Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 02/09: Dawning Desire | event information on page 1

Fashion Designer
    Thank you both very much!! I'm currently working on Elemental part 3 (45 days) and finishing Candyland part 2 simultaneously (not on purpose lol), and both require willow, so I already had them on hand. Got 5 from 10 chops, then 4 from next, then I stopped paying attention. Gosh it will be great to get rid of the Acers. And then in two weeks we will need an Acer forest, I just know it, lol. Maybe I'll just cut half of them.

Since I'm also doing Council travelers brews and Academy other brews, the Aspens won't be amiss either. I can stop doing Willows for a while, already have enough to finish both Candyland 2 and Elemental 3. Am using a timer for Sparkling Mines for Elemental, which will play into this quest. When a person is foolish enough to start too many quests, at least they helpfully overlap, lol!

Just need to add a timer for Ivy. I hope I'm not too late, I only started today.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavenderdale View Post
    Do Aspens drop amazingly better than other trees ... like Willow, perhaps? Imma find out the hard way soon, just thought I'd ask. Also I have a ludicrous number of red acer trees that I dislike, but they never seem to be needed when I'm doing a quest, lol.
    Usually all trees drop the needed items doing the 2 wk events. If you don’t like the red acres chop them first, and grow which ever tree you want. I choose not to use willows or oaks because of the space (2x2) they take and some other trees only take 6 or 8 chops but the yield % is similar (ie. if it takes 10 chops to get 6 items you will also have to chop 10 times to get 6 items, which means if you chose trees that only have 6 chops you will need to chop 1 and 2/3 of those trees. Some trees take fewer visits to grow too. Depends on what type you like. The longer term storyline quests often use a particular type of tree and that is the only one that works for those items. I prefer the red acres, whereas I really don’t like the yellow acres, but that’s just me. Hope this info helps you Lavenderdale.

Executive Chef
    In the past, opening the faerie chests counted as chopping rocks. Now all of a sudden it doesn't. I call shenanigans.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    In the past, opening the faerie chests counted as chopping rocks. Now all of a sudden it doesn't. I call shenanigans.
    It's been quite a while since the fairie chests counted as rocks - maybe a couple of years. But it's not at all a recent change.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by GiselleX16 View Post
    It's been quite a while since the fairie chests counted as rocks - maybe a couple of years. But it's not at all a recent change.
    I've only been playing for 2 years..........
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Quote Originally Posted by shortdanzr View Post
    Can?t spawn skunks pines
    Help
    Skunkupine appearance is really bad in this one. Any other time they pop up as soon as I collect from a flower or chop a tree. Need better Skunkupine showing up S8.

Fashion Designer
    These back to back identikit "events" have just about finished off my love for this game.

The rewards are all pretty much useless as I have no need of crowns (it would be really cool if we could choose whether to receive crowns or, say, council scrolls!) and the drops are all things I am maxed out on all the time.

I started this event but I'm just going to sit it out now as there's absolutely no reward for a lot of effort. I'm not sure very long term players are at all valued.

(Apparently the perfectly normal, innocent word I used instead of "finished" was something that required asterisking out!)
    Last edited by idrispad; 02-11-23 at 09:00 AM.

Fashion Designer
    My favorite trees to chop for these events are the Crab Apple. It only takes 3 min between taps when growing them and they give you 10 chops each. I think I got 3 Shadowed Torches a tree.

Rhino Keeper
    Hey Spiritwind, Shouldn’t the reward for goal #9 be Orcus (not holiday fox)
    Feel free to add me as a neighbour

Fashion Designer
    Seems that because I need golden nuggets for the mini adventures all my usual nugget droppers have all gone on strike. Typical, and frustrating.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast