Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 12/15: Monster Hunt s46 & Leaderboard | info on page 1

Executive Chef
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	354A62D1-8379-4741-BC18-9E1601B942D0.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	197.4 KB 
ID:	67043
    Long term goal completed. Apparently I got them for their looks, but I'm still glad I've got a possibility for gold nuggets.

I like the puffs of smoke animation.
    Last edited by riverly; 12-18-22 at 09:17 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    I never focus on Fangbeasts, at least 99% of the time I don't even finish the daily goal. Anyway the 5 extra Token is a drop in the sea. An most of the time I am maxed out on staffs tokens anyway. If you have plenty of energy, don't bother. This would have been different of the daily would drop sword tokens.
    Agree, get some extra horses, and just continue with tokens. You'll be ahead on gold token trades overall instead of spending energy trying to clear that daily goal.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Executive Chef
    Is the Gorgon a weekly or a daily energy dropper? The MRC doesn't give any info. If a daily, I will continue to max out the armored dire boars, but if it's a weekly it's easier to get one with 80 gold tokens instead of the 99 a boar takes.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    Is the Gorgon a weekly or a daily energy dropper? The MRC doesn't give any info. If a daily, I will continue to max out the armored dire boars, but if it's a weekly it's easier to get one with 80 gold tokens instead of the 99 a boar takes.
    They are daily energy droppers. So far, their drops have been 5 and above, not the 2 energy point types. On average, you'd be collecting more than 40 points a week, so they give out more than the weekly droppers.

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    I never focus on Fangbeasts, at least 99% of the time I don't even finish the daily goal. Anyway the 5 extra Token is a drop in the sea. An most of the time I am maxed out on staffs tokens anyway. If you have plenty of energy, don't bother. This would have been different of the daily would drop sword tokens.
    I always have plenty of sword and shield tokens and am short on staff tokens. Always. When I do the silver trade, I only get one or two staff tokens.

No offense to you, but saying just ignore them seems like a crappy option. Those quests shouldn?t be that hard to finish that people just ignore them. To me, it seems like Storm8 is doing it to get people to buy fangbeast traps. Like many of the other money grabs, that sits badly with me. I really hope they will fix this issue.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    There's nothing to fix as spawn rates are fixed. If you are specifically trying to clear the goal then only cows and pigs spawn foxes. Chickens don't (well as far as I know they never have but I don't have chickens on my board so...). The goals are daily and chasing fangbeasts unless you have other goals that need their drops is a waste of energy. If they spawn organically then great but actively trying to complete that goal daily is way too stressful for me and I never do. We all have different playing styles and that's ok.

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    There's nothing to fix as spawn rates are fixed. If you are specifically trying to clear the goal then only cows and pigs spawn foxes. Chickens don't (well as far as I know they never have but I don't have chickens on my board so...). The goals are daily and chasing fangbeasts unless you have other goals that need their drops is a waste of energy. If they spawn organically then great but actively trying to complete that goal daily is way too stressful for me and I never do. We all have different playing styles and that's ok.
    That is how it?s been before. But now chickens spawn foxes and cows have spawned nothing for me since the beastmaster event began (0 spawns for about 40 cows at a time). The spawn rates HAVE changed for this current version. Chickens never used to spawn the beastmaster main enemy and cows always have spawned it. Something has changed in this version. I suppose that it could be an intentional change, but if so, that would be a crappy thing to do (IMO).

Yes we all have different play styles, and I am a completionist. I like to finish the quests. The fact that it is too stressful for you just proves my point. Why make a daily quest that even people with a lot of extra energy avoid because it?s too hard to finish? Why call it a novice quest when it?s the hardest to finish? If it was an intentional change, then I would like to know. If it was unintentional, then it?s a bug that needs to be fixed.

Executive Chef
    And farm houses spawn both foxes and fangbeasts.

Thanks for the good information as always, deadpixel!

Hope you feel better soon, lemracafe!
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadedldy View Post
    But now chickens spawn foxes and cows have spawned nothing for me since the beastmaster event began (0 spawns for about 40 cows at a time). The spawn rates HAVE changed for this current version. Chickens never used to spawn the beastmaster main enemy and cows always have spawned it. Something has changed in this version. I suppose that it could be an intentional change, but if so, that would be a crappy thing to do (IMO).
    fwiw the excess foxes began in the Woodland Holiday event, not Beastmaster. I was only able to get a handful of fangbeasts since that quest began. Not delightful since I need fangbeast items for traveler and benediction brews. But "it is what it is."

Regarding easy goals, there are what I call "red herring" quests starting very early in the game. Ones where you spend a boatload of energy, and the reward is 50 xp and 100 coins. It took me a while to learn to scrutinize rewards and realize that my desire to "do everything" on optional quests was consuming energy that I could be using for story quests which allowed me to progress.

What that means is that there is a skunkupine still on my list waiting for me to stop being "Heartless" for 500k coins (I thought this was a joke!) which I instead spent on expansions. And it will be a Cold Day before the Baron gets his birthday present of 10 gold bars (requires 100 nuggets iirc.) Same for Hammer Time (levelling up specific buildings) and another one. I stopped levelling stables, mines etc when I realized I wasn't getting more loot, just shaving a few minutes off the collection time. The only things I've fully levelled are my Wizard Schools (10 energy per drop? yes, please!) and Wizard Portal (and using gold troll tokens for that has kept me from a Cabbage Hut all of these years!)

Being a completionist is not for the faint of heart. I discovered that my late-life-onset impatience has outweighed my immense annoyance when I have to scroll past those incompleted quests every day, ha ha. So I try to overcome that by being reminding myself to be smug about it, lol.

It took me several monster hunts before I learned from the forum that I should not pursue the novice quest - I could have been working for Gold tokens all that time. I also didn't know that purple golems were the best method, even though it took me two login sessions to **** just ONE. (Advanced players who get vexed by "low level" quest requirements often forget that MANY of us work from only 40 energy every two hours. I have had to learn not to do "dailies" of collections during MH, and just focus on slaying, but it's difficult!) I get one nice, long session of 120+ xp once per day, when my various discount alicorns bought with Real Life money drop 4-6 energy each (plus an occasional windfall of 50-100.)

Lastly, a Word about leaderboards. With 40 energy every two hours (assuming you set a timer and play, including nightime) we don't have a snowball's chance at winning a monster if someone in our group has many alicorns, even if we pour money into gems. Because I have more time than money, LB prizes are simply out of my reach. It took a few rounds of being sad and frustrated and a bit resentful before I could accept that they were not going to happen and I should just put them out of my mind and concentrate only on Gold Tokens.

We are all playing a Different Game, and acknowledging that and being understanding and sympathetic can be part of that, if you want.

Fashion Designer
    I don't remember prior to this yr embedded in other events. I'm sure it makes finishing much harder for lower level or nrg poor players. Early on I resigned myself to no having any hope of winning MH/LB or finishing most events. I soon realised the value of daily nrg droppers. After a few acquisitions my fomo kicked in. I don't belittle others who may beat me and I have no time harsh messages from my MH/LB rivals. My ideal is all players be kind and welcoming just like the folks in the Glimmerwoods

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast