Thread: Ancient Octopus timed goal worth it?

Fashion Designer

Ancient Octopus timed goal worth it?

The quest info says this is a guaranteed mithril dropper, and amongst other possible drops it lists 5 energy. Not listed on Shibuya's post.

Does the energy drop happen often, or rarely or what? Is it "worth" it?

I accidentally started Elemental Part II after holding off all these years. Now trying to decide if I should abandon other activities to get 180 poisoned maps and 210 poisoned wood. It probably doesn't sound like a lot, but it means a lot of toxic spirit spawns and chopping.

My biggest problem is that the owner of my borrowed ipad is taking it on vacation for 3+ weeks! Using Android cell phone has a 5 second pause every 5 actions, it is just too crushing to bear.

(That's why I haven't played for 2 years. Newer phones and o/s upgrades do not help. My observations indicate the game is primarily aimed at iOS: for example, last android update was in 2019. I don't blame them, designing for both couldn't have been easy. But it's hard for an android user to keep playing.)
    Official game play info is on the Storm8 Hub. Separately, the CastleStoryGuide WIKI offers main storyline info, but linked and cross-referenced on pages and tables as you would expect. Contributors are welcome.

Fashion Designer
    The ancient octopus drops mithril every 8 hrs, which great for the times it's needed in MRC, or other times it's needed for events. I found the 5 energy is seldom dropped, but I still say the mithril drops make it worth the time and energy. (Is Elemental part II timed? If not just take your time)

(I actually brought an iPad this yr because play on my android devices was impossible, so I agree game is mostly aimed at iOS.)

Fashion Designer
    thank you very much for responding!

It's a 30 day timed goal.
    You are right, I probably should "go for it" for the mithril. I only have the forest totem animal (forget name) guaranteed dropper.

Sadly, the only thing I've made in the MRC is the unicorn! I never get enough gold tokens: I still haven't bought a cabbage hut! and am instead working toward a second wizard portal, lol.

So right now, when I get 99 mithril I forge an adamant, lol.

Thank you again for your encouragement.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by LemracCafe View Post
    (I actually brought an iPad this yr because play on my android devices was impossible, so I agree game is mostly aimed at iOS.)
    Had to post back because I've had a shock. Game works almost normal speed on my son's old Galaxy S9!!

I quit playing on my old Motorola Z2 force a few years ago. I could barely get the game to load anymore. Still unplayable on my latest Motorola (a 2020 model, I always buy two years behind) - a 3 second pause every 10 seconds. Now I'm not sure if it's Motorola's issue or if I just have too much data on my own phones (usually half of the available), but here I am, playing on an Android! Woo!!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by LemracCafe View Post
    The ancient octopus drops mithril every 8 hrs, which great for the times it's needed in MRC, or other times it's needed for events. I found the 5 energy is seldom dropped, but I still say the mithril drops make it worth the time and energy.
    Got my octopus! I was over halfway through make benediction brews anyway, and with Weekday Warrior and skipping this event, I finished. Thanks again for your encouragement!