Thread: New Mystery Box exact duplicate

Nightclub Owner

New Mystery Box exact duplicate

Today's recycled RS Box - the Holiday Gift is a name already used in BS and the icon is an exact duplicate of the original BS version's icon as well.

To further compound the issue, both boxes are currently on sale in our Markets. Is there anyway we could get this looked at?

I've PM'd a Mod but in the name of expediency figured posting here as well ensures this issue may be seen quicker.

Pics of issue below.
    Today's RS version of Holiday Gift II icon:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Holiday Gift RS Version.PNG 
Views:	21 
Size:	170.6 KB 
ID:	66950

Old BS version of Holiday Gift I icon:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Holiday Gift BS Version.PNG 
Views:	29 
Size:	158.8 KB 
ID:	66949

The team is looking into this. Will keep you posted.
    Storm8 Staff - [S8] HungryGoblin
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com and submit a request
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

Update: This is intentional and will be left as-is. The crates have the same names but different contents.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] HungryGoblin View Post
    Update: This is intentional and will be left as-is. The crates have the same names but different contents.
    Thank you for confirming and I don't mean to be difficult but could the team possibly look into adding some sort of indication that the boxes are different? Like put a 2 or II after the name of the newest one?

I ask because I'm confused how this is supposed to work moving forward, having two mystery boxes that are exact duplicates. Presumably, this box will follow the previous trend and be added to our list at full price after this week and then in future sales it will be marked down in sales as other boxes are/will be.

So, next year or in any future sales when all the seasonal boxes are relisted for sales how will we tell them apart? At the moment each box is showing a different gem price so it's not too terribly difficult to differentiate them but in the future, how will that work?

Players are confused enough with the old holiday box names getting shifted around (as shown in current sale thread), adding this new issue to the mix seems wildly unnecessary when a slight tweak on the name could avoid it entirely.

I went ahead and forwarded your suggestion and feedback to the team.
    Last edited by [S8] HungryGoblin; 12-13-22 at 03:11 PM.

Community Manager [S8] Vanellope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Thank you for confirming and I don't mean to be difficult but could the team possibly look into adding some sort of indication that the boxes are different? Like put a 2 or II after the name of the newest one?

I ask because I'm confused how this is supposed to work moving forward, having two mystery boxes that are exact duplicates. Presumably, this box will follow the previous trend and be added to our list at full price after this week and then in future sales it will be marked down in sales as other boxes are/will be.

So, next year or in any future sales when all the seasonal boxes are relisted for sales how will we tell them apart? At the moment each box is showing a different gem price so it's not too terribly difficult to differentiate them but in the future, how will that work?

Players are confused enough with the old holiday box names getting shifted around (as shown in current sale thread), adding this new issue to the mix seems wildly unnecessary when a slight tweak on the name could avoid it entirely.
    Apologies for the confusion! We were confused because of the wording used if you were actually talking about an issue with Restaurant instead of Bakery Story. The team will be adding II to the title of the box in Bakery Story, so they will be more easily differentiated! You may need to force close to see the changes reflected once it's fixed

Nightclub Owner
    Thank you for adding to the name and sorry for any confusion in my explanations.