Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 12/19: 12 Days of Deals

Rhino Keeper
    Last time the Alicorns were 600 gems 300 if it was on sale. It's what all the stores do. As soon as deal times come around they bump up the actual price of said item then say they've taken a percentage of the price off so you think you're getting a deal. However as soon as deal times end the prices go back to normal. Very sneaky good marketing for those who don't keep tabs on the actual price

Rhino Keeper
    Regarding the price increase that we have expierenced the past few months on Gems and now on Sales as well, I think that the costs of running a business have increased for all businesses, and so they have to reflect that in their pricing. It's not just us (the consumers) that are facing inflation and a barely functioning economy, the businesses, even if they have a digital product, are facing problems too.
    That's not to say that I like the increase, because combined with my diminshed buying power, I end up purchasing a lot less than last year. This game has become quite an expensive hobby sadly, but I still hope that S8 will be able to keep things afloat! Whether or not I will be able to take advantage of these sales, I want to express that a 12-days sale with lots of desirable items is grand and wonderful, even if it means window-shopping for now. Thank you S8!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Katnessbella View Post
    yep that does look to be the building...

can anyone explain the expansion portion for me I know that sometimes when the exchange lowers its time they also do something about expansion but every time I've looked at my expansions they're still the same amount of materials nothing changes so am i missing something like is there a secret area to expand in
    Days 3 and 8 look like expansion sales. When a sale is announced, check this thread to see which specific plots are included: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...panding/page73

If you have already expanded to those plots, or if they are locked by unexpanded plots, you won?t be able to take advantage of the sale. Also I think when you click on a sale plot, it just shows the reduced cost without indicating the sale (they used to highlight the discount when it was half price but not since they reduced the discount).

Farm Supplier
    I didn't get the 12 Days of Deals advert in my game until 2pm est today. I received nothing yesterday to say that Alicorns were on sale so I didn't check the market. My Exchange was already in play so I can't tell what the boost is yet.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by doodlebug8 View Post
    I didn't get the 12 Days of Deals advert in my game until 2pm est today. I received nothing yesterday to say that Alicorns were on sale so I didn't check the market. My Exchange was already in play so I can't tell what the boost is yet.
    The Alicorns are gone from my market, and the new day has not yet appeared! So probably another hour wait.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by ARIS1969 View Post
    Winter Wizzard cost 2021 ----- 500 gems
    Winter Wizzard cost 2022 ----- 800 gems with discount 640 gems....

I don't see it like a deal ....
    Nope, the first time it went on sale it was 800 gems full price, maybe with the discount it was 500 gems.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Executive Chef
    I'm quite sure that the Mint Chip Alicorn was on sale for 600 gems last year. I have wanted one ever since I saw one in deadpixel's Queendom. So almost 2 years now. I talked myself out of it last year. I think 600 gems is absolutely ridiculous. That being said, I got a good sized check yesterday, and while I really hated to support this price gouging, I decided that 2 years was long enough to wait, so I got *1* Mint Chip Alicorn for my main account.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Executive Chef
    I got my Mint Chip Alicorn in the June 2020 Baron?s tent and it is my favorite. I also have Aquatic and Glimmer; decided Pastel was too bland so am saving my gems to see what else shows up. Does anyone recognize the outlines of the buildings other than the Gold Mine? I can?t match them with ones I have.

I have been playing a looooong time and got everything without real $$.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	54183CDB-B5CA-4F9B-90EC-80D3F0D56701.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	226.2 KB 
ID:	67060
    Last edited by GiselleX16; 12-20-22 at 01:11 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by GiselleX16 View Post
    Does anyone recognize the outlines of the buildings other than the Gold Mine? I can’t match them with ones I have.
    I believe:
    Day 5 is the Council Chambers

Name:	383EECB3-44BF-4F9C-A80E-638DCA98544D.jpeg 
Views:	17 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	67061 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5C230870-218E-40EF-9844-2EA478E891E9.jpeg 
Views:	17 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	67062

Day 9 is the Academy

Name:	86611840-1A92-4FD4-9861-71100BA815D5.jpeg 
Views:	18 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	67063 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3F141AFC-6ED7-45D5-93E9-5660254F5FAB.jpeg 
Views:	11 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	67064

Not sure if it will be a sale on the Council Members/Students or a sale on ways to get the different scrolls. I am definitely hoping for the latter.
    Last edited by SylvanSanctuary; 12-20-22 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Added images

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by GiselleX16 View Post
    I got my Mint Chip Alicorn in the June 2020 Baron?s tent and it is my favorite. I also have Aquatic and Glimmer; decided Pastel was too bland so am saving my gems to see what else shows up. Does anyone recognize the outlines of the buildings other than the Gold Mine? I can?t match them with ones I have.

I have been playing a looooong time and got everything without real $$.

Name:	54183CDB-B5CA-4F9B-90EC-80D3F0D56701.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	226.2 KB 
ID:	67060
    Yes, that is what was kind of frustrating for me. deadpixel said she got her MCAs from the Baron's Tent. Then they want to charge the rest of us an arm and a leg for something that we just had the misfortune of missing out on because we weren't playing at that time. Oh well. I think Pastel is pretty, and it doesn't have the goofy grin of the Glimmer.

I'm also having a hard time figuring out what the future sales might be, but excited to find out on some of them.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast