Thread: Goal Timer issue

Goal Timer issue

has anybody else had this issue the new goal just started today with 14days left now its 10pm EST and its saying 13 days left. How is this possible in the same day it hasnt been 24hrs?

Nightclub Owner
    I'm going to try to explain how I understand the timers to work and hope I don't confuse things even more. This is one of those things that's difficult for me to explain without having the person in front of me but I think I've worked it out

---

A '14 Day Goal' is 13 full 24 hour days plus a few hours (I think it's 3 or 4 but can't recall exactly right now). Due to the how we track time, anything over 312 hours is going to be called 14 days even if one of those 'days' isn't a full 24 hour period.

To add to the confusion, the goal timers always round up to the nearest whole unit so the info can fit on the tiny banners in our games. So, at first it rounds up to the day, then on the final day it rounds up to the hour, then minute and so on. I think this is where most of the confusion with the timers comes in.

If we could see the entire time listed when a goal starts it would show something like 14 Days, 3 hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds. A few hours later when the timer drops a day, all we see is 13 Days Left so it looks like we lost a whole day in four hours. But, if it was written out it would show 13 Days, 23 hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds which I think would be much less jarring for players to see.

Hopefully that made sense, if not, let me know!

thank you so much this makes sense to me. i was confused at first when the goal just started then hours later its another day gone.