Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not earning enough coins to bake new recipes

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by GinaWill2 View Post
    Hi! I wanted to say thanks for ALL the Awesome information you provided us. Bare with me I'm still learning. My question is what recipes are 8 and 10 coins? I truly like this idea.
    Glad to help. Off the top of my head, the Red Velvet Cake gains $12 per serving, Sugar Cookies and Cinnamon Rolls get $10 per serving and there's a handful of other drinks and recipes that offer more than the usual $4 per serving - but again, that's just off the top of my head.

I recommend checking out the CookBook and Recipe Guide, link in my signature below. It lists every recipe in the game and all the info for them including images and details on what level they unlock at and costs/profits per recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    The bots in our games walk at a preset speed, as is how long they sit at the tables and 'eat' the food. Other than what recipes we serve, the only factors we, as players, can change or alter in making coins is how far the bots have to walk from door, to register, to table and back out again.

If you have your tables or register very far away from the door or have a lot of obstacles in the way, it will take your customers that much longer to come and go which slows down your earnings significantly. If you want to make as much money as fast as possible, you'll want to have your tables placed in a way so that the bots are in and out as quick as possible.

A few years back (I think it was 2017 or so) I changed my layout according the info I found in the forums on the subject and I've never had to wait more than a few days to sell out all of my food when I want to redecorate. If/when I think I'm spending too much and need to make a bit more coin, I make sure to set at least four ovens and four drink mixers serving the older recipes that give either 8 or 10 coins per serving rather than only using the new recipes which give 4 per serving. Between those two things, my bank is safe and doesn't dip down below where I want it.

Below is a list of a few of the links I can recall using and as I said, they are very old but still accurate and some of them are from RS but, again, we players in BS have found the info in them just as useful to this day.

- Client Calculator thread here
    - Most efficient layout here
    - Adjusting food consumption speed here
    - Fecs layout vs GroovyRuss here
    - Optimal door and register numbers here
    In addition to what Annira said, last year I learned that having too much seating can slow sales down. Around 30 customers enter as a group. Having more seats, especially if the seats are far from the door, cause customers to take longer to sit. You'd think they'll just take the first available seat, but most customers like to be random. So, instead of choosing the closest seat, they'd walk far to find a seat.

Basically, its best to keep your seating arrangement small. I suggest no less than 15 seats, with tables ofc, for each door you have. Make sure your seats are close to the register and door. You can always put more tables in other places for tips. But keep your desired eating area small.

You want the shortest walk for your bots to sell food quickly. They need enough room to move. Little things can throw them off like no staff at the register. I use the number of tables and distance they walk to speed up or slow down consumption.

New Resident
    I've played bakery story for several years as well. I've encountered the same challenges earning coin too. Generally, I've kept the same layout for many years just changing decorations for seasons and holidays but the layout stays the same. I can't earn enough coins to participate in goals at the current pace of the game so I've had to create my own strategy to keep playing. I've used lots of different methods over the years but currently I find it easier to pull out a stopwatch and take note of the current rate of coins earned. My goal is to maintain profit of 1000 coins every 2 min. This allows me to complete goals within the timeframe that I need to. Keep in mind what works for me may not be someone else's cup of tea and not everyone has the time to invest.

Currently, my layout consists of 4 doors, 36 chairs, and 4 cash registers; each door contains 9 chairs for the 26 customers that enter. Each door only allows 5 floor tiles of walk space and a cashier placed midway between. Unfortunately, I have an obsession for cakes and if I want to display my cakes and make enough money to continue new goals for more cake recipes, I have to look at solutions that bring in money. Currently I have about 250 counters of food; about 100 of those counters are red velvet cake earning 12 coins. This creates a selling ratio that allows me to display the things I like while making coin. I hope that coin amounts for food will increase or an increase in customers for higher level players would be fine as well. The game moves at a much faster pace than it did several years ago, 4 coin foods make the game very difficult to play at times.
    Last edited by Syan1de; 01-18-23 at 07:02 PM.

To add on to the previous reply to you ...

Drinks (10 coins): Earl Grey Tea, Cappuccino, Latte, Love Potion, Hot Apple Cider

Food: (12) Red Velvet Cake; (10) Sugar Cookies, Cinnamon Rolls; (8) Pumpkin Pie

Please note these are coins per serving. Profit per serving is more like 7ish for Red Velvet Cake, 4ish for Pumpkin Pie and 5-6 for everything else on this list.

Rhino Keeper
    I just wanted to add that I have my bakery and Resto seating, set for the max earning and have noticed it doesn?t help anymore. I took a break from the game for a year and came back to find that I can?t earn ANY coins. I?ve bought barely anything and haven?t budged from 134,000,000 in BS and 29,000 in Resto for the last 4 or 5 months! This is rediculous. It?s worse in Bakery than it is in Resto. If I can?t earn coins then what is the point? I didn?t have to add counters in Bakery for over 7 years, now, I?m having to add counters. The game has gone down hill over the years and the 40 some neighbors I have, are hanging on by a thread?I?m sad and disappointed because this game is a great game, it just isn?t living up to its potential anymore. 😔

Rhino Keeper
    Same. That's why I stopped playing goals for now. Sometimes one goal because of the prices but my coinaccount was draining because of the amouth of things we need to buy to complete the goal. Like 6 chairs instead of 4 or 2 items instead of 1. And I do not get the amouth of interest over my earnings as I did before. I opened a topic about that a while ago but never got an answer.

I just gave up. BS and RS arent as fun as it was before.

Next to what have been said already: go tipping, if you need coins. Lots of tips..you can get collectibles out of it and if you are lucky you can finish one of the collections with coins as a prize.
    I also strongly recommend to ask your neighbors for cappuccino (not the other food). They earn 10 coins per serving.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by DieFarm2 View Post
    Next to what have been said already: go tipping, if you need coins. Lots of tips..you can get collectibles out of it and if you are lucky you can finish one of the collections with coins as a prize.
    I also strongly recommend to ask your neighbors for cappuccino (not the other food). They earn 10 coins per serving.
    The tipping MIGHT work, but nothing else is, anymore. Between the non stop goals and the inability to earn coins, as well as the nearly impossible goals, I’ve had 5 neighbors quit this week!! Storm needs to just STOP! Seriously! It has gotten out of control and nobody seems to care. They keep offering the same things for sale, over and over again. Had two quit last month because of this. These are long time players. Or maybe they want to get rid of the long time players? I’m not sure anymore.

I am having the same problem!

I used to have 25 million/ now less than 300,000!!

I have: not purchased any items/ not changed floor plan/ have been playing for 10+ years

SOMETHING is up!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast