Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Financial Analysis of the 14 Day Goals

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar

Financial Analysis of the 14 Day Goals

Financial Analysis of the 14-Day Goals

Overview

With the 14-Day goal requirements having somewhat stabilized in Bakery Story, I decided to put together a financial analysis to see how profitable (or rather... spoiler alert: unprofitable) the present 14-day goals are in Bakery Story. Buckle up folks; it's bumpy.

Please note the following:
    • This is accurate for the 14-day goals as of January 19, 2023. Item prices and goal requirements are subject to change. This analysis may not be accurate in the future if the team decides to change requirements again.
    • As of January 19, 2023, the 14-day goal requirements in Bakery Story and Restaurant Story are identical - so, this analysis is applicable to the 14-day goals in Restaurant Story as well.

Acknowledgments

A big big big thank you to AnnirasSweets, without whose dedicated goal walkthrough postings I wouldn't have been able to figure out that (a) the goal structure had stabilized, and (b) the requirements between Restaurant Story and Bakery Story goals had become the same.

Another huge thank you to VanaCatu who pioneered these kinds of financial analyses. Mine isn't nearly as nice as hers, but the tables she published were of immense help (and significantly less complicated than the ones I initially ventured out to make).

Table Interpretation

There are a total of four (4) tables in this analysis:
    1. Financial Analysis Up to Main Goal Completion Only
      - Cooking only as many recipes as required by the main goal
    2. Financial Analysis of Main Goal + Recipe Mastery
      - Cooking the recipes to mastery beyond main goal requirements
    3. Financial Analysis Up to Bonus Goal Completion Only
      - Cooking only as many recipes as required by the main goal and bonus goal
    4. Financial Analysis of Main Goal + Bonus Goal + Recipe Mastery
      - Cooking the main recipes and bonus recipe to mastery beyond main and bonus goal requirements

Furthermore, each table is divided into 3 separate sections:
    • Goal Requirements (omitting recipes)
    • Recipe Requirements (including any mastery rewards)
    • Bonus Goal Requirements **tables 3 and 4 only

Because there are four, I'm giving each table its own heading and putting it in its own spoiler tag. I'm also giving a small summary of findings in each heading in case people don't want to go line by line through the table.
    Last edited by pixiegamer; 01-27-23 at 10:07 AM.

Table 1: Financial Analysis Up to Main Goal Completion Only

This is for those bakers who attempt the main goal and cook/buy only as much as strictly necessary to complete the main goal, before putting items/appliances in storage and moving straight to the next goal.

Outcome: Net loss of -468,010 coins* and net profit of +5 gems

*This is assuming you buy the exact wallpapers/flooring the goal suggests, and ONLY two of each appliance to just satisfy the goal requirement
    *You will lose fewer coins if you buy cheaper wallpapers/flooring
    *You will lose more coins if you buy more appliances
    **Step 4 in the Main Goal calls for the buying of any floor decoration. The table DOES NOT TAKE THIS COST INTO ACCOUNT because it is so variable (players can buy as cheap or as expensive as they want, for coins or gems, etc). If you buy a floor decoration for coins to satisfy Goal Step #4, this also digs into your profits!!

Spoiler: show

Table 2: Financial Analysis of Main Goal + Recipe Mastery

This is for those bakers who complete the main goal and continue cooking the main goal recipes until they are mastered. A recipe takes 83 cooks to master, and along the way rewards 2 gems and 12000 coins as part of mastery rewards.

Outcome: Net loss of -92,910 coins* and net profit of +12 gems

*This is assuming you buy the exact wallpapers/flooring the goal suggests, and ONLY two of each appliance to just satisfy the goal requirement
    **Step 4 in the Main Goal calls for the buying of any floor decoration. The table DOES NOT TAKE THIS COST INTO ACCOUNT because it is so variable (players can buy as cheap or as expensive as they want, for coins or gems, etc). If you buy a floor decoration for coins to satisfy Goal Step #4, this also digs into your profits!!

Last edited by pixiegamer; 01-19-23 at 02:50 PM.

Bakery Story recently introduced the concept of a "Bonus Goal" that unlocks for players after they have completed the Main Goal. Since these have remained fairly consistent with their pricing/rewards since their introduction, I have included these in the analyses below:

Table 3: Financial Analysis Up to Bonus Goal Completion Only

This is for those bakers who cook/buy only as much as strictly necessary to complete the main goal, and only as much as strictly necessary to complete the bonus goal.

