Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Restaurant is Empty

Executive Chef

Restaurant is Empty

It's a known bug for years, randomly being logged into someone else's Restaurant/Bakery. Would think it's fixed by now. But this my place before and after someone else sold all my stuff 😥

Think I'm quitting permanently, can't buy back my old Halloween and Christmas stuff anymore, and just don't have the energy if it happens again.

Nightclub Owner
    Oh, no, that is AWFUL - a real nightmare come true! I'm so, so, sorry this has happened to you and I can't even imagine how crushed you must feel. Literally my stomach dropped when I saw this, it's just so upsetting to hear!

My biggest question is what kind of person would open the game, see it's not their own and then proceed to SELL everything? Makes zero sense to me!

And the other thing that gets me is that this is a known issue, like you said. So my question is: if this is something that they can't prevent, shouldn't they have at least come up with a way to repair as much as they can when it does happen?

Like, our data is backed up on their servers, right? Then, in my mind, it stands to reason that they are the ones responsible for maintaining and protecting it. No? Why can't they just get a back up of your account from last week or whenever and bring back as much as they can? If the data was saved on our end of things, this is exactly what a player would do. I know it's more complicated and likely not as easy as that, but the point remains that there should be back ups of our data. Especially considering most players have spent money in the game at some point.

It's completely understandable that you feel like you have to leave the game entirely. I'm not sure anyone would feel comfortable trying to rebuild knowing that all their efforts can be wiped out at any point.

Just know know that you will be missed and always remembered fondly -- you're a great player and an integral part of our community. Over the years, you've given so much to the forums to help others that it just won't be the same without you!

Best wishes on wherever you go from here... ★⌒ヽ(? ❥ `)

Executive Chef
    Thanks @AnnirasSweets I'm hoping this doesn't happen to my Bakery as well, stored most my stuff there to deter from selling. Hoping my Restaurant can be fixed, till then I'll wait, don't want to leave again but this really stings. Have spent real word money during holidays for decor/boxes in past that I can't buy anymore.

I'm assuming whomever sold my stuff maybe had this happen to them too, but I myself could never do this another knowing how much it hurts

I'm on Android, wish game could be updated for both iTunes and Google Play though and any most common bugs patched and fixed for everyone.

But I know that's hard for game dev as well and easier said than done. But here's to hopefully in future.
    Last edited by pcabral03; 03-28-23 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Spelling errors

Quote Originally Posted by pcabral03 View Post
    But I know that's hard for game dev as well and easier said than done. But here's to hopefully in future.
    Please continue working with support if you haven't done so already. Thank you.
    Storm8 Staff - [S8] HungryGoblin
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com and submit a request
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

Farm Supplier
    I can't believe this happened and happens. Kinda devastating. Thank you for letting me know to be hesitant about future spending. I didn't know fraud was an issue in this game. Might change my username as a result if I can. Crazy. I can't believe what you are going through. Just awful. It's not really okay if they don't restore you. I'm sorry this happened to you. I, too, was going through an old thread today and saw some of your contributions. Thank you for those, and man, I hope they take care of you.

Executive Chef
    To do this to another person is awful. I'm so sorry this happened to you! I can't imagine what you must be feeling right now. I know I would be so distraught. I know it's just a game, but it's still a lot of time, work, and effort! This is some people's way of coping with real life. So upsetting. .

I know for now on to take screenshots regularly. :/
    PM/ Profile |Gamerologizm Fan Link in Forum (previously known as Supreme Dynasty) | Transfer Method
    Dragon Egg Chart Mostly updated (I've given up on Dragon because most Dragons are unobtainable for me; but still update when I can when I'm not scrambling with RS & BS to complete their goals.)
    Restaurant & Bakery Completely Updated!
    IDs: Sehana (main)

Rhino Keeper
    I’m sorry Pcabral, I keep checking back to see if they managed to resolve this for you. Always rely on your and Anniras posts thanks for all the help

Hi ! I just happened across your post, but had to stop & read!! This happened to me in my other restaurant. (I have several). I logged on and found most of my stuff had been sold too! This was St Patrick's Day decor, appliances, counters, gems, all gone! I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND your feelings!! I'm so sorry this happened to you as well!! S8 asked for screen shots of my place with the now missing items. I have several, just not of the most recent change in decor, as I hadn't gotten them yet. I am also having difficulty getting the screen shots to them, as it's a phone not used for calling, (old android). After I figure that out, and send them in, I guess we can cross our fingers together. This REALLY is a HUGE PROBLEM that S8 MUST CORRECT ASAP!!

Rhino Keeper
    I've seen this happen in fashion story a lot. They need to fix this.

Rhino Keeper
    Is it possible that the game sold your stuff?

I just cannot believe that another player would do it. That is so cruel.

I hope it gets fixed, however it happened.
    Last edited by kayjco2; 04-07-23 at 09:42 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast