Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 03/16: Trial of Virtues (main story) | goals on page 1

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by xiq24 View Post
    I would look at it the other way around, you were extremely lucky at the beginning. The event is finished for me, and I got no more than 3 holy herbs from Harpies all together.
    Since the holy herbs have been a rare drop from defeating Harpies, I was sure I have have the amount needed at end of quest if I visited Ivy twice a day. This was my planned strategy. I collected 2x a day and at the end, I am short 10 holy herbs! Come on, Castle Story! You don’t expect me to use 200 gems to complete this quest? Do you.? I don’t. Very frustrating to be held up at the end of this quest. No more battles that that silly bird, no happy quest ending for Rosebuds Angel…( sob,sob,,,lol)������������

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzytish24 View Post
    Since the holy herbs have been a rare drop from defeating Harpies, I was sure I have have the amount needed at end of quest if I visited Ivy twice a day. This was my planned strategy. I collected 2x a day and at the end, I am short 10 holy herbs! Come on, Castle Story! You don’t expect me to use 200 gems to complete this quest? Do you.? I don’t. Very frustrating to be held up at the end of this quest. No more battles that that silly bird, no happy quest ending for Rosebuds Angel…( sob,sob,,,lol)������������
    I have a question. Does Ivy’s hut stop producing holy herbs at a certain point in the story line?

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    It stops only when you're finished. Ivy is a guaranteed drop from when it's first needed till the end. It drops in between parts too. I've lots of notes on page 1 in the Part 1 post.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    It stops only when you're finished. Ivy is a guaranteed drop from when it's first needed till the end. It drops in between parts too. I've lots of notes on page 1 in the Part 1 post.
    Thanks. I will read the first page. But then i don?t understand the frustration of not being able to finish the quest. It only takes 5 more days to collect 10 holy herbs? Or am I wrong?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by vlindertje58 View Post
    Thanks. I will read the first page. But then i don?t understand the frustration of not being able to finish the quest. It only takes 5 more days to collect 10 holy herbs? Or am I wrong?
    Yes, but if you start the timed goal without a Holy Herb buffer, so you are not allowed to miss more then a couple of collections for weeks (for part III, 5 exactly over 45 days)! Hence: carful planning and timed login. The frustration comes from heading in without checking the constraints and missing the goal. A time goals is per definition time bound, so you must make a little math to now if you can afford it (which lizzytish24 did not, if you are 10 short, that means you missed 15 collections during the 45 days of the timed goal). The goal is possible straight out, but you must be very vigilant, ordered and timed. I started part III with 10 days delay to align with an event, so I have enough buffer to miss a few Ivy's collection. I could have started straight on, but would not have finish faster!
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Farm Supplier
    Thank you. Now I understand why lizzytish24 is frustrated. And I will certainly wait long enough to have a lot of holy herbs before I start the timed goal.

What does the brave Tuftkin drop?

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stonecast1935 View Post
    What does the brave Tuftkin drop?
    I keep forgetting to collect from it. Earth wisp is one drop. I'll move it to a more visible place to track drops. It has a 22 hour timer so it's going to take a while.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    I keep forgetting to collect from it. Earth wisp is one drop. I'll move it to a more visible place to track drops. It has a 22 hour timer so it's going to take a while.
    Thank you! You are the best!

Nightclub Owner
    I updated the the part III information: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1691216
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...