Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Castle Story 11/24: Dread and Circuses | event information on page 1

Executive Chef
    I knew after missing a couple of days while sick that I wasn?t going to finish. No big deal since I?m not particularly a circus fan. I did decide to go for the deco and add Circus Land to my amusement park. I had to laugh at the High Dive - high dive for circus mice, maybe.

I also changed around a few other deco to make South Seas Land.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E7B0DD79-797B-4335-9A5C-032980C301AE.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	249.0 KB 
ID:	66857

Name:	5104124A-A23E-431E-AC7D-B659FF329433.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	149.1 KB 
ID:	66858

Rhino Keeper
    After nine years of finishing goals, I have reached a point when I can no longer keep up with the updates for various reasons. Yes, there have been times when I have been totally locked out, but for the most part, it is because the requirements are just too time consuming. Additionally, collection requirements are unrealistic, and those that result in no pay-off are so frustrating. As a result, I have lost interest, am not willing to set timers to visit my kingdom multiple times throughout the day, and refuse to invest the time, energy, and cash it would take to complete all goals. My only sadness is that I miss the game this used to be.

Executive Chef
    WOW, this was practically impossible. There was no way to work ahead. The amount of crafting was ridiculous. Using fast worker helped bu actually naked me have to log in even more often.

Rhino Keeper

No Way

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    This has been such a time intensive event. I am still crafting and will hopefully finish within hours of the event ending. This is completely abnormal for me. I can usually knock events over in a week (and I generally do not gem skip anything), but this one will be down to the wire. I'm in uncharted territory here! So, please don't feel bad or that you didn't try hard enough or similar if you don't end up completing all of the goals for this event. This is a tough one for sure. For lower level players, if you can get the Caravan Cars then that is a huge win as they have excellent drops for you.
    I have tried 2 days to get raging ringer. No monsters on board. After all that crafting, I will not be able to finish. Not being a guarantee was a bad game decision.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by FlowerBurst View Post
    After nine years of finishing goals, I have reached a point when I can no longer keep up with the updates for various reasons. Yes, there have been times when I have been totally locked out, but for the most part, it is because the requirements are just too time consuming. Additionally, collection requirements are unrealistic, and those that result in no pay-off are so frustrating. As a result, I have lost interest, am not willing to set timers to visit my kingdom multiple times throughout the day, and refuse to invest the time, energy, and cash it would take to complete all goals. My only sadness is that I miss the game this used to be.
    Same here I was not able to finish the previous challenge and won’t be able to finish this one again because of the collection times mixed with the number of items required to craft and crafting time. I see to be able to complete almost all events without or with minimal gems, while being able to sleep, eat, work, etc. I still enjoy the game but I have to stop trying to reach the main goal. Like, knowing a few days ago that I wouldn’t be able to finish, I would have spent time getting the hats to craft the lion.

I get they want us to spend gems. I would be more liking to pay for gems if I knew that I could achieve the events with a few gems.

I Agree 💯%! I am retired and do play throughout the day and this one (and some others) are impossible for me to finish. I am tired of not getting things done in my home and failing to complete challenges. It is just a matter of time before they lose a bunch of us, but maybe they don?t care.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowerBurst View Post
    Worse event yet. Just not enough time. I did end up with the lion but for the amount of work that is not much. If you wanted to ?win? anything you have that buy the prizes. May as well just add new stuff for sale. Why bother with doing all these tasks and running out of time. People have to sleep, get normal things done, etc. either give more time or reduce requirements. I am almost done but will not make it.

Well, that?s it for me. I knew a few days ago I was unlikely to finish, but now it?s fact. Not enough hours in the day to complete all these ridiculous goals, so like so many others, I won?t be finishing.

I purposefully stopped playing the last event because of the unreasonable expectations of crafting/collecting. I liked the circus theme in this one and foolishly assumed that because the last event was very time intensive, that this one would be easier, as is (was?) their usual M.O., but no such luck. I haven?t been in the forums lately, but had I known this event was going to be so arduous, I probably wouldn?t have started it in the first place. As it was, it wasn?t fun at all trying to meet such demanding goals. This is a game, isn?t is SUPPOSED to be fun?

I read a number of comments saying S8 is just wanting players to use gems, and I think that?s accurate, but I also think they are trying to make challenging events for their long-time players who are maxed on things, have a ton of energy, and don?t mind spending their time glued to their game. I happen to be part of the former two, but absolutely not the later. So here is my suggestion, S8: keep lower-leveled players on the low-level requirements, & for those who are higher-leveled players, have TWO play options, a normal high-level requirement event & a challenging high-level requirement event. That way, players can choose based on how they know their next couple of weeks will be (obligations, work, personal events, etc.) &/or how much time they are willing to dedicate to their game.

In the meantime, can you be realistic about the fact that your players also have lives outside of this game? I love that there are always events going on, it?s one of the things that keeps me playing, but I do not appreciate events that force me to be a slave to my game in order to finish (least of all during the holidays!).

Fashion Designer
    Love the look of your Circus Land

Quote Originally Posted by GiselleX16 View Post
    I knew after missing a couple of days while sick that I wasn?t going to finish. No big deal since I?m not particularly a circus fan. I did decide to go for the deco and add Circus Land to my amusement park. I had to laugh at the High Dive - high dive for circus mice, maybe.

I also changed around a few other deco to make South Seas Land.

Name:	E7B0DD79-797B-4335-9A5C-032980C301AE.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	249.0 KB 
ID:	66857

Name:	5104124A-A23E-431E-AC7D-B659FF329433.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	149.1 KB 
ID:	66858
    Queendom Name - Hyrule

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Please note that the Cotton Candy Machine has a collection timer of 4 hours now and the Balancing Elephant has a collection timer on 3 hours now. Their post event drops have now be***.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112