Thread: What is up with these dragon names?

Executive Chef

What is up with these dragon names?

First, I would like to say that I am really enjoying a lot of the new dragons that are coming out. I wasn't sure how things would change after Flatfoot left, but I think that the new artist or artists are doing a good job!

I am, however, wondering if there is something going on with the naming of some of the dragons. For instance, at Christmas we had the "Lavis" dragon. I'm quite sure that it is supposed to be "Lavish." "Lavis" isn't a word. Now we have the "Dowager" dragon, which is a cute, brightly colored dragon covered in baby dragons. A dowager, by definition, is a widow who has inherited property from her husband. Now obviously a widow can have children, grandchildren, or great-grandchildren, but I just don't see how the name fits the dragon.

I was confused by a number of the new cosmic type dragon names, too, but I did research and found out that most of them were named after constellations and nebulas, so they check out.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Community Manager [S8] Vanellope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    First, I would like to say that I am really enjoying a lot of the new dragons that are coming out. I wasn't sure how things would change after Flatfoot left, but I think that the new artist or artists are doing a good job!

I am, however, wondering if there is something going on with the naming of some of the dragons. For instance, at Christmas we had the "Lavis" dragon. I'm quite sure that it is supposed to be "Lavish." "Lavis" isn't a word. Now we have the "Dowager" dragon, which is a cute, brightly colored dragon covered in baby dragons. A dowager, by definition, is a widow who has inherited property from her husband. Now obviously a widow can have children, grandchildren, or great-grandchildren, but I just don't see how the name fits the dragon.

I was confused by a number of the new cosmic type dragon names, too, but I did research and found out that most of them were named after constellations and nebulas, so they check out.
    Thank you for the feedback! I can forward this over to the team and see what they have to say, but these may have been intentional.

Executive Chef
    Thank you, Vanellope!
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Rhino Keeper
    With the millions of dragons released I'm surprised they haven't ran out of names for new dragons, lol. Whomever took over for Flatfoot is doing one wonderful job with the designs especially all the dragons involved in the Crowning Achievement Dragon Tales. Court, Law, Sea Snake and Treasury deserve an award for the best of 2023 and we're just starting the year.

Farm Supplier
    And now we have a spunky dragon XD
    I want it just because it’s called that lol

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kirsty05050 View Post
    And now we have a spunky dragon XD
    I want it just because it’s called that lol
    Lol!

In the end of the story, the reason the "Dowager" dragon was named that became more apparent. I do still think that "Lavis" was a misspelling of Lavish, though.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by northernlight412 View Post
    With the millions of dragons released I'm surprised they haven't ran out of names for new dragons, lol. Whomever took over for Flatfoot is doing one wonderful job with the designs especially all the dragons involved in the Crowning Achievement Dragon Tales. Court, Law, Sea Snake and Treasury deserve an award for the best of 2023 and we're just starting the year.
    I agree, I think he is doing a tremendous job. Happy to hear that I left you all in good hands

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by FlatFoot View Post
    I agree, I think he is doing a tremendous job. Happy to hear that I left you all in good hands
    Holy cow, I can't believe we had a visit from Flatfoot! (Even if it might have been in part to promote a new game - lol!) How exciting!

This month I have absolutely loved the flower habitats! I wish that I had room for them on all my islands, but I am currently maxed on habitats on all but one island. My new island got multiples of each.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by FlatFoot View Post
    All hail the legendary Nick aka FlatFoot. I still miss ya my guy and I will try out your new game. That FlatFoot Dragon is one tough little dragon in battles and a favorite of mine but, then again, the black/blue dragons were your strong dragon designs. Loved em. Thank you for your legendary contributions to Dragon Story.

Rhino Keeper
    I miss you all as well, seriously. Love my Dragon family <3 Awesome to hear that the Flatfoot Dragon kicks butt!!! haha