Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 01/05: Monster Hunt S47 & Leaderboard | prize info on page 1

Rhino Keeper
    I am having a issue with the leaderboard, the only way I can get out of it is to restart the game, is anyone else having that issue? It’s very irritating!

Fashion Designer
    Isn't that the way it always goes? Crafted this hunt's featured item using golden nuggets, and not one nugget has dropped since. Lots of golden apples and eggs though, which are used far less often than the elusive golden nuggets. And Lorilai's fountain is yet to drop a troll token. Frustrated!

Farm Supplier
    The Snowy Owlbear can also spawn a Fangbeast. 1/3 collections so far.

Farm Supplier
    Anyone know what the Snowy Owlbear spawns from please? I've tried collecting from virtually everything and also chopping! I'm not spending all my jewels on traps for them!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepster View Post
    Anyone know what the Snowy Owlbear spawns from please? I've tried collecting from virtually everything and also chopping! I'm not spending all my jewels on traps for them!
    Pigs, Cows
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepster View Post
    I got lots from cows. Black cows and royal cows spawn more than white or regular black & white. Bonus also spawn fangbeasts, though I never try spawning them for the novice daily goal, it wastes too many energy. Also I prefer to just spawn golems from horses and aim to get as many gold troll tokens I can. (It's a better use of energy, unless you really want to use other resources and craft the helmet, swords etc hoping to gain more points on board) Hope this helps.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by GiselleX16 View Post
    Oh bleep bleep bleep - I just accidentally started a cooking camp while meaning to craft a gold token. Bleep Bleep. I may just gem it out later today. I do not need a cooking camp!

(I did contact support to see if they can fix my slippery finger mistake.)
    Got me too! Maxed shield tokens to trade for a gold token and surprise selected cooking camp. Hopefully the craft goes away after its finished.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by JD_Lindsey View Post
    Got me too! Maxed shield tokens to trade for a gold token and surprise selected cooking camp. Hopefully the craft goes away after its finished.
    Yes, the craft does go away so at least I will never make that mistake again! New task in the book to place the cooking camp, which I?m ignoring until I know outcome of ticket.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Reminder: Discussing support tickets is not allowed on the forum in line with forum rules which includes how tickets are resolved. Thanks

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by idrispad View Post
    I remember really wanting that cooking camp. By the time I had enough tokens spare to craft it (having used many to craft energy droppers), I had no need of it! Same goes for the second cabbage hut.
    I did the opposite, saved and saved to make the cooking camp, still using it, and only now getting around to crafting energy droppers, lol. I'm wondering now if the energy droppers would have overcome the need for it, as all the high level players advised against it, lol.

But it took me forever to get tokens. Like some others I was "doing it wrong." I get about 150 energy from my army of small daily suppliers (unicorns, aquatic alicorns, etc) and have only 5 weeklies. I can expend my daily energy in just one "round" of collecting from my *important* droppers (which does not include jewelers, minks, feather sources, cows, chickens, not even sawmill.)

After months of playing I finally learned that the only way for me to have enough energy for events was to stop doing ANY routine collections and focus ALL of my energy on the event. I actually had to put away my crafting buildings at first, to stop my obsessive use, lol.

But then, I was also slow to learn about other things. I thought when I had 99 fellora blossoms there was no point in planting more! I didn't know those were the major source of income and I could have been collecting like 80k coins every two days. you all have my permission to laugh at my noobiness lol.

It also took me a while to learn that there was no point in ****ing anything BUT golems during monster hunts. I thought I needed to seek out better sources of sword tokens. but the golem drops them and it works out eventually.

I still have a hard time resisting other collections. It is not possible to progress on main story "quests" except the last days of an event when I only need ivy or camp to finish. and weekend warrior. or sitting out an event. But I think the purpose of Castle Story is not the quests. Once you get past the fairies and such, the later ones such as the mermaid, land and sea, marsh, audra and now gnome are high-spending events meant for long-time players. (Any square that costs over 1m coins is "high spending" in my mind, lol!) To me they are "side goals" aimed at people with lots of energy and coins. That may not be how the developers see it, but I do. The Candy and Scorpion quests have so far been a nice surprise.

The first time I skipped an event was Halloween 2018. A terrible decision as there were SO MANY decorations you could make. But coming back in november 2022, I have skipped two events because the final rewards were "possibility of" dropping trade tickets or expansion permits. I remember how excited I was when I got earth wisp droppers from events, and now I have plenty and don't need more for my plodding speed of gameplay, lol. ShibuyaCloth warned us that the recent Fortune event was identical to a Very Heavy energy demanding event from before ... and the reward did not excite me. So I sat it out,no regrets.
    Last edited by Lavenderdale; 01-08-23 at 03:24 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast