Thread: Android users

Android users

Why isn't there bonus packs available to buy for Android users like there is for iPhone players?

Nightclub Owner
    I think it mostly has to do with the difference in how the platforms themselves work and behave. This is an issue that's seen across a wide variety of games where iOS updates/extras/IAPs seem 'better'/more frequent/smoother compared to their Android counterparts. The thing is, just because the we, the customers, are seeing essentially the same game on both platforms does not mean that the actual coding/programming of the game is anywhere near being the same on Storm8's side of things.

There was this article I was reading the other day about how consumers felt developers - as a whole - were neglecting their Droid user base while seemingly catering to their iOS base. A developer cited in the article stated that he had just finished implementing a new feature in a game and it was basically brutal to finish for Droid but that the iOS was a breeze. I can't recall all the details but I know he said it took 3 days and five hundred some lines of code on Android but that very same feature was only twenty some lines of code and mere minutes to implement on iOS.

I'm not a programmer and have only a very rudimentary understanding of how it all works but everything I've read and seen on the subject makes it seem that from a developer's side of things, Android is much more complicated and involved when it comes to these additions, especially limited time ones.

I like to think of it as they're basically written in different languages and it's like iOS is a hooked-on-phonics, easy to use language while Droid is a college level advanced studies language, lol. I mean, it makes sense if you really think about the sheer number of different devices/operating systems that the Droid version of any app has to be compatible with whereas the iOS version of that same app only has to work for a few devices, all of which are running the same exact OS or an older version of it.

That said, I do agree that it would be nice if the team could look into finding a way to get some type of deal to Android users even if it can't be the same exact set up as iOS users see. Perhaps something like the Magic Oven offers we sometimes see. iOS gets a Value Pack or they can buy it as a single appliance for 200 gems but on Androids they get the same appliance on sale but for 140 gems.

Again, not a programmer here and I know it seems simple from our side of things and it's really not so simple or easy on s8's side of the screen but I feel like there is a compromise that could be found somewhere.

I feel like the simplest way to do it (if that's the developer's issue) would be to programme android first then ios. But hey, I'm not a programmer either. So, what do I even know \_(?_?)_/

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    I think it mostly has to do with the difference in how the platforms themselves work and behave. This is an issue that's seen across a wide variety of games where iOS updates/extras/IAPs seem 'better'/more frequent/smoother compared to their Android counterparts. The thing is, just because the we, the customers, are seeing essentially the same game on both platforms does not mean that the actual coding/programming of the game is anywhere near being the same on Storm8's side of things.

There was this article I was reading the other day about how consumers felt developers - as a whole - were neglecting their Droid user base while seemingly catering to their iOS base. A developer cited in the article stated that he had just finished implementing a new feature in a game and it was basically brutal to finish for Droid but that the iOS was a breeze. I can't recall all the details but I know he said it took 3 days and five hundred some lines of code on Android but that very same feature was only twenty some lines of code and mere minutes to implement on iOS.

I'm not a programmer and have only a very rudimentary understanding of how it all works but everything I've read and seen on the subject makes it seem that from a developer's side of things, Android is much more complicated and involved when it comes to these additions, especially limited time ones.

I like to think of it as they're basically written in different languages and it's like iOS is a hooked-on-phonics, easy to use language while Droid is a college level advanced studies language, lol. I mean, it makes sense if you really think about the sheer number of different devices/operating systems that the Droid version of any app has to be compatible with whereas the iOS version of that same app only has to work for a few devices, all of which are running the same exact OS or an older version of it.

That said, I do agree that it would be nice if the team could look into finding a way to get some type of deal to Android users even if it can't be the same exact set up as iOS users see. Perhaps something like the Magic Oven offers we sometimes see. iOS gets a Value Pack or they can buy it as a single appliance for 200 gems but on Androids they get the same appliance on sale but for 140 gems.

Again, not a programmer here and I know it seems simple from our side of things and it's really not so simple or easy on s8's side of the screen but I feel like there is a compromise that could be found somewhere.
    What about the diversity with the people? Android has diversity with bakery and restaurant story, but iOS doesn’t.

Something like that would be a reasonable compromise. It's a shame we miss out on the value packs. ��*♀️

New Resident
    I've been playing BS and all the other games for almost 11 years and in some games, like Dragon Story, it was very beneficial to play on iOS. I've played the games on Android and iOS. iOS had the gem generator in BS and watch videos for gems or cooking times. I used to have an old iPhone to play the games. It didn't have service so you use it like a tablet that needs wifi. I've gone to just playing on my very old ipad for the extra "benefits". I don't know what I'll do when my iPad becomes too outdated. Maybe you can find someone wanting to get rid of an old iPhone and just use it for the game.

Moreover, the notification function does not work on android when the cookie is ready. It practically never warns. This should also be changed. This distinction is quite strange in all respects!