View Poll Results: What is Your Opinion on the Omitted 9th Box Prize?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave it out - I prefer having 8 prizes in a box

0 0%
  • Leave it in - keep all 9 prizes in the brought-over boxes

4 44.44%
  • Add it to the market as a coin-priced item

7 77.78%
  • Add it to the market as a gem-priced item

2 22.22%
  • Make it available as a limited-time offer in the game

2 22.22%
  • Other (comment in the thread!)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: BOX: Valentine Chest II - 2023 Feb. 14

Nightclub Owner

BOX: Valentine Chest II - 2023 Feb. 14

New Mystery Box
    Now Removed
    Copy of RS Mystery Crate

Valentine Chest II currently on sale at 16 Gems for 7 days *box was removed after this sale*

Valentine Chest II Contents:

Common (4th Prize, 54%):
    Pink Bear Cupid - 1x1
    Heart Rabbit - 1x1
    Valentine Mailbox - 1x1

Uncommon (3rd Prize, 35%):
    Love Test - 1x1 *was Love Game in RS*
    Lovely Delivery - 2x1 *was Special Delivery in RS*

Rare (2nd Prize, 10%):
    Dinner for Two - 2x2
    Cupid Fountain - 3x3

Exceptional (1st Prize, 1%):
    Romantic Mixer Lounge - 4x4

Notes:
    • BS Version of box does not include the Candy Heart Flowers that the RS version does
    • This box name was a repeat, team added a II after the name to minimize confusion
    • Mystery Box was originally released in RS so info & images are taken from there.
    • RS Master Box Guide info on Valentine Chest II- here.
    • RS original release thread - here

If anyone finds any differences between the RS items and the BS versions, let me know and I'll update the info. Thanks!

Inventory/Market Cards:
    Spoiler: show

Decos on Display:
    Spoiler: show
    Images are from RS release

USEFUL LINKS:

Have a non-goal related question?
    BS Help Me is what you're looking for.
    Looking for new neighbors?
    BS Add Me Thread is your best bet.
    Experiencing a Bug in your game?
    BS Bugs Forum is where to report.
    New to the game or just looking for a refresh?
    BS Game Guide is full of useful info and links.
    Need to contact the team directly for a support issue?
    Storm8 Support Ticket will get you started.
    Want to convert goal times to local time?
    Time Zone Converter will help with that.
    Unsure of the rules and regulations?
    Forum Rules explains them.
    Popular Links:
    BS Goal Speculation Calendar / Daily Gem Videos / BS Master Box Guide / BS Speculation Thread / BS Neighbors and Etiquette / BS Suggestion & Feedback Forum / Financial Analysis of Goals
    Common Issue Links:
    SweetCo Goal Issue - FIXED! / No Notifications / Videos with Issues / Goal Deco STUCK on board

Nightclub Owner
    EDIT: All info/images are up - if anyone finds any differences in the BS items, please share.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    In case players don't see the note in the first post, I didn't get a pop up for this one so it will be added if/when I do.

Also, this means I have no idea which of the 4th prize items will be left out of the BS version of the box so I've listed them all for now. I would suspect it will be the Love Game since we've already got a deco with that name in BS but that's a 3rd prize item so I'm truly lost right now, lol!

I'll update the first post with the info as soon as I get it and the images will be added tomorrow morning when I have a free minute. Until then, please visit the RS forum via the links in the first post to see the images.
    Hi Annira, I have the pop up and it's the Candy Heart Flowers that is missing.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B56A8946-B2EC-4156-9F94-E780ADC15F79.jpeg 
Views:	62 
Size:	268.7 KB 
ID:	67966
    Please do not send invites. I play actively on a bakery that is not associated with this ID.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by n6omiP View Post

Thanks! I'll get it added to the post tomorrow morning when I get home.

