Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 10/06: Creator & Monster | event information on page 1

Fashion Designer
    I click on the Go for build a grimly cottage. It takes me to inventory, but I don't see anything that would let me build one.
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ladlasse View Post
    I click on the Go for build a grimly cottage. It takes me to inventory, but I don't see anything that would let me build one.
    You need the Builder's Guild which probably in your inventory. We got it a while ago so tapping on the go button should take you to that building if you have it. This info is on page 1 of this thread.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Stymie52 View Post
    I am on Goal 6, and I have 10 Vampire Medals in Inventory. They must have been obtained from leveling up. I will try to be more aware of where they are coming from. Godd luck to all.
    Congrats Stymie!
    From post #3 you can see that the medals are a reward from goal 4 onwards as follow:
    Goal 4 rewards +5 vampire medals
    Goal 5 rewards +5 vampire medals
    Goal 6 rewards +13 vampire medals
    Goal 7 rewards +13 vampire medals
    Goal 8 rewards +13 vampire medals
    Goal 9 rewards +15 vampire medals
    Goal 10 rewards +15 vampire medals

Total during this event: 79
    Kingdom Name : Alain-land 🗿
    Storm ID : xiq24

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    I think a big part of the problem, is that certain items that count as Town Buildings are awarded as prizes, as well as sold for gems during sales. Whether or not one is over the "limit" on Town Buildings, if it's a prize drop (the Ice Cream Cottages come to mind) you can be over without knowing it, or planning on going over it. So quite a few of the long time players, have well over the maximum number of Town buildings. They would have to sell numerous items in attempts to get below the level cap. And especially when one has purchased these buildings with gems, and they *don't* work in events, it's a mess. Like, I love love love the look of the Pumpkin Cottage, but bet that it won't work in an event when a Cottage is needed. At least, the past few years I have been seeing people report that a new, gem purchase building doesn't work, then it gets "fixed" for the event...then this whole scenario repeats at a later event. So I am unwilling to purchase these fancy things, that max me out of buildings, when I am trying to participate in and finish events before they end.
    It does seem like it would be a lot easier from a coding perspective to just increase the limit. But the real problem is fixing the categorization/labeling of the buildings and if they did that they would not have to increase the building limit because there would be an exception on the special buildings. Either way, it seems like a recurring issue. It is kind of crazy that if they make a fix to an event and then they repeat it they dont fix it when they are making all of the changes to the new event items. At least it is fixed now. I hope people get their buildings back.

Fashion Designer
    Think I'll try something different tonight and get more than 2 hr sleep and hope I still have enough waking hours during the rest of this event to finish it.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by mrootje View Post
    I'm allowed to craft a toadstool cottage and a toadstool farmhouse in the Builder's Guild. Are those just for fun and can I start, or better wait cause otherwise I'll be on the max of buildings again?
    Better wait until you have crafted the Grim one up enough to get the prizes. Some of the same "upgrade" things needed for the Grim, are also for the Toadstool. So you will need blocks, beams, hides, yellow dye etc. I would just play it safe. The look of the Grim cottage is the same as the Haunted Cottage from a few years back, and I hope to make a few more, but I am waiting until I get the main prizes from the original Grim Cottage updates. Also in case I have an "unlucky" account and don't get a lot of Francine's Kit drops from the Lab.
    Last edited by SofiaDeo; 10-08-22 at 01:43 PM.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    The Pumpkin Cottage does work like a regular one. I got it in an event way back and have been able to collect from it during events that require Cottages.
    Thanks, I will consider it! I love all things Halloween-y!
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)

Executive Chef
    If Blythe Faerie houses are town buildings, are the Glimmer Houses also a town one? Perhaps those contribute to the "mystery Town Building" numbers? I have 2 each for great compact coin droppers, but won't do any more.
    Last edited by SofiaDeo; 10-08-22 at 01:44 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    The Lab might also drop items we need too... not enough intel yet to figure it all out, but there has never been an event where we need to lose sleep to finish. It will be interesting to see how many we can end up crafting. Let's see what happens in the next day when we get a better idea of what the Lab drops etc.
    Good news! I have gotten 1 metal rod with each collection from my level 3 Fortified Laboratory. I am currently crafting my 4th LightningTower. Based on the previous event, we should get multiple metal rods when we collect from higher levels of the Fortified Laboratory so that will definitely help with completing this event.

Sleep is allowed

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hejhejhej View Post
    Does anyone know how to unlock the grim potion shop? It says its locked by goal but I can?t seem to find the right information
    I completed the side goal and leveled up my Grim Cottage to receive the Mad Doctor. Both the Grim Workshop and Grim Potion shop changed to ?Max Reached.?

Do you already have 2 normal Workshops and Potion Shops? If so, you will not be able to craft these. These are options for people who prefer this skin. I do not see any additional prizes for making them, but if you want a different look you can sell your normal versions and make the Grim version.