Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GOAL: Holiday Celebration - 2022 Nov 29 (14 Days)

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Daengel View Post
    well ya know

LORETTA AGREES!!
    Attachment 66795

I usually didn't read the messages and all being too focused racing through goals but finding this one after commenting and reading your comments was hilarious!
    Okay, that is just wild, I mean - what are the odds? lol

Growing up, I really just thought it was something my family did and as an adult I didn't really think of it at all, ever. But now, I'm super curious about how common this is and why. I guess this is just one of those things that is so common that no one really thinks about it until it's pointed out. Now that I am thinking of it, I did a bit of googling....

The basic gist I got is that since most packaging is made to be disposable, when these tins were first released (at a higher price) and people purchased or received it as a gift, it felt too wasteful to simply toss it out after it was empty. And then there's the fact that wartime mentality had households trying to reuse as many items as possible for as long as possible just makes it all the better to any household consumer who had still had those thrifty habits.

In the countdown calendar wall deco, the number 21 is missing, it shows 2 times the number 20

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20221203_141538.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	66796

~sorry i don't remember how to post in this forum

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by dodobakery123 View Post
    In the countdown calendar wall deco, the number 21 is missing, it shows 2 times the number 20

Name:	20221203_141538.jpg 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	66796

~sorry i don't remember how to post in this forum
    Wow good catch! Hmm maybe it?s some kind of secret hint 🧐 The next sale? A secret goal drop? Likely a typo but the investigator in me is curious.
    Please do not send invites. I play actively on a bakery that is not associated with this ID.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by n6omiP View Post
    Driedel Cookies
    Attachment 66792

Not sure if it?s because I?m using a circular shaped counter that the tray hangs off on all sides. Maybe someone else who has this on a square counter can post and see if it has the same presentation.
    It is nice to see Hanukkah represented, but the flat tray presentation is lacking. These cookies would look so much nicer on something with height or if they were stacked up a bit. The square tray is just weird to me. The rest of the goal has been pretty good so far!

Fashion Designer
    Ornament Bon Bons

Name:	E6AB0698-C05A-4DC4-9050-46DEC0D0469E.jpeg 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	66823
    Please do not send invites. I play actively on a bakery that is not associated with this ID.

Question about the side goal recipes. I purchased the “u” version of the appliance from which the Gift Wrapped fudge recipe originated. I have been cooking them on the basic oven. However, the progress (level 3 complete) is not reflected on the original appliance. Can I trust that when the recipe is removed from the basic oven at the end of the goal, my progress will show correctly on the original appliance? I would hate to continue and waste time & coins on mastering the recipe just to have to do it again on the Yule oven.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Catwoman131313 View Post
    Question about the side goal recipes. I purchased the ?u? version of the appliance from which the Gift Wrapped fudge recipe originated. I have been cooking them on the basic oven. However, the progress (level 3 complete) is not reflected on the original appliance. Can I trust that when the recipe is removed from the basic oven at the end of the goal, my progress will show correctly on the original appliance? I would hate to continue and waste time & coins on mastering the recipe just to have to do it again on the Yule oven.
    Short answer: No. In my best estimation, any progress made while the recipe is in the Basic Oven will/should transfer over to the recipe when it returns to its original home but not transfer over to its Echo counterpart.

Long answer: From the programming side of things, the Echo appliances are considered a unique and separate appliance than their original namesakes. As such, any mastery progress on one will have no bearing on the mastery progress of the other because they're totally different appliances as far as the game is concerned.

A good indicator would be, when you open the Echo Yuletide appliance, is the Gift-Wrapped Fudge recipe still available in the CookBook? If it's still there then that proves the game sees the Echo version's Gift-Wrapped Fudge as a totally different recipe. If the recipe is missing, then the game sees it as the same as the one in the Basic Oven right now which has been temporarily removed from the regular Yuletide Candy Maker.

On the upside: While you feel like it's a waste of coins and time to master the recipe twice, the silver lining is doing so would provide you with twice the gem rewards as well!

Also, keep in mind that I'm just a player, not anyone affiliated with the team and am basing the above on how things have worked previously in the game.

New Resident
    Hi there.
    I am hoping someone can steer me right with a little problem I have encountered.
    I have just unlocked Goal 9: Bon Bon Voyage.
    I have some Ornament Bon bons cooking, but I cannot seem to place the 2 Toy Parade Art Decos required.
    They are unlocked and buyable, but when the game says ?tap on an empty space to place the item? it will not let me do it.
    I have made sure there is plenty of space for it to be placed but alas it just won?t land.
    Any help gratefully appreciated.

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Catwoman131313 View Post
    Question about the side goal recipes. I purchased the “u” version of the appliance from which the Gift Wrapped fudge recipe originated. I have been cooking them on the basic oven. However, the progress (level 3 complete) is not reflected on the original appliance. Can I trust that when the recipe is removed from the basic oven at the end of the goal, my progress will show correctly on the original appliance? I would hate to continue and waste time & coins on mastering the recipe just to have to do it again on the Yule oven.
    I'll flag this over to get confirmation just in case
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by stuleg View Post
    Hi there.
    I am hoping someone can steer me right with a little problem I have encountered.
    I have just unlocked Goal 9: Bon Bon Voyage.
    I have some Ornament Bon bons cooking, but I cannot seem to place the 2 Toy Parade Art Decos required.
    They are unlocked and buyable, but when the game says ?tap on an empty space to place the item? it will not let me do it.
    I have made sure there is plenty of space for it to be placed but alas it just won?t land.
    Any help gratefully appreciated.
    Even though it's a 4x4 deco, some players on Android have reported in the past that they have to leave extra empty space to be able to place certain items. If you've got at least 5x5 empty and still cannot place it, you may have to open a Support Ticket with the team.
    Last edited by AnnirasSweets; 12-05-22 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Whoop! Forgot to add the hyperlink

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast