Thread: I need help deciding what Story Lines Goals to work on first

I need help deciding what Story Lines Goals to work on first

I am level 50 and have been playing for 1 year. I do all the events and therefore have had little time to do the regular story lines. I would love some advice from longer term players as to what they think I should work on first and/or save for last. Most recently, I was focused on the Search for Sabina and finally finished that one. The Story lines I have in my goal book are:

A Little Gnomish (Part 1)
    The Candy Kingdom (Part 1)
    The Council Pt. 1
    An Elemental Discovery (Part 1)
    The Academy: A Long Forgotten Spell
    The Scorpion Desert Pt 1/4
    The Island of Audra Pt 1/4
    The Hidden Forest (Part 1)
    What Storms May Come (Part 1)

Thanks for any help/advice!!

Executive Chef
    None of the storylines finish with any prizes that have incredible drops.

More just for cool new deco (lots of buildings and characters) and storylines.

Also look at the plots where the storylines are - start the storylines of the plots you want to open first.
    Last edited by hagypagy; 11-20-22 at 06:34 AM.

Thanks. It's good to know none of them have any incredible drops. Maybe I won't even bother with them and just keep doing the events. I have looked at the map but I don't really care which plots I open. If there was a story line that was especially enjoyable or useful, I was going to start it.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    The only storyline arc that leads to another is Storms. I'd be inclined to do that one first cause the coral castle is a 2 hour coin dropper and super useful.

Think about whether you do storyline's that need the same trees and monsters. You'll need to look them up though.

Good luck! Whatever you end up starting, at least all the info is available up front which is a huge bonus.

Fashion Designer
    If you are into "walkers," The Academy storyline is the gateway to quite a few. https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1662949

It is a very long-term quest requiring lots of ingredient collection (presumably less painful if one spends gems to buy a specialty item dropper. I'm doing it the hard way, lol.)

The same is true for Elemental Discovery and some others you mentioned. They just take a long time, especially if you don't have an army of alicorns that give energy. You have already figured out what many players don't realize: the advanced quests in his game are just side distractions, and the Events are the main focus, where you get cool cute new stuff. ;-)

The shock for me as a free player was how expensive the plots were, like 500k+ coins. But I didn't even know that planting Fellora Blossoms was a cash source, lol.

Regarding the Storms etc quest line, the chop resources from the market cost like 20k or 40k (or possibly 80k? I can't remember) EACH. A bit more expensive than chopping willows, lol. Icr where they are required, aside from Mermaid Mayhem, so again I'm doing things the slow way. I did get a nice surprise when I bought some relatively cheap, low-energy droppers: the Aquatic and Marine alicorns drop like 4-6 energy per day but also drop bits of coral and starfish for the storyline.
    Last edited by Lavenderdale; 11-23-22 at 08:21 PM.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavenderdale View Post

I did get a nice surprise when I bought some relatively cheap, low-energy droppers: the Aquatic and Marine alicorns drop like 4-6 energy per day but also drop bits of coral and starfish for the storyline.
    Where do I find the Aquatic and Marine alicorn? Thanks for your help.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by vlindertje58 View Post
    Where do I find the Aquatic and Marine alicorn? Thanks for your help.
    They aren't in the market at the moment. You have to wait until S8 puts them in a sale, if they ever do again. I'm sure they will at some point. You just always have to be checking the sales to see if there are any affordable energy droppers.
    Disagreements are a normal part of the human experience and can be handled respectfully. Don't think I don't see.

Rhino Keeper
    I agree with SW and would go for the Storms questline. The Coral Castle trully is one of the fastest ways to earn 2000/3000 coins every 2 hours. The Gnomish Mine the same, although I'm not sure if it isn't much harder to level up compared to the Coral Castle. Another thing, If you ever decide to do more than one questline at the same time, make sure it's not "An Elemental Discovery" and "The Candy Kingdom" at the same time, since each of them will require different materials from different monsters but that are both spawned in bushes, meaning that if you're at a point that requires you to fight toxic spirits, a lot of times (most of the times in my case!) the spawns were candy trolls giving me items that I didn't need at that point. This also goes for the questline "Trial of Virtues", since the harpies also come from bushes. But I understand you don't have it available (or maybe you've already finished it).
    Last edited by azriX2012; 06-02-23 at 02:04 PM. Reason: typo

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerSwan51 View Post
    They aren't in the market at the moment. You have to wait until S8 puts them in a sale, if they ever do again. I'm sure they will at some point. You just always have to be checking the sales to see if there are any affordable energy droppers.
    Thanks for the information. I will check the sales.