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    EDIT: All info/images are up - if anyone finds any differences in the BS items, please share.
    I'll flag over the duplicate prize names to request if they can be renamed to prevent confusion. If it worked for sandcastles in RS, hopefully it will work here

If it's not too much trouble, could you also let me know which items these share their names with? (Market item, a different box prize, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by n6omiP View Post

Coming off the discussion from the sale thread: the ported boxes tend to exclude their 9th prize when they're brought over. I'm curious if people would like to see the 9th prize, and how (keep it in the box as a prize; make it available as a limited-time offer, add it to the market for gems/coins, keep it excluded, etc). Maybe I should put up a poll on this thread?
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiegamer View Post
    I'll flag over the duplicate prize names to request if they can be renamed to prevent confusion. If it worked for sandcastles in RS, hopefully it will work here

If it's not too much trouble, could you also let me know which items these share their names with? (Market item, a different box prize, etc).

Coming off the discussion from the sale thread: the ported boxes tend to exclude their 9th prize when they're brought over. I'm curious if people would like to see the 9th prize, and how (keep it in the box as a prize; make it available as a limited-time offer, add it to the market for gems/coins, keep it excluded, etc). Maybe I should put up a poll on this thread?
    It would be nice to be able to buy the item if we wanted but even at a baseline, I'd like to know what the thought process is for eliminating anything at all when offering it to BS. Is it too difficult to bring the exact same crate/box/chest with the exact same items here from RS?

ETA: I just read your post from the other thread and that somewhat answers my question about why the removed item in BS. As you said though, I wish they'd just leave it or make it available for purchase. Posting here to continue discussion in the appropriate place

Poll Added

Mod Note

Hi all,

I have added a poll to this thread to gather public opinion on omitted box prizes. The poll is multiple choice (you can vote for multiple options, if you support different possible resolutions), and is completely anonymous.

Description: every mid-month, Bakery Story receives a box that was originally in Restaurant Story (and vice versa). While the original box in the other game features 9 possible prizes, the brought-over box only features 8, effectively leaving one prize "missing".

Would you like to see this missing prize brought over to the game? If so, how? Please vote in the poll above (you can choose multiple answers if you support different solutions). As always, you can also post/elaborate upon your opinion here within the thread as well regarding this topic. Thank you for your feedback!

If you are on a mobile site, you will need to either 'View Desktop Site' in your app settings, or scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'View Full Site' in order to see and participate in the poll. Polling will close in 7 Days (at approximately 1:23 PM PST on 22 February 2023).

Note: presently, this is just to gather information to see what people think about this topic - please take it lightheartedly Thank you!

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Nightclub Owner
    *snip* If it's not too much trouble, could you also let me know which items these share their names with? (Market item, a different box prize, etc). *snip*
    Special Delivery A was the 1st Prize in the Delivery Bag:

Name:	BS Special Delivery.PNG 
Views:	16 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	67976

Love Game A was a 3rd Prize in the original BS Valentine Chest:

Name:	BS Love Game A.PNG 
Views:	12 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	67975

UPDATE: The prizes in Bakery Story were released with new names:

'Special Delivery' from RS was released as 'Lovely Delivery' in Bakery
    'Love Game' from RS was released as 'Love Test' in Bakery

Additionally, the box name will soon be updated to 'Valentine Chest II' to prevent confusion.

If anybody opens the box and gets a prize with a duplicated name, please post back in this thread or PM so I can flag it over, but it appears the names issue was anticipated and preempted by the team.

Moving forward with RS --> Bakery ported boxes (and vice versa), the team will presumably review duplicated names before release as well. So, if there's future confusion regarding any potential item names, I can ask, but it shouldn't be considered a bug unless someone actually gets a prize with the wrong/duplicate name - just a small heads up.

Thanks!

Need Me? Send me a PM

Nightclub Owner
    UPDATE: The prizes in Bakery Story were released with new names:

'Special Delivery' from RS was released as 'Lovely Delivery' in Bakery
    'Love Game' from RS was released as 'Love Test' in Bakery

Additionally, the box name will soon be updated to 'Valentine Chest II' to prevent confusion.

If anybody opens the box and gets a prize with a duplicated name, please post back in this thread or PM so I can flag it over, but it appears the names issue was anticipated and preempted by the team.

Moving forward with RS --> Bakery ported boxes (and vice versa), the team will presumably review duplicated names before release as well. So, if there's future confusion regarding any potential item names, I can ask, but it shouldn't be considered a bug unless someone actually gets a prize with the wrong/duplicate name - just a small heads up.

Thanks!
    Thanks for the update Pixie!

I've changed the info in the first post with the new and correct names.