Outcome: Net loss of -481,340 coins* and net profit of +5 gems

*This is also assuming you are buying a bonus goal appliance. If you have this appliance already purchased (example: Loretta's Oven in Bakery Story), you can complete the bonus goal without having to buy an additional appliance. This would bring your net loss to -446,340**

Table 4: Financial Analysis of Main Goal + Bonus Goal + Recipe Mastery

This is for those bakers who complete the main goal and bonus goal, and continue cooking the new recipes until they are mastered. A recipe takes 83 cooks to master, and along the way rewards 2 gems and 12000 coins as part of mastery rewards.

Outcome: Net loss of -47,140 coins* and net profit of +14 gems

*This is also assuming you are buying a bonus goal appliance. If you have this appliance already purchased (example: Loretta's Oven in Bakery Story), you can complete the bonus goal without having to buy an additional appliance. This would bring your net loss to -12,140**

Summary/Conclusion

Sadly, any way you slice it, doing the main and bonus goals result in a net loss of coins

Best-case scenario, you're out at least -12,410 coins (not factoring in the cost of your floor decoration; after completing the bonus goal and mastering all goal recipes; and assuming you didn't have to buy an extra bonus goal appliance). Worst case scenario, you're out -481,340 coins (not factoring in the cost of your floor decoration; after completing the bonus goal cooking only as much as necessary; and assuming you didn't buy any extra appliances).

Main takeaway: if you're going into a 14-day goal with the intention of completing it, try to have at least 500,000 coins on hand; and be prepared to cook recipes outside of the goal to keep your coin balance up.

What About 5-Day Goals and Side Goals?

Generally speaking: because Side Goal requirements are usually on basic appliances (which most people already have, or are otherwise relatively cheap to purchase), side goals are usually fairly profitable and can help bolster your coin balance/offset the main goal cost if you choose to do them. Because they don't ask you to purchase anything, they won't result in a coin loss unless you buy a truly significant number of appliances for them. However, it's on a case-by-case basis whether a side goal would be actually profitable enough to cover the losses from the main and bonus goals.

5-Day goals, unfortunately, are so variable that it's difficult to get an analysis down Between the new recipes being added to appliances at varying price points, and the existing recipes you are asked to cook also frequently changing, the profitability really varies on a goal-by-goal basis. They are generally profitable as they only ask for the purchase of one (1) extra appliance, but exactly how profitable depends on the appliance cost and what recipes are asked to be cooked.
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Fashion Designer
    Thank you for doing this analysis! I never did financial analysis thoroughly but I realized that usually the amount of coins I have never really went anywhere but down by 100k or so :/

May I add that for the floor decoration, just buy a counter (I usually bought the goal one). It'll count as floor deco and also count for later step so you don't have to spend extra coins for the goal

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Daengel View Post
    Thank you for doing this analysis! I never did financial analysis thoroughly but I realized that usually the amount of coins I have never really went anywhere but down by 100k or so :/

May I add that for the floor decoration, just buy a counter (I usually bought the goal one). It'll count as floor deco and also count for later step so you don't have to spend extra coins for the goal
    It also works with purchasing a chair too! I tried it this goal and purchased the new chair that became available with the goal. It sufficed for the "buy 1 floor deco" requirement. I'm thinking it will work with the table as well but have not confirmed. I'll likely try it the next goal though.
    Please do not send invites. I play actively on a bakery that is not associated with this ID.

Quote Originally Posted by Daengel View Post

Quote Originally Posted by n6omiP View Post
    It also works with purchasing a chair too! I tried it this goal and purchased the new chair that became available with the goal. It sufficed for the "buy 1 floor deco" requirement. I'm thinking it will work with the table as well but have not confirmed. I'll likely try it the next goal though.
    These are both fantastic tips - thank you for sharing I'm definitely going to try buying a table next time to satisfy this requirement.

This doesn't change the reported numbers above (the cost was marked as 0 for this particular step, and buying a counter or chair as you both suggested wouldn't change this number as Daengel pointed out), but it's incredibly helpful to know that we don't have to spend extra coins in this step

UPDATE: I tried this out in Restaurant Story, and can confirm that buying a table also satisfies the 'Buy Any Floor Decoration' step and counts towards the later 'Have 4 Tables' goal. Hooray for coin savings!
    Last edited by pixiegamer; 01-20-23 at 01:17 PM.
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks for this!

That's why I don't play goals for a while. I started the recent goal but I regretted it immediatelly. The amouth of coins lost for items I will never use is absurd.

Host(ess)
    Maybe Storm8 can increase amount of customers based on size of bakery? Or based on stars? Also, maybe once a recipe is Mastered, then profit amount goes up? This would encourage new players to expand and master recipes..Is there anyway to suggest this to them.

Muy interesante gracias pixiegamer por tu aporte.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast