drops are even higher up to 12,300 coins)

Example:
    Pot of Gold - (Card)
    Storable: Yes
    Info: A happy little gnome sitting in a pot of gold! Visit him for a chance at Golden Nuggets, Golden Eggs, and Golden Apples!
    Type: Decoration
    Source: Event
    Class: Animals
    Crafted In: Workshop
    Size: 1x1
    Requirements: 250 Gems // 3 Rainbow Thread, 3 Lucky Block, 3 Lucky Beam
    Sell: Item cannot be sold!
    Drops: Coins (324), Golden Apple, Golden Nugget, Golden Egg
    Events: Press Your Luck - March 2019
    Production: 120 minutes // 2 hours
    Production Speed-up: 8 Gems
    Collection: 300 minutes // 5 hours
    Collection Speed-up: 20 Gems
    Cap: 8
    Link: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1569066
    Last edited by SylvanSanctuary; 04-09-23 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Updated coin totals

Host(ess)

Coins from Royal Exchange

The Royal Exchange is great for coins. The Troll Hunter Trade takes 6 hours for 25,000 coins. I do it at least once daily. I asked the forum not too long ago how to get more coins and someone suggested that. It was very good advice.

You will need to gather up all your trolls and collect from them regularly for troll horns, creep tooth and bones.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C305F37E-9149-4247-ACA0-AEB234A30D76.jpeg 
Views:	11 
Size:	772.6 KB 
ID:	68703  
    Annabelle
    ID: HomeDesign1980 for Home Design, Castle Story, Fashion Story

Fashion Designer
    Check the nugget first. There are some great tables that list the items/buildings and their coin collection amount and some have the collection times too. It’s a very good resource!

I got 12 naga’s (1 or 2 when available in sales, or barons tent) the exchange does a coin trade for 40,000 coins for 8 hrs. I have 12 nagas and that is enough to restore all my fins and she’ll armour. Only prob is collecting from nagas is only once a day. As for the troll trade, I have 6 gentleman trolls as they have only 1 hr collection time. Makes getting horns, bones and creep tooth easy to replenish stocks.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by LemracCafe View Post
    Check the nugget first. There are some great tables that list the items/buildings and their coin collection amount and some have the collection times too. It?s a very good resource!

I got 12 naga?s (1 or 2 when available in sales, or barons tent) the exchange does a coin trade for 40,000 coins for 8 hrs. I have 12 nagas and that is enough to restore all my fins and she?ll armour. Only prob is collecting from nagas is only once a day. As for the troll trade, I have 6 gentleman trolls as they have only 1 hr collection time. Makes getting horns, bones and creep tooth easy to replenish stocks.
    I have no Nagas and it is blocked in the exchange. I have Naga fins but do not know how to open up that section in the exchange.
    Annabelle
    ID: HomeDesign1980 for Home Design, Castle Story, Fashion Story

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeDesign1980 View Post
    I have no Nagas and it is blocked in the exchange. I have Naga fins but do not know how to open up that section in the exchange.
    You need an original blue Naga which might only come up in sales now. It's not available in the market. This information is in the Inventory Guide under the Naga entry.

I plant almost all my plots with fellora blossoms every 1-2 days and keep my Nimble Farmer boost running almost constantly (which essentially costs nothing since the bronze runes are so disproportionately plentiful). That way, they take less than a day to harvest. Even if you have the max felloras allowed in storage, you still get the coins, which is a great return on investment since it takes only 1/3-1/2 an energy to harvest a crop (assuming you have the Farmer’s Badge). If I’m needing a large sum at once for an expansion, I usually follow a harvest of all my felloras with strawberries (instead of more felloras) since those are cheap to plant but useful. As long as I have enough silver runes (i.e., enough to not to interfere with saving up for another rainbow alicorn), I get the Harvest Champion boost before a large fellora or strawberry harvest. That boost doesn’t double the coins, so at first that might seem pointless if you already have too many felloras. But it DOES double the energy return, so the already-excellent return on energy investment is even better. Sometimes, especially with the berries, that will actually let you end up with more energy than you started with! If using this strategy, it’s best to already have a monster on board; otherwise you’ll waste all the extra energy on dire boars or whatever monster your plots are spawning.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SylvanSanctuary View Post
    Definitely look at the nugget SpiritWind suggests. There is a lot of really good information in there and you can develop a plan that works best for you.

My personal favorite items are what I call the Pot of Gold type. They drop either a gold item, 1,224 coins, 2,124 coins, or even 10,324 coins for just one energy.
    The ones I have are:
    Pot of Gold
    Grimaud
    Celtic Dance Circle Level 7
    Greek Temple Level 10
    Peridae (similar coin totals but not exact)
    Cleos Pyramid (this one is nice because the coin drops are even higher up to 12,300 coins)

Example:
    Pot of Gold - (Card)
    Storable: Yes
    Info: A happy little gnome sitting in a pot of gold! Visit him for a chance at Golden Nuggets, Golden Eggs, and Golden Apples!
    Type: Decoration
    Source: Event
    Class: Animals
    Crafted In: Workshop
    Size: 1x1
    Requirements: 250 Gems // 3 Rainbow Thread, 3 Lucky Block, 3 Lucky Beam
    Sell: Item cannot be sold!
    Drops: Coins (324), Golden Apple, Golden Nugget, Golden Egg
    Events: Press Your Luck - March 2019
    Production: 120 minutes // 2 hours
    Production Speed-up: 8 Gems
    Collection: 300 minutes // 5 hours
    Collection Speed-up: 20 Gems
    Cap: 8
    Link: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1569066
    In the store, the Celtic Dance Circle says 324 coins / 5 hours. Is that different then if you upgraded during the missions to level 7?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast