Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why neighbors don't read walls?

Farm Supplier

Question Why neighbors don't read walls?

Sorry in advance for venting but I wonder how many of you feel the same way

For the first time in years, I won?t be able to finish the main goal. Why? Because 80% of my neighbors don?t care about others? needs, only their own. They keep sending me 5-day goal parts - when it?s not food, right in the middle of a goal - when I specifically kindly ask not to on my wall and write what I need. I make a point to read all my neighbors?s walls and send what they need. For me that?s an important part of the game.

Obviously, I have long stopped asking them to read my wall and no longer accept their requests or return parts I don?t care about. I keep them onboard solely to visit them and get coins.

There are also those who keep asking, never ever once sending parts despite me sending them. I have one in particular who has been a neighbor for SEVEN years. I have repeatedly sent her parts, she has NEVER sent me anything, I can also see she has never answered my requests. For the past 5 years I decline all her requests. For some reason it amuses me to keep her onboard, I?ll delete her as a xmas present to me

Joking aside, I have noticed a rapid decline in courtesy in the game (in the last 3-4 years maybe). I used to have a big group of long-time friendly, efficient neighbors, they all left one after the other due to the new crazy format and added stress. We all used to finish goals way ahead of time and spent time decorating thus PAYING for gems, that was fair. Now, paying is not an option. Too many glitches, same typos for years, no support, too many parts too little time. Leaving is the only option.

I do understand they have to make money somehow and they did when they did it right. They engaged in a spiral when they changed the format. That?s their choice and so be it and we?re free to follow suit or leave. My post is not to discuss their ways (to each their own) but rather to understand how most of you long time players feel about the playing style from other players that actually slows us down rather than help us. Also trying to understand why they don?t read walls and act that way. Maybe there?s a simple explanation, I don?t have it.

In the meantime, enjoy the game?if you can

I can't speak for anyone else, but I have well over a hundred neighbors and simply do not have enough time in the day to read walls, and trying to gift specific things to specific players just isn't feasible for me. I approve all gift requests that come in, and try to gift something to everyone every day, it's just the same item for everyone and they approve or decline it as they like.

Rhino Keeper
    I personally think, as I have been told this on more than one occasion, that they have too many neighbors and therefore do not have time to read walls. I don’t understand why they need so many? You can only receive 20 gifts, so don’t know why they need more then you need to expand, really? The other problem is that most feel this is “just a game.” I’ve heard this time and time again, as well. For the life of me I can’t figure out why they play? It is Absolutely a game…but few games can be played alone, so if they don’t feel they want to help, then maybe another game would be a better fit? It is my opinion that most players play backwards and thereby make the game harder than it really is. We shouldn’t be reading other players walls, we should be reading our own, and they should be posting when they come by. It’s easier to read 50 posts from YOUR wall, than to read 50 walls! When players have to do this all the time, eventually, they just stop reading all together. That could be part of the issue too. Where gifts are concerned? …different players play at different times and some live in different time zones so some may not ever have the ability to gift because of this, so it is vital, in my unsolicited opinion, that neighbors answer requests and tip so that they are making SOME type of contribution to their neighbor. I have played for 10 years and ALWAYS posted, tipped, and answered ALL requests, regardless of who gifts. I’m not concerned with WHO gifts…only that I receive the 20 allotted every day.

Rhino Keeper
    I would suggest you change your neighbors. I have 35-50 at any time and always get the part I need. You have to add/delete until you find a good mix. I am in no way telling anyone how to play the game but they should have like minded neighbors. I finish every goal with 4 days to spare and the 1st oven gemmed out before the next goal begins. This is a phone app game - not a friendship so I add/delete as needed to have neighbors who tip daily and gift the right gift. I write the gift request on their wall and my wall and then revise it when it I'm ready for 2nd oven and finish building. We all play the games in different ways, for different reasons, in different time zones, and so forth. So just like a marriage and a friendship there has to be a similarity. For those that don't do goals, they should have neighbors that dont do goals. For those who can't tip daily they should have neighbors that cant or don't care. For those that mass gift and don't care about what gift they get, they should have like. But what I will stand firm on is when I ask someone to be neighbors, I tell them what I am looking for - daily tips and right gift. If they accept and don't after 2nd day they are deleted. Once again, it is a game, not a friendship. We have a delete button for a reason. That being said I have had neighbors for 10 years who have never missed a day tipping and never sent a wrong gift. I fill up immediately every goal start and every reset. It takes a while but you can find perfect matches. For those who don't have time to play, this may not be right game for them because its a HUGE time commitment - or have players with same style. We can get 20 gifts and 20 neighbors. If you have the right neighbors - you won't need any more than 20. The rest is just tipping and time wasting. Neighbors serve one purpose - to get parts for ovens. I throw away more food than I can tell you - this is a baking game so why anyone wants food I don't understand. For what it's worth I hope this helps. Use that delete button and look for people who play the style you do.

Rhino Keeper
    Some of you are taking this game way to serious.

It's literally just a game. It should be fun. I mass gift goalparts or basicparts every day. I do not read walls and I do not scroll 75356064 pages to get to a certain part for just one neighbor and that times 68. Maybe if they designed the game with a search funtion, but at this moment I do not have time for that. It's literally just a game. No fulltime job.

I have had neighbors like this in the past (I started playing around 2010ish). Over the years, I have deleted plenty of people. I have whittled my neighbors down to around 90-100. I tip almost exclusively from my wall..I do have a few silent tippers but they been neighbors for years and they are great at giving gifts and filling my MR. I keep neighbors that play like I do.

I will say I have some that are in a different time zone so I know it hard for them to gift me as my gifts fill up quickly but if I get on later in day I know I can count on them for MR.

This game would be SO much better with a search function, or even if they simply alphabetized things. Tapping dozens and dozens of times to find something and hope you don't zoom past it is definitely a pain.

Farm Supplier
    If the gifts were categorised by type on the tabs eg tab 1 current goal parts including side goal parts (which then get moved back to tab 3), tab 2 previous goal parts, tab 3 basic parts, and tab 4 food - then gifting neighbours who want basic parts between goals would be easier. I mass gift food between goals because I'm not prepared to scroll through to the end for one or two who don't want food.
    I keep my neighbour numbers below 50 but even that takes time to visit them all.
    Last edited by AmandaAtLeeds; 12-04-22 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake
    Aka - AJ's Sad Cafe 🇬🇧
    Only accepting new neighbours who don't do challenges and want food gifts like me. I accept all requests for parts. Leave a message on my wall so I can visit you before accepting your invitation

Rhino Keeper
    I’m stuck on the fact that you’ve kept a neighbor for 7 years who has never gifted or provided a part request. I’m in the camp of finding like neighbors. If they don’t have my play style, I don’t add them as a neighbor. Personally, I have a mix of neighbors, some who are food only, some who are mass gifters, etc. the key for me is to know upfront what type of player they are and if they don’t disclose, and also don’t gift, but ask for gifts or part requests, then I delete them. I only keep max 30 neighbors and I’m able to get what I need. I have gone through a lot of neighbors to find the right mix and from time to time, I still have to delete a few who for whatever reason no longer play full time or very seldomly. Life happens.
    Life is like a rollercoaster. Hang on and enjoy the ride.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Burntdinner View Post
    I’m stuck on the fact that you’ve kept a neighbor for 7 years who has never gifted or provided a part request. I’m in the camp of finding like neighbors. If they don’t have my play style, I don’t add them as a neighbor. Personally, I have a mix of neighbors, some who are food only, some who are mass gifters, etc. the key for me is to know upfront what type of player they are and if they don’t disclose, and also don’t gift, but ask for gifts or part requests, then I delete them. I only keep max 30 neighbors and I’m able to get what I need. I have gone through a lot of neighbors to find the right mix and from time to time, I still have to delete a few who for whatever reason no longer play full time or very seldomly. Life happens.
    It's only recently that I have noticed a more "selfish" (for lack of better word) game play so that particular player was just there, I needed neighbors to keep expanding. Now I won't expand so I notice her more.

I have deleted hundreds of neighbors over time, I keep like minded players but they are harder and harder to come by. The best ones I have are quitting (another 2 just this week) and the trend seems to be "gift me what I need and I'll mass gift because I don't have time to read all walls (but do read mine)".

Again, to each their own style. I was just curious about others' experiences. Thank you for your feedback.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast