Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GOAL: Hanukkah Offerings - 2022 Dec 07 (5 Days)

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjibear666 View Post
    Thank you so much for your comments!
    I was so excited to see a non Christian goal and so disappointed to see the clear lack of interest of what is actually baked or eaten on Hanukkah. There are Sufganiyot the jelly filled doughnuts, challah, gelt (as cookies), knishes? Not matzah! And for the sake of all that is holy can the name be changed from ?matzah crack?? It just an unfortunate reflection of how this was not really thought out. And then the goal? if I want to have some Jewish food and decorations why would I want a table of elves?
    My neighbors live around the world. I strongly support all attempts to be more inclusive, especially when they are accurate.
    Hopefully someone at the team sees the above posts and makes a note to do better research next time. It's always great when they step outside of the standard American holiday calendar and try to include other cultures but it would be even better if it was accurately done next time. Yes, the thought does count but it seems a bit rude and halfhearted to have such large inaccuracies when a google search could've avoided most of the issues even if they were running short on time.

As for the final recipe name.... Matzoh Crack? For me, the name is an issue regardless of when it was released, which appliance used it, if they'd used another cracker name, etc. It's just not okay. And again, if they can't devote the time to do a thorough job of researching, a quick google search would've probably helped. I understand that the name didn't start with the team, that this is a trend that's sadly been happening for years but that doesn't mean they have to perpetuate it.

I doubt they'll be able to replace an entire recipe or goal prize before the goal ends but they could at least change the name of the final recipe, couldn't they? Matzo Brittle, Matzo Toffee, Matzo Bark, Matzo Brittle or even just plain old Chocolate Covered Matzo. Changing the name won't fix the other goal issues but it's at least a step in the right direction, no?

Executive Chef
    Does anyone remember if we've ever had a family lighting candles decoration from the boxes ?

I think that would've been more fitting.

I was a little surprise at the end prize thinking it would be a giant menorah, Hannukah bush or dreidel since we do have those decor already but could've been enlarged or something.

Hopefully y'all can get those decorations in a sale this weekend or early next week, unless S8 changes the final prize.
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY THREAD

Suggestions To Improve Game Experience HERE

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by esleyoga View Post
    A pancake oven because - big shocker - Christmas isn't the only holiday in winter. Traditionally, Jews eat potato PANCAKES during Chanukah, which is generally celebrated in the winter. The goal even has Chanukah in the name to help give context clues 🤦

The REAL question is why the Christmas gnome prize for a Chanukah goal. The second "real" question being why matzah when that's for Passover in the spring?

Zero "real" questions about the assumption that Christmas is the only holiday celebrated in December according to some folk. Non-christians are used to that attitude.
    I think occasions like these, the goal dialogs could be a little educational for example...

"Next, we will be preparing some traditional potato pancakes called latkes..."
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY THREAD

Suggestions To Improve Game Experience HERE

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasha_07 View Post
    Does anyone remember if we've ever had a family lighting candles decoration from the boxes ?

I think that would've been more fitting.

I was a little surprise at the end prize thinking it would be a giant menorah, Hannukah bush or dreidel since we do have those decor already but could've been enlarged or something.

Hopefully y'all can get those decorations in a sale this weekend or early next week, unless S8 changes the final prize.
    I don't think I recall any decos like that from boxes but it would be nice to see a Chanukkah box going forward.

Also, I agree it would've been nice for them to have copied one of the RS Hanukkah decos you listed to this game for this goal.

EDIT - Final recipe on the counter:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BS 12-08-2022 Recipe 3.PNG 
Views:	23 
Size:	480.8 KB 
ID:	66897

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12