Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 03/09: Monster Hunt s49 & LB | event information on page 1

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gustafrog1 View Post
    No there was extra maintenance this morning as well, i was locked out of both accounts as well.
    Oh ok, thanks for the update. I wasn't aware of any additional down time.

What a waste of time and energy. Amassed over 9,000 points and 6th place. A couple of trade tickets and an energy crate. I am just about finished wasting my time with this game.

Executive Chef
    Hard fought battle for first place but I ceded it to a stronger and wilier player at about 11,000 point and took second. No one else got over 3000 points. I played partly for Anubis, but also to replenish my gold tokens and pick up gems and gold nuggets along the way. (The gems more than covered the one hour of boosts I tried at the end.)

And now my desert kingdom is nicely populated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	943A1F36-0175-4C16-9AED-B865D0ED3734.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	269.0 KB 
ID:	68237

Name:	59B8704B-3B0A-4E6D-B098-480E87310D3F.jpeg 
Views:	6 
Size:	211.0 KB 
ID:	68238 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ED28DB85-59CA-4F95-BAF2-B6E1760E3B21.jpeg 
Views:	7 
Size:	217.0 KB 
ID:	68239

Quote Originally Posted by GiselleX16 View Post
    Hard fought battle for first place but I ceded it to a stronger and wilier player at about 11,000 point and took second. No one else got over 3000 points. I played partly for Anubis, but also to replenish my gold tokens and pick up gems and gold nuggets along the way. (The gems more than covered the one hour of boosts I tried at the end.)

And now my desert kingdom is nicely populated.

Name:	943A1F36-0175-4C16-9AED-B865D0ED3734.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	269.0 KB 
ID:	68237

Name:	59B8704B-3B0A-4E6D-B098-480E87310D3F.jpeg 
Views:	6 
Size:	211.0 KB 
ID:	68238 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ED28DB85-59CA-4F95-BAF2-B6E1760E3B21.jpeg 
Views:	7 
Size:	217.0 KB 
ID:	68239
    I tied with a neighbor for second place at 30,000 points. First place was at 45,000. It was a good MH. I managed to harvest enough Troll Tokens to craft an armored Anubis, two Armored Shade Beasts and have enough left over to do the final upgrade for my Wizard Portals

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by negncic View Post
    What a waste of time and energy. Amassed over 9,000 points and 6th place. A couple of trade tickets and an energy crate. I am just about finished wasting my time with this game.
    I can attest to the advice I've seen in this forum before: after the event starts, don't play right away. Give it a few hours if not an entire day. You will almost always be placed in a less competitive group. I know it sounds counterintuitive because you are losing an entire day of playing, but if you want to win, that is the way to go in my opinion. I actually waited a few days on my older account. I got placed in a very non-competitive group and easily took first. Yes, I had to work really hard to reach the final milestone, but it was doable.

My brand new account (this one) was put in a leaderboard with only 4 players. I actually started the event on this account very shortly after the event started. I'm assuming that the other people in my group were also newer players, but I didn't visit them to find out. I easily won on this account, too, and now I have an energy dropper (the Anubis) to help me get this kingdom get a good start!

Rhino Keeper
    I started late on both accounts (over a day), one never stood a chance but the other was first within a day. Then with 3 hours to go with only 2849 points but about 550 points ahead of no. 2 went to bed. I finished second, but to someone who didnt compete during the week but finished with 4359 points! Its a shame the people who actually need an energy dropper lose out to the ones with plenty of energy. The leaderboards would be better grouped on the basis of points acquired the previous monster hunt. Or the prize should be for esthetic purpose only, while the final goal prize is the energy dropper.
    But im glad my lesser account got the anubis, now it wont fall behind as much

Rhino Keeper
    I personally believe it does not matter when you decide to start a MH. In the past I have not logged into my game and started a MH three days late and still was placed in an extremely competitive group. I honestly believe it is just the randomness of the game just like the drops and the Barons Tent. Just my opinion. Congratulations to all who won Anubis.

Rhino Keeper
    Really does matter on group. I took 3rd with close to 30000 points with First and Second at around 49000 and 44000. Gave up several days before end as competing with Kingdoms with herds of Alicorns seems to be futile.

Executive Chef
    LOL, today my opponent asked to be a neighbor. I’m pretty sure we’ve been on teams in previous MH’s; it’s an iconic name. Maybe we can collaborate on a tie in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by xiq24 View Post
    the game goes into maintenance less than 5 minutes after I take the 10 gems boost

it happened twice already this week.
    S8 doesn't even have the decency to send warnings ahead of any maintenance (like most other games do)
    but I guess it is too much to ask from a company that shows so little respect to their customers
    Please write into support for assistance. Link is in my signature. Thank you!
    Storm8 Staff - [S8] HungryGoblin
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com and submit a request
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast