Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Financial Analysis of the 14 Day Goals

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by qtrubi View Post
    Maybe Storm8 can increase amount of customers based on size of bakery? Or based on stars? Also, maybe once a recipe is Mastered, then profit amount goes up? This would encourage new players to expand and master recipes..Is there anyway to suggest this to them.
    this is such a good idea!!!

Host(ess)
    The Final Side Goal Prize counts as a new floor decoration, as long as you complete it while doing Main Goal Part 4. Once you get The Final Side Goal Prize, close the app and reopen it again, and Part 4 floor decoration will be marked as completed.

I usually complete the Side Goal minus one dish, and cook the remaining dish while doing Main Goal Part 4.

So this falls right in line of what I was thinking. Every new goal recipe seems to give 4 coins, always 4 coins. Why couldn't that be more flexible i.e. six, eight, ten, or twelve coins? That would certainly help with the current losses and perhaps keep us afloat, or make a profit instead of keeping us at a constant loss 📉 .

New Resident
    This is a great summary!

Could you also include total cooking time calculations into "Table 1: Financial Analysis Up to Main Goal Completion Only" (since we know how long each recipe takes) and estimate how many appliances you actually have to build in order to finish the goals in time (even assuming 24/7 accessibility to the game a.k.a. no sleep breaks). Because I highly doubt 3 of each appliance would be enough, even if ignoring the time it takes to collect enough parts (maybe even resorting to tricks like https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1688930 )...

Thank you.

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Commaster View Post
    This is a great summary!

Could you also include total cooking time calculations into "Table 1: Financial Analysis Up to Main Goal Completion Only" (since we know how long each recipe takes) and estimate how many appliances you actually have to build in order to finish the goals in time (even assuming 24/7 accessibility to the game a.k.a. no sleep breaks). Because I highly doubt 3 of each appliance would be enough, even if ignoring the time it takes to collect enough parts (maybe even resorting to tricks like https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1688930 )...

Thank you.
    I can do this separately, sure
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

I really appreciate you taking the time to do the math,.like, I felt I was loosing money due to goals but had no exact idea on how much. I think they should higher-up the profit only and that's it, we are talking about fake money so I think is fair enough for everybody 🤷*♀️ TYSM once again!

Host(ess)
    Hold on, I'm table 4, with Bonus Goal to Mastery. But I (wisely) got 5 of the Loretta ovens right off the bat. It was a larger out lay, but they're paid for now.

So the goals only lose me $12,140 now. And the 2nd ovens have been really different lately. And some of the recipes have been great!

I've got an efficient layout and way too much food on the counters, goal to goal, I still have an increase in coins. The 5-day goals probably make up the difference.

Overall, I think it's worth doing the goals. Except having to buy 2-3 of the same floor decorations. That's just silly.

My question is, why are we even attempting goals?

Quote Originally Posted by pixiegamer View Post
    Summary/Conclusion

Sadly, any way you slice it, doing the main and bonus goals result in a net loss of coins

Best-case scenario, you're out at least -12,410 coins (not factoring in the cost of your floor decoration; after completing the bonus goal and mastering all goal recipes; and assuming you didn't have to buy an extra bonus goal appliance). Worst case scenario, you're out -481,340 coins (not factoring in the cost of your floor decoration; after completing the bonus goal cooking only as much as necessary; and assuming you didn't buy any extra appliances).

Main takeaway: if you're going into a 14-day goal with the intention of completing it, try to have at least 500,000 coins on hand; and be prepared to cook recipes outside of the goal to keep your coin balance up.

What About 5-Day Goals and Side Goals?

Generally speaking: because Side Goal requirements are usually on basic appliances (which most people already have, or are otherwise relatively cheap to purchase), side goals are usually fairly profitable and can help bolster your coin balance/offset the main goal cost if you choose to do them. Because they don't ask you to purchase anything, they won't result in a coin loss unless you buy a truly significant number of appliances for them. However, it's on a case-by-case basis whether a side goal would be actually profitable enough to cover the losses from the main and bonus goals.

5-Day goals, unfortunately, are so variable that it's difficult to get an analysis down Between the new recipes being added to appliances at varying price points, and the existing recipes you are asked to cook also frequently changing, the profitability really varies on a goal-by-goal basis. They are generally profitable as they only ask for the purchase of one (1) extra appliance, but exactly how profitable depends on the appliance cost and what recipes are asked to be cooked.
    The prizes are not things I display most of the time and why is Storm 8 being so ridiculous on the changes they?ve made? It makes no sense to keep losing coins on this garbage! They never listen to the players on the feedback they get

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiegamer View Post
    I can do this separately, sure
    I tried doing the latest goal with 3 of the first appliance and 4 of the second appliance and was still unable to finish in time.
    Also I used the parts trick I mentioned so my coins balance is even worse than estimated.

Are we sure it is possible to finish all goals in time with just 3 of each appliance?

Of course not :(

Quote Originally Posted by Commaster View Post
    Are we sure it is possible to finish all goals in time with just 3 of each appliance?
    Of course not, the amount of recipes & time to cook needed will never allow us to finish just by having 3 ovens, I personally think it is not possible 👀

